Straight Talk Wireless - Data Limit?
Let me start by saying...if I advertise my apples being red, and you come and buy what you think is a red apple in a box, and you get it home, *** into it, and it's actually green, wouldn't I be sent to court for false advertising?
So, I have had Straight Talk for 3 years or so, ALWAYS bought the "Unlimited" service plan for $45.00, and never had any problems.
On Christmas my husband bought me the Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone, and I switched my number from my old phone to my new AWESOME smart phone.
The first month on my new phone was amazing. Downloaded music, games, synced with my PicsArt and Gmail, everything was hunky dorry. Only problem I kept having was when I would try to make an outgoing call. There was a 30-45 second lag before the phone would actually start to ring. Everytime I called Customer Service, they would tell me I needed to use the "Factory Data Reset" option to fix the problem. I did this three times. Never fixed it, but I figured it wasn't that much of a deal. I just call and put it on speaker until I hear it begin to ring.
Just the other day, I get a random phone call from (800)989-1506, and the automated message was so garbled and crazy sounding I could barely hear what the *** was trying to tell me. Supposedly, it was a warning call from Straight Talk telling me that my data usage was "excessive" and that if I continued to "abuse" my UNLIMITED service, my phone could be shut off completely. How do you ABUSE UNLIMTED SERVICE?!?!?!?
So, I tried to contact Customer Service. For the past day or so their customer service lines have been so busy that it wouldn't even connect me, it would just tell me to try my call at a later time.
Well, I went online, and read countless posts on forums and websites about the phone number that contacted me to tell me I was abusing my unlimited service. I read that it was a fraud. So, I felt relieved (my cell phone is my ONLY phone) that my service would not be turned off.
But something kept nagging at me, so I decided to email customer service since I couldn't get through via telephone. I wanted to be that good customer and let them know that this fraudulent number contacted me with that information.
This is not what I was expecting:
Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.
Please be informed that the call that you have received was from
Straight Talk Wireless. The call is to inform you that your phone's data usage is excessive and is already affecting the network service levels.
Please be advised that you may have an unlimited data on your phone
however, if your phone's data usage is excessive and is already
affecting the network service levels, we may suspend your phone's data
service or your phone's service altogether.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
Thank you for being a Straight Talk Wireless customer. We appreciate
Straight Talk Wireless
For *** real?!?!?! So, I wanted to find out how much data usage I have used this month, and how they track this usage.
I emailed them back.
Haven't heard anything.
I tried calling their Customer Service center.
Can't get through.
After reading multiple posts about this craziness, I've come to a few contradictions...
Straight Talk says you violate their terms if you go on Youtube. But my phone comes with a YouTube App! BY DEFAULT! IT'S A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE!
You cannot use the mobile web for streaming music or video. However, through GOOGLE PLAY which comes DEFAULT ON MY STRAIGHT TALK PHONE, you can download PANDORA, IHEARTRADIO, and various other "streaming" applications.
Seriously, what the ***?
Last time I checked, if it is advertised as UNLIMITED, it should be UNLIMITED. And I find it very wussy for them to make an automated message threatening to turn off your service, AFTER it's been paid for.
I'm seriously PISSED. NO ONE is getting back to me.review #380648
You may also like
- "Customers Beware!!: Don't Buy from Frontier Communications: Speaking only as a customer of Frontier Communicationâ€™s High Speed Internet and Phone Services, I have done all I could to work out with..."
- "Thumbtack has been sending some very odd requests to me lately, and after I ingnore these requests, thumtack begs me to sumbit a quote for them with a follow up..."
- "I received a letter from my pool service company offering me a monetary incentive (letter posted) to post a positive review on Angie's List. I did not accept and..."
- "I bought this couch for $1200 in March of 2014 and by August of 2014 I've already sent ALL the cushions back for the seams to be repaired once, and..."
- "My mother misplaced her heart arithmya medicine so I called in to Walmart to get some replacement pills ready..they said that it would be ready at 1PM..I show up at..."
- "Contacted winzip about computer crash and that I had purchased a new computer said ok to re-install WinZip Malware Protector. Purchased this 1/9/2015 can not re-install, it keeps saying you have..."
- "Our couches "real" leather started to flake. When we called to get it fixed Rooms to Go informed us that our warranty had expired about 2 weeks prior and they..."
- "I hired Dannie to ship my horse from SC to ME and he told me my horse would be picked up in SC on Monday and delivered on Tuesday. My..."
- " Inline Tile and Stone, license #789209, (aka Inline Kitchen and Bath), both owned by Duane Borad, charged me over $80,000 for shoddy work, incomplete work, and then..."