Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk Activation Problem
I purchased a new phone and ported my number for Tracfrone to Straight Talk. After 12 hours my old phone had already quit working and the Straight talk phone was not working.
I called customer service and spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with them on Monday. Most of that time I was on hold. They told me that my number was ported successfully and that my phone is active and I should be able to make and receive calls. My phone is not active. It still says activation required on my phone. I have multiple text messages and multiple voice mails. I cannot check them to see who they are from. When I try to do so it says activation is required.
The only thing I can do on the phone is add contacts. Anything else I try to do I get the activation required message. Straight talk customer service told me to wait 24 hours for activation.
Tuesday I contacted them through their Facebook page on their discussion board. After about 3 hours of corresponding with them on face book, they asked me for a landline number and called me. I was on the phone with them about 1 1/2 hours when they called me. Once again I spent most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and that their records showed that my phone was activated and programmed properly.
However, my phone still shows activation required. They supposedly created a trouble ticket and told me to wait ANOTHER 24 hours to see if it works and if it doesn't to call them back.
On Wednesday they called my landline. I was on the phone with them about an hour spending most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and told me to give them another 24 to 48 hours for activation. My phone is still not active. It still says activation required.
On Wednesday evening I called the Executive Resolution Department and was on the phone about an hour and they still did not fix the issue. I also spent most of this time on hold. They said that they were going to refer it to a supervisor and told me to wait another 24 to 48 hours.
I feel like I am getting the run around from their customer service department and no results. Their customer service doesn't speak English very well and are very hard to understand. You have to repeat things multiple times and also get them to repeat themselves multiple times. Most of the time you spend on the phone with them you are on hold no matter what time of the day or evening you call.
I paid $40 to get the phone and the airtime card was $45. I still am unable to use my new phone. At 2 a.m it will be 96 hours that I have been trying to get my phone activated with the response every time I call to wait 24 to 48 hours. I feel like they are not taking any steps to remedy the situation at all.1173287a review #205595
You may also like
- "Today (6/16/13), I purchased an iphone 4 and 1 year unlimited card from walmart totalling around 1000$. After purchase, I followed the automated system for activation which would not accept..."
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "Afer my experience, I beleive that purchasing a phone from Cell2get.com is a gamble. It took me 78 days to receive the correct model and new phone I purchased. I..."
- "When seeing a $149.50 bill on my credit card for supposed sample kit for $5.95. I notified my bank about the charge then went to the site to question the..."
- "Very bad quality of sofa, and expensive. We bought the Simmons Upholstery reclining sofa, color dark brown, made bonded leather. Less 1,5 year after purchase the bonded leather cracked, the..."
- "I toolk an original oil painting worth $100 to hobby lobby to be framed. I told the framer it was an oil painting and could not be touched on..."
- "SFR Shops LLC or leatherfurniturecenter.com sold damaged goods, did not uphold delivery date, blamed the shipping company, would not return inquiries in a timely manner, lied and stated we would..."
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "After you guys read this, almost all of you guys will be like "oh nooo, that is not true, he is lying" and I am OK with that. Say whatever..."