Straight Talk Wireless - Don't use auto pay with Straight talk phone, they ***...

Nov 19, 2012
review #360487

Been with Straight talk from August 2012 on, phone works great, no complaints with the phone itself but the so called customer service is ***.When our first month of pre paid service ( which we paid instore with the card for $45+ tax ) was a week from expiring, I was contacted by Straigfht talk to link my credit card for auto refill on the same day each month.

For doing this Straight talk offered me a $2.50 discount each month. No discount after three months now, and with auto pay you get charged 911 fee's, fed fee's, and tax on those and other fee's, so they can eat *** as I'm taking the auto pay off.

Now I just buy a straight talk card at the store each month for $45 + sales tax only.Be forwarned with straight talk as to non customer service, *** f'n ***

affaa1b
Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
jasvinder

Jun 19

why international calls are busy

MariaST

Jun 24

Hi, this is Maria and I work for Straight Talk. I can help you get this resolved right away. Please email us your contact information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Include your name, contact number, cell phone or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW .

barbieb

Apr 10 West Monroe, Louisiana

I had the same problem and they actually caused me some overdraft fees and guess what??? they refused to refund me this and did it two more months . Each time I called and told them to cancel auto refill (even though I cancelled it on the website and had them cancel it) they told me I was not on auto refill...no payment for the 125.0. they cost me.

insanity

Sep 03, 2013 Pensacola, Florida

When I bought my first cell phone from Straight Talk, a neighbor and I each noticed that a day, sometimes two, would be stolen from our refills every month. Yes, I am aware that some months have thirty days and others have thirty-one. Straight Talk has provided excellent service, except for this one area. the convenience of having automatic deductions lulled me into thinking days would not be stolen from my cell phone on the auto-pay plan. If allowed to continue, in a few months they would be taking two deductions from my bank account.

When I refilled the plan prior to auto-pay, I walked a fine line between service interruption or refilling early and having a day stolen. It will not happen again. Today, the convenient auto-pay method will be changed back to the inconvenience of walking that fine line. That is as soon as I can find out how to do that. Their system is definitely designed to prevent anyone from discontinuing the auto-pay option. It takes diligence to change the payment method back.

Several of my cable channels have been advertising two other cell phone providers that are comparable to Straight Talk. For all I know, they might be part of the same company. Nevertheless, I am seriously considering switching to one of those companies because of this one point that is driving me nuts.

Please, if you can help me switch from auto-pay, I would appreciate it. While not as much a techie as I once was, I do know my way around a
... Show more

EL Diablo

Sep 03, 2013 Salt Lake City, Utah

Contact their "customer service", speak to a live person and they will discontinue the auto pay option. Just a pain as to time wasted talking to them but yes they will stop that option.

zouch

Dec 11, 2013

iv called the last 3 months and they say they have no record of me canceling but theyl cancel it this time. and they cant refund my money..iv been charged each month and its the same ***. i was fine letting them steal from me the first time i cancelled auto refill...but to keep charging me for 2 months after? f**k no i want all my money back now

Jul 02, 2013

its not just auto refill. it isn't straight talks fault. it is government mandated. because if you buy a card at walmart if you even pay attn to your receipt it has those fees listed. but personally i want 911 fees so i can be helped when i need it. you guys are all idiots

0 2 Reply
EL Diablo

Sep 03, 2013 Salt Lake City, Utah

Get a clue, 911 is active on your phone even if you don't have a plan at all, I have many old inactive phones that I can charge up, dial 911 and yes they do answer, they have to by law.....and yes when I buy my refill card at Walmart I only pay sales tax, no fee's at all on the receipt.....

citizenmike

Mar 12

On March 10 here in Minnesota, I refilled with Straight Talk and got charged 0.84 for e911. What gives????? Seems to me I am paying now 0.84 every month for something that is already free!!!

just another buyer

May 13, 2013 Naples, Florida

there is no service at straight talk service, and they can not speak English. This is an example of how low customer service can go, buy another plan this is B S

nycking

Apr 23, 2013 New York City, New York

Same problem... ive called for two months about this and they promise a refund that never arrives. Horrible customer service reps. Im still keeping my service, been with them since Jan 2011 on my iPhone but its the principal of being promised something that they dont deliver. Sucks

AndyG

Feb 06, 2013 Los Angeles, California

TMobile doesn't charge any Sales Tax nor any Governmental Fees on their Prepaid Plans so I wonder why Straight Talk does?

Doug

Nov 20, 2012

The fees are mandated by our benevolent government. Not much they can do about it, although they definitely should have warned you.

A good rule of thumb is this: NEVER do auto-pay with any company, ever. As soon as you do, you have no control over your money.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×