Straight Talk Wireless - Don't use auto pay with Straight talk phone, they ***...

Been with Straight talk from August 2012 on, phone works great, no complaints with the phone itself but the so called customer service is ***.When our first month of pre paid service ( which we paid instore with the card for $45+ tax ) was a week from expiring, I was contacted by Straigfht talk to link my credit card for auto refill on the same day each month.

For doing this Straight talk offered me a $2.50 discount each month. No discount after three months now, and with auto pay you get charged 911 fee's, fed fee's, and tax on those and other fee's, so they can eat *** as I'm taking the auto pay off.

Now I just buy a straight talk card at the store each month for $45 + sales tax only.Be forwarned with straight talk as to non customer service, *** f'n ***

More Review Details

Helpful? 48 Yes 48 55 No 55
Had the same issue 46 Yes 46
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 07 #1059987

They actually charged me a fee to re-activate my service after they cut it off due to a "billing error. So I de-activated direct debit. They will not get another extra penny from me..

Nov 20 #1066977

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to

Oct 21 #1051819 Newark, Ohio

I just want to change credit cards number and can't get a human person to do this.

Oct 23 #1052836

I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at and we will resolve your problem right away.

Oct 07 #1044314

How did you manage to cancel the auto refill? I just want to change from one credit card to another and I can't get a human and none of the props offer what I am looking for. I even tried emailing them just to get a response of call the customer service number that was of no help to begin with. I figure IF I could cancel, then I can restart with the new number.

Oct 17 #1049748

Nov 07 #1059995

This happened to me recently. It's nearly impossible to speak to anyone who is human and who speaks English. I have just kept pushing the O button. This is a ridiculous set up and takes forever. Good luck..

perceptive of cons

Jul 22 #1010738 Louisville, Kentucky

had a bad feeling when I cancelled with a girl in the phillipines. oops I lost my credit card! It took all of 5 minutes.

Jun 04 #991551

U pay 911 fees and all the same taxes when u buy the refill card.

Mar 21 #961611

Love how Maria from SrraightTalk was able to so promptly address the issue about international calls. Clearly that's the issue affecting us all.

Feb 21 #949149 Tampa, Florida

Anymore straight talk service sucks period there's a day just about every month my phone is dead & I can't even use it & it's not because I don't pay it either something goes wrong with their service & you call them to tell them tgey say they don't know anything about it so you loose a whole day of service. Also one minute you have good service & the next you don't & that's not even moving so it's almost not worth the $50 anymore very disappointed with straight talk right now & I have been with them 4-5 years...

Nov 07, 2014 #896786 Topeka, Kansas

I also like the service from straight talk. Unfortunately I HATE the customer service!!!! and the Auto refill!!!
spent about 45min on the phone trying to get my 15.00 back from when they took it out on auto refill but never credited to my hot spot. They can't/won't prove I used it but they refused to believe I didn't have internet for 2 weeks. And refused to let me talk with someone from the USA
they will never have access to my credit card numbers again

Jun 19, 2014 #829156

why international calls are busy

0 1 Reply

Jun 24, 2014 #831361

Hi, this is Maria and I work for Straight Talk. I can help you get this resolved right away. Please email us your contact information to Include your name, contact number, cell phone or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ .

0 4 Reply

Apr 10, 2014 #803713 West Monroe, Louisiana

I had the same problem and they actually caused me some overdraft fees and guess what??? they refused to refund me this and did it two more months . Each time I called and told them to cancel auto refill (even though I cancelled it on the website and had them cancel it) they told me I was not on auto payment for the 125.0. they cost me.

Mar 18 #960308

when you sign up for auto pay refills they either tell you verbally or give you a total on your computer screen that includes the fees. My total is like & 49.86. This includes 911, taxes, etc. And the $2.50 credit for auto pay. I don't think you are able to opt out of 911 fees because a law.

Sep 03, 2013 #711046 Pensacola, Florida

When I bought my first cell phone from Straight Talk, a neighbor and I each noticed that a day, sometimes two, would be stolen from our refills every month. Yes, I am aware that some months have thirty days and others have thirty-one. Straight Talk has provided excellent service, except for this one area. the convenience of having automatic deductions lulled me into thinking days would not be stolen from my cell phone on the auto-pay plan. If allowed to continue, in a few months they would be taking two deductions from my bank account.

When I refilled the plan prior to auto-pay, I walked a fine line between service interruption or refilling early and having a day stolen. It will not happen again. Today, the convenient auto-pay method will be changed back to the inconvenience of walking that fine line. That is as soon as I can find out how to do that. Their system is definitely designed to prevent anyone from discontinuing the auto-pay option. It takes diligence to change the payment method back.

Several of my cable channels have been advertising two other cell phone providers that are comparable to Straight Talk. For all I know, they might be part of the same company. Nevertheless, I am seriously considering switching to one of those companies because of this one point that is driving me nuts.

Please, if you can help me switch from auto-pay, I would appreciate it. While not as much a techie as I once was, I do know my way around a
... Show more

0 1 Reply
EL Diablo

Sep 03, 2013 #711099 Salt Lake City, Utah

Contact their "customer service", speak to a live person and they will discontinue the auto pay option. Just a pain as to time wasted talking to them but yes they will stop that option.

Dec 11, 2013 #756728

iv called the last 3 months and they say they have no record of me canceling but theyl cancel it this time. and they cant refund my money..iv been charged each month and its the same ***. i was fine letting them steal from me the first time i cancelled auto refill...but to keep charging me for 2 months after? f**k no i want all my money back now

Mar 18 #960299 Mountain View, California

It doesn't matter if you use auto pay or not you won't lose days and haven't in the past. You could go buy 6 cards, load them all and you phone would have service for 6 thirty day increments, or 180 days. they don't go by the days in a month. its thirty days every time either way.

1-20 of 30 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.