Straight Talk Wireless - Cut off phone service the day before the service end date
My service end date is supposed to be on 6-3-2013.Today while on the phone with my father, my call was abruptly shut off.
I contacted Straight Talk to ask about the number of minutes used which I purchased 1000. The only minutes they would give me was the amount of text messages. But they tried to tell me that they do not have access to the amount of minutes. I ask them to provide me with an accounting of minutes of incoming and outgoing calls for the past month, and then for the past 6 months.
They refused and kept sending me to different customer service reps. I finally became annoyed enough to file a consumer complaint with the State of Tennessee and I emailed Straight Talk customer service to advise them of said complaint. I received an email back stating that I have to get a notarized request and take photo copy of the serial number on the back of my phone before they can provide said information. I advised them that this is absurd because they should have this data available since they would need to know that to know when to cut the phone off.
In the past year I have paid several times two to three days early. I have long suspected that they have reset the service start date based on when you pay. But I am unable to verify this since I cannot see the incoming and outgoing call data minutes. I very rarely use this phone but if this month I did go over minute amounts then I would be ok with it.
But I know in the past several months I have not utilized all the minutes. Customer service is not what customer service should be about and you can hardly understand them half the time.
I will be furthering this complaint as high as I can.With this economy being as it is some honesty should be paramount in this type of service.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Phone Services
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "I ordered wedding flowers from this florist. The bouquet I received looked nothing like what I ordered. I was quoted arrangements that had half a dozen flowers in them. The..."
- "Last night I went grocery shopping and I bought a good amount of produce. I got home to cut some of it up or, like my broccoli, to eat it..."
- "Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago. After 2 yrs the leather started peeling. Now the entire sectional is peeling. Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed...."
- "I have been a loyal member for over a year and ready to leave. It used to be a great site when I started, but nothing is stopping the..."
- "I bought these shoes at a outlet and by the time I realized it I can't return them. I think the staff put two different shoes; same color and size..."
- "We had service from Scott's lawn for about four years since 2013. Our lawn condition has not been improved, instead, it s getting worse. Weeds are everywhere in backyard..."