Straight Talk Wireless - Data Limit?
Let me start by saying...if I advertise my apples being red, and you come and buy what you think is a red apple in a box, and you get it home, *** into it, and it's actually green, wouldn't I be sent to court for false advertising?
So, I have had Straight Talk for 3 years or so, ALWAYS bought the "Unlimited" service plan for $45.00, and never had any problems.
On Christmas my husband bought me the Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone, and I switched my number from my old phone to my new AWESOME smart phone.
The first month on my new phone was amazing. Downloaded music, games, synced with my PicsArt and Gmail, everything was hunky dorry. Only problem I kept having was when I would try to make an outgoing call. There was a 30-45 second lag before the phone would actually start to ring. Everytime I called Customer Service, they would tell me I needed to use the "Factory Data Reset" option to fix the problem. I did this three times. Never fixed it, but I figured it wasn't that much of a deal. I just call and put it on speaker until I hear it begin to ring.
Just the other day, I get a random phone call from (800)989-1506, and the automated message was so garbled and crazy sounding I could barely hear what the *** was trying to tell me. Supposedly, it was a warning call from Straight Talk telling me that my data usage was "excessive" and that if I continued to "abuse" my UNLIMITED service, my phone could be shut off completely. How do you ABUSE UNLIMTED SERVICE?!?!?!?
So, I tried to contact Customer Service. For the past day or so their customer service lines have been so busy that it wouldn't even connect me, it would just tell me to try my call at a later time.
Well, I went online, and read countless posts on forums and websites about the phone number that contacted me to tell me I was abusing my unlimited service. I read that it was a fraud. So, I felt relieved (my cell phone is my ONLY phone) that my service would not be turned off.
But something kept nagging at me, so I decided to email customer service since I couldn't get through via telephone. I wanted to be that good customer and let them know that this fraudulent number contacted me with that information.
This is not what I was expecting:
Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.
Please be informed that the call that you have received was from
Straight Talk Wireless. The call is to inform you that your phone's data usage is excessive and is already affecting the network service levels.
Please be advised that you may have an unlimited data on your phone
however, if your phone's data usage is excessive and is already
affecting the network service levels, we may suspend your phone's data
service or your phone's service altogether.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
Thank you for being a Straight Talk Wireless customer. We appreciate
Straight Talk Wireless
For *** real?!?!?! So, I wanted to find out how much data usage I have used this month, and how they track this usage.
I emailed them back.
Haven't heard anything.
I tried calling their Customer Service center.
Can't get through.
After reading multiple posts about this craziness, I've come to a few contradictions...
Straight Talk says you violate their terms if you go on Youtube. But my phone comes with a YouTube App! BY DEFAULT! IT'S A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE!
You cannot use the mobile web for streaming music or video. However, through GOOGLE PLAY which comes DEFAULT ON MY STRAIGHT TALK PHONE, you can download PANDORA, IHEARTRADIO, and various other "streaming" applications.
Seriously, what the ***?
Last time I checked, if it is advertised as UNLIMITED, it should be UNLIMITED. And I find it very wussy for them to make an automated message threatening to turn off your service, AFTER it's been paid for.
I'm seriously PISSED. NO ONE is getting back to me.107b0e3f review #380648
You may also like
- "I contacted Dave Adamson at SEO Juice after having seen one of his promo ads in the Warrior Forum. I was looking to increase traffic to my website which..."
- "Brilliant download is a scam. When I was searching for a certain ebook, their website claimed to have it. After paying $3.00 I was redirected to their home page and..."
- "I have a woman in Brazil. She gave me her number. I called and asked straight talk how to call her. The employee said to throw away my new $50..."
- "Ordered two meals both with medium curly fries and what we got was two fries literally soaked in oil! Husband was pissed let the employees know only for them to..."
- "2015 fr3 25ds this goes on and on in most all storage bays. Dealer says salt first caused this then states manufacturing sprayed something on them and has to..."
- "Oh my lord!!! Where do I begin? First I sign up for the site over 3 years ago and made money!! NEVER have they flagged me or banned me or..."
- "I purchased a king size mattress, bed and nightstand from Haynes totaling 2300 dollars paid in full. Get items home un box nightstand the leg is broken. Inspect..."
- "don't be fooled by reviews on their own site, they only post good ones. Actual, honest, bad reviews are deleted, that's why there's none. I paid $ 370 for two..."
- "Much like the other reviews here, they put me through the ringer. Forms, tax returns, bank statements, W-2's, etc. One step at a time. So first fill out forms. 3..."