Straight Talk Wireless - NO CELL PHONE SERVICE

Mar 24, 2011
review #228525

I received my Straight Talk phone on yesterday.I charged my phone for the recommended 5 hours before use.

I followed all the instructions in my packet in an attempt to activate my phone this morning at 6:30am. Still unable to make calls about 8:15am, I called customer service. The rep informed me that since I already activated the phone and my SIM card is unregistered; I'll need to wait 24 hours before I can use my phone! Where was this on their website or in the package with all the other instructions?

FURIOUS!!! I went to straighttalk.com to get the complaint number and decided to post on their FB page, to my surprise others have had the same problem!!!

One girl was told that since she had a refurbished phone she may not be able to use her phone for 7 days!!!This is unacceptable!!!!!

aae88e0
Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Brody's Mom

Jul 10, 2012

I have a Straight Talk Phone, and I have to GO OUTSIDE to make a call or send a text message. 90% of the time neither will work inside my house. I called their customer service once; and the guy had me punch some codes into my phone. It still does the same things. Anyone else have this problem?

lilian

Jun 30, 2012

I've had straight talk for about 3 years now and I have had some problems (4 numbers in the past 3 years...pretty annoying :upset ) & just today at 12:00 AM, i was on the phone with my friend & charging my phone at the same time then my phone said CALL LOST. I lost my service :cry i took phone off charger then took out battery for about 20 min. then put it back in. Now, i have cell phone reception again. weird night & all of this happened from 12:00 AM - 12: 30 AM, today. :? straight talk is being a little weird.....

tina

Jun 13, 2012

my first ST phone was a cheep one 39.99 worked great I decided to upgrade a went an spent 145.00 for a new on an can not make are receive calls all calls dropped an only get voice messages it does not ring when someone calls :(

Raelene

Feb 11, 2012

I just reactivated my phone yesterday within a day of losing my service, but my phone still says "No Service." I can't text, call, and I don't want to call customer service because they don't do *** except for saying "Thank you."

Sean Thomas

Nov 25, 2011

Same thing here, it was great for 2 years, now today NO service. I pay $45 a month. To me that means my $200 phone will work. Hours and hours with customer service, or just the "minimal service" No contract....no luck, nobody should be placed on the back burner. If you pay then give us our service.

STguy

Nov 18, 2011

Let's face it, we only have ourselves to blame for being cheap. We thought we were smarter than everybody else for going with ST and their supposedly cheaper plans compared to Verizon, AT&T, and all the major carriers. Guess what? We are all ***. Cheap and *** - thinking that we were actually signing up with a real telecom company. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

1 0 Reply
Outta Luck

Jun 18 Corvallis, Oregon

I agree. We get what we paid for. I had to go through many sim cards just to have my other carrier number ported and at the end it worked, but guess what 30mins later NO Service. And yes, it's my fault for going cheap, but well I can't ***** or complaint. I'm gonna call and give them a hard time, since they did the same thing by replacing my card too many times... And had me on the phone for too many hours....

No Straight Talk Service for L

Apr 21, 2011

I have had Straight Talk service for about a year. A little over 3 days ago, I would get "Network Unavailable" every time I tried to call out. I have been in contact with customer service from the beginning and it has gotten me nowhere.

Tonight, the person at tech support said their service where I live is highly congested.

Great! This is my only phone and zero service over the last 3 days. The month before that, my calls kept getting dropped more and more. I ended up having to buy a new phone because that $69.99 Straight Talk phone used AT & T service instead of Verizon. The just send me a second phone like I already had.

I cannot believe how much money I have paid Straight Talk when I had no service and they had my phone. I paid for several months in advance. That was a bad decision on my part. :cry

No Straight Talk Service for L

Apr 21, 2011

Carrie Duke

Apr 10, 2011

I've had the unlimited plan for about 7 mos. now. Never had a problem until now, no service for 3 days. No explanation, no refunds, no anything!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×