Straight Talk Wireless - Cut off phone service the day before the service end date
My service end date is supposed to be on 6-3-2013.Today while on the phone with my father, my call was abruptly shut off.
I contacted Straight Talk to ask about the number of minutes used which I purchased 1000. The only minutes they would give me was the amount of text messages. But they tried to tell me that they do not have access to the amount of minutes. I ask them to provide me with an accounting of minutes of incoming and outgoing calls for the past month, and then for the past 6 months.
They refused and kept sending me to different customer service reps. I finally became annoyed enough to file a consumer complaint with the State of Tennessee and I emailed Straight Talk customer service to advise them of said complaint. I received an email back stating that I have to get a notarized request and take photo copy of the serial number on the back of my phone before they can provide said information. I advised them that this is absurd because they should have this data available since they would need to know that to know when to cut the phone off.
In the past year I have paid several times two to three days early. I have long suspected that they have reset the service start date based on when you pay. But I am unable to verify this since I cannot see the incoming and outgoing call data minutes. I very rarely use this phone but if this month I did go over minute amounts then I would be ok with it.
But I know in the past several months I have not utilized all the minutes. Customer service is not what customer service should be about and you can hardly understand them half the time.
I will be furthering this complaint as high as I can.With this economy being as it is some honesty should be paramount in this type of service.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I first got the ZTE majesty last Christmas. Since then i've had to return it three times. The first time was due to it cutting off at half battery and..."
- "CellItUsed.com stole my phone! Either that or $123 of my moneyâ€¦ Let me explain... I have used other "sell your cell phone" type services in the past. Whenever I used one,..."
- "I have been a customer with At&t for 2 years, last year I got an IPhone 5 and my plan was renewed. For about a year and a half I..."
- "Buyer beware BAIT AND SWITCH. They post a NEWER model Mac book on Craigslist and then try to sell you an old model. I went to purchase for..."
- "Botach took my order, screwed me on shipping charges, immediately charged my credit card, and then shorted me on 1/3 of my order. Its been a month now and I..."
- "Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago. After 2 yrs the leather started peeling. Now the entire sectional is peeling. Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed...."
- "I placed an order for 5 tickets to the ALDS: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays - Game 1 (Home Game 1) from VividSeats.com on Thursday October 1, 2015 The..."
- "Ordered one thing and they delivered a much cheaper arrangement and said they would replace it next day with the right thing. Never did and when you call they..."
- "This company is a sham, they sell tickets to postponed or cancelled events even after they've known that the event has been postponed and/or cancelled! Then they tell you that..."