Straight Talk Wireless - Cut off phone service the day before the service end date

My service end date is supposed to be on 6-3-2013.Today while on the phone with my father, my call was abruptly shut off.

I contacted Straight Talk to ask about the number of minutes used which I purchased 1000. The only minutes they would give me was the amount of text messages. But they tried to tell me that they do not have access to the amount of minutes. I ask them to provide me with an accounting of minutes of incoming and outgoing calls for the past month, and then for the past 6 months.

They refused and kept sending me to different customer service reps. I finally became annoyed enough to file a consumer complaint with the State of Tennessee and I emailed Straight Talk customer service to advise them of said complaint. I received an email back stating that I have to get a notarized request and take photo copy of the serial number on the back of my phone before they can provide said information. I advised them that this is absurd because they should have this data available since they would need to know that to know when to cut the phone off.

In the past year I have paid several times two to three days early. I have long suspected that they have reset the service start date based on when you pay. But I am unable to verify this since I cannot see the incoming and outgoing call data minutes. I very rarely use this phone but if this month I did go over minute amounts then I would be ok with it.

But I know in the past several months I have not utilized all the minutes. Customer service is not what customer service should be about and you can hardly understand them half the time.

I will be furthering this complaint as high as I can.With this economy being as it is some honesty should be paramount in this type of service.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Straight Talk Wireless. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about