Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk Activation Problem
I purchased a new phone and ported my number for Tracfrone to Straight Talk. After 12 hours my old phone had already quit working and the Straight talk phone was not working.
I called customer service and spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with them on Monday. Most of that time I was on hold. They told me that my number was ported successfully and that my phone is active and I should be able to make and receive calls. My phone is not active. It still says activation required on my phone. I have multiple text messages and multiple voice mails. I cannot check them to see who they are from. When I try to do so it says activation is required.
The only thing I can do on the phone is add contacts. Anything else I try to do I get the activation required message. Straight talk customer service told me to wait 24 hours for activation.
Tuesday I contacted them through their Facebook page on their discussion board. After about 3 hours of corresponding with them on face book, they asked me for a landline number and called me. I was on the phone with them about 1 1/2 hours when they called me. Once again I spent most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and that their records showed that my phone was activated and programmed properly.
However, my phone still shows activation required. They supposedly created a trouble ticket and told me to wait ANOTHER 24 hours to see if it works and if it doesn't to call them back.
On Wednesday they called my landline. I was on the phone with them about an hour spending most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and told me to give them another 24 to 48 hours for activation. My phone is still not active. It still says activation required.
On Wednesday evening I called the Executive Resolution Department and was on the phone about an hour and they still did not fix the issue. I also spent most of this time on hold. They said that they were going to refer it to a supervisor and told me to wait another 24 to 48 hours.
I feel like I am getting the run around from their customer service department and no results. Their customer service doesn't speak English very well and are very hard to understand. You have to repeat things multiple times and also get them to repeat themselves multiple times. Most of the time you spend on the phone with them you are on hold no matter what time of the day or evening you call.
I paid $40 to get the phone and the airtime card was $45. I still am unable to use my new phone. At 2 a.m it will be 96 hours that I have been trying to get my phone activated with the response every time I call to wait 24 to 48 hours. I feel like they are not taking any steps to remedy the situation at all.d54e017 review #205595
You may also like
- "CellItUsed.com stole my phone! Either that or $123 of my moneyâ€¦ Let me explain... I have used other "sell your cell phone" type services in the past. Whenever I used one,..."
- "Was looking to upgrade my old phone and cell provider was having a sale.So I thought I would give LG a try. Nice looking phone. Specs seemed ok for what..."
- "On Monday September 9, 2013, I received a “Past Due” bill ($557.93) for a Cincinnati Bell account I closed in June of 2013. The “Past Due” statement said that..."
- "Dr. Paul O’Reilly ,of Burlington Dental Clinic ,was found guilty of professional misconduct at an investigation into his fitness to practise dentistry ,held on 12 December, 2014 ,in..."
- "Image isn't great quality because they remove all original images from their website so you cannot compare when your actual item ordered arrives. I found one in google to..."
- "My F-150, just having completed a left turn, was proceeding along the left lane of 3 lanes when it was struck by a car coming out from the right. ..."
- "In August 2010, another construction defect lawsuit against Lennar Homes and Greystone Homes was filed. It involves multiple homes in a newer Henderson, NV community known as Fiesta Park. The..."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!! Proof Below. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only. For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 &..."