Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk Activation Problem
I purchased a new phone and ported my number for Tracfrone to Straight Talk. After 12 hours my old phone had already quit working and the Straight talk phone was not working.
I called customer service and spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with them on Monday. Most of that time I was on hold. They told me that my number was ported successfully and that my phone is active and I should be able to make and receive calls. My phone is not active. It still says activation required on my phone. I have multiple text messages and multiple voice mails. I cannot check them to see who they are from. When I try to do so it says activation is required.
The only thing I can do on the phone is add contacts. Anything else I try to do I get the activation required message. Straight talk customer service told me to wait 24 hours for activation.
Tuesday I contacted them through their Facebook page on their discussion board. After about 3 hours of corresponding with them on face book, they asked me for a landline number and called me. I was on the phone with them about 1 1/2 hours when they called me. Once again I spent most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and that their records showed that my phone was activated and programmed properly.
However, my phone still shows activation required. They supposedly created a trouble ticket and told me to wait ANOTHER 24 hours to see if it works and if it doesn't to call them back.
On Wednesday they called my landline. I was on the phone with them about an hour spending most of the time on hold. They told me that my phone should be active and told me to give them another 24 to 48 hours for activation. My phone is still not active. It still says activation required.
On Wednesday evening I called the Executive Resolution Department and was on the phone about an hour and they still did not fix the issue. I also spent most of this time on hold. They said that they were going to refer it to a supervisor and told me to wait another 24 to 48 hours.
I feel like I am getting the run around from their customer service department and no results. Their customer service doesn't speak English very well and are very hard to understand. You have to repeat things multiple times and also get them to repeat themselves multiple times. Most of the time you spend on the phone with them you are on hold no matter what time of the day or evening you call.
I paid $40 to get the phone and the airtime card was $45. I still am unable to use my new phone. At 2 a.m it will be 96 hours that I have been trying to get my phone activated with the response every time I call to wait 24 to 48 hours. I feel like they are not taking any steps to remedy the situation at all.12d00241 review #205595
You may also like
- "I just finished complaining to the FCC and BBB and now I am voicing my problems here. I live in las vegas and have poor service, poor internet speed. poor..."
- "All I wanted was to buy my mother a cheap phone. Well It started out that way. I got her the phone and put it on the "free" (actually $5.99..."
- "I purchase a lifetime license of this software. It was very surprising to find a offer like this, I checked the webpage and the features that the company and it..."
- "West Elm is positively pathetic. We had a 20 year family reunion coming up and needed a new sectional for the big occasion. We made the purchase decision based on..."
- "BEWARE OF ESURANCE!!! THEY ARE THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.On April 13, 2012 I had a not at fault accident where my truck incurred about $2,500.00..."
- "If you are one of the many people waiting and wondering if you'll ever get paid by One Stop Maintenance in NY, you can file your complaint with the NY..."
- "I put my car in Lucas Chrysler for repair on 4/8/15. They had to order the parts. (2 Down Stream O2 Sensors). The part was not due in until 4/13/15...."
- "Ugg sold me a defective product and is hassling me about replacing it. They have even stated they may not guarantee a replacement. They sold me a defect..."
- "I went to pizza hut placed my order an found out the person making my pizza had no shoes on it turn me off eating my pizza I took photos..."