Straight Talk Wireless - Don't use auto pay with Straight talk phone, they ***...

Been with Straight talk from August 2012 on, phone works great, no complaints with the phone itself but the so called customer service is ***.When our first month of pre paid service ( which we paid instore with the card for $45+ tax ) was a week from expiring, I was contacted by Straigfht talk to link my credit card for auto refill on the same day each month.

For doing this Straight talk offered me a $2.50 discount each month. No discount after three months now, and with auto pay you get charged 911 fee's, fed fee's, and tax on those and other fee's, so they can eat *** as I'm taking the auto pay off.

Now I just buy a straight talk card at the store each month for $45 + sales tax only.Be forwarned with straight talk as to non customer service, *** f'n ***

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 48 Yes 48 56 No 56
Had the same issue 46 Yes 46
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 06 #1169438

I'm guessing this issue has been fixed. I've been on autopay for months and i get the discount with no other charges. Sometimes companies make mistakes.

Mar 02 #1121100

i put auto refill on but now my phone doesnt even work *** you straight talk

AlexTrac

Mar 05 #1122439

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Mar 05 #1122440

Feb 18 #1113990

How do I cancel auto-refill service! I have changed phones and would like to cancel before an auto refill kicks in on 2/28

Feb 19 #1114355

Feb 15 #1112096

I don't know what is going on with this company but for the past 3 months my auto-pay has not gone through. Each month I have lost service. I have called each time and each time am assured that this will not happen again. Today I spoke with someone who was difficult to understand. I have decided that I will no longer do auto pay if this happens again. Each time it happens I am charged a different price due to whatever the promotion is at the time I call.

Feb 15 #1112224

Mar 22 #1132360

This has happened to me on three separate occasions. I can literally see the charge go through on my bank statement online that day (with no problems processing the charge), but the phone acts as though it did not renew and won't work for about 24 hours. The last time this happened, I was having car trouble and stuck out in the country in below zero weather and couldn't contact anyone to get help! Absolutely unacceptable--that is the exact definition of an emergency situation people carry cell phones for!
Another time I was able to send a message to straighttalk on facebook asking for assistance, and they gave me a freaking number to call. HELLO, did you completely miss the entire description of the problem? Specifically, the "my phone isn't working" part?

antbb1030

Nov 07, 2015 #1059987

They actually charged me a fee to re-activate my service after they cut it off due to a "billing error. So I de-activated direct debit. They will not get another extra penny from me..

Nov 20, 2015 #1066977

0 3 Reply
Barbara

Oct 21, 2015 #1051819 Newark, Ohio

I just want to change credit cards number and can't get a human person to do this.

Oct 23, 2015 #1052836

I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.

Oct 07, 2015 #1044314

How did you manage to cancel the auto refill? I just want to change from one credit card to another and I can't get a human and none of the props offer what I am looking for. I even tried emailing them just to get a response of call the customer service number that was of no help to begin with. I figure IF I could cancel, then I can restart with the new number.

2 0 Reply

Oct 17, 2015 #1049748

antbb1030

Nov 07, 2015 #1059995

This happened to me recently. It's nearly impossible to speak to anyone who is human and who speaks English. I have just kept pushing the O button. This is a ridiculous set up and takes forever. Good luck..

perceptive of cons

Jul 22, 2015 #1010738 Louisville, Kentucky

had a bad feeling when I cancelled with a girl in the phillipines. oops I lost my credit card! It took all of 5 minutes.

Jun 04, 2015 #991551

U pay 911 fees and all the same taxes when u buy the refill card.

2 0 Reply
GayTalk

Mar 21, 2015 #961611

Love how Maria from SrraightTalk was able to so promptly address the issue about international calls. Clearly that's the issue affecting us all.

Feb 21, 2015 #949149 Tampa, Florida

Anymore straight talk service sucks period there's a day just about every month my phone is dead & I can't even use it & it's not because I don't pay it either something goes wrong with their service & you call them to tell them tgey say they don't know anything about it so you loose a whole day of service. Also one minute you have good service & the next you don't & that's not even moving so it's almost not worth the $50 anymore very disappointed with straight talk right now & I have been with them 4-5 years...

1-20 of 39 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Straight Talk Wireless. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×