Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk deactivated my phone and didn't turn it back on

Feb 03, 2011
review #219681

I bought the LG290CM at Wal-mart, took it home called and had it activated.Media messaging didn't work and text took way to long to get me.

My son stood in the rain for an hour because of it. I pre-paid a month when I bought the phone. The turned it off on the third day and I called to get them to reset or reactivate it. Another three days later it went off again.

They told me my phone had not been purchased!!!! They told me to mail them the original receipt. I did. They in return said they didn't get it.

Since I mailed them the original they would not take the copy I made before I mailed it. They would not accept the bank statement either...I got stuck with the most expensive phone and lost a whole month of service almost.They phone service sucks, their reps are not very English orientated or intelligent and they even tried to bill me the next month after my phone had been off all month. I eventually gave up and took it as a loss.

You would think a multi-billion dollar corporation like Wal-mart would have done thier research on these guys.Straight Talk is a good name for them because they are going straight down the drain.

63707d1
4.2
Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Dec 13, 2013

The guy in walmart decided to help me activate my straight talk, but when I tried to refill my card the email the guy put down was invalid, so now I can't do squat.

jazmine

Dec 11, 2012

i paied my phone bill on the frist then yesterday they cut my phone off and will not turn it back on :cry

TARIK

Dec 03, 2012

:upset they deactivated my phone twice now. First, I got the glaxy SII with warranty. I returned it to make up for my loss I downgraded to Galaxy precedent. They deactivated it again. I have been with this company for two years:?. And now they aggreviated me. WHAT'S HAPPENING STRAIGHT TALK ARE YOU GOING BANKRUPT OR WHAT??? :roll

SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Nov 14, 2012

I have been with Straight Talk for about two months now, and I LOVE the service.. I am using their new BYOP program, with an UNLOCKED Galaxy Nexus. I am also using the AT&T SIM, since T-Mobile isn't the best carrier where I live. I have NEVER dropped a call, I LOVE that I get 4G speeds with my phone, and I have heard A LOT of talk about people getting disconnected for excessive data usage, BUT that's why I ported my number to Google Voice, and I just have people call and text me there! With an Android phone, you can integrate Google Voice VERY seamlessly, to make it seem like you are ACTUALLY using your phone's number!
Straight Talk is THE BEST carrier I have been with in a long time! And I've used a LOT of carriers.

SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Nov 14, 2012

very annoyed

Nov 01, 2012

So we added airtime to my husbands phone last night, we got the confirmation email that it had been added and all. Well, he goes to make a call and send texts a couple hours later, and now its saying the phone has been deactivated. And to make it worse customer service isnt open until 8am so now we are screwed! :(

christy coker

Oct 31, 2012

my straight talk [phone deactivated bt its self.. i no i did not run out of minutes... what is the deal with that please reactivate my phone

Pissed Customer

Oct 11, 2012

Straight Talk SUCKS! STAY AWAY! Don't say we didn't warn you. I added airtime, got confirmation and they deactivated my service anyway. It's impossible to get ahold of anybody... and if you are lucky enough, it's hard to understand their english. They don't just have bad customer service it's almost NO customer service. I'm done with Straight Talk. Total mistake, and their 411 is a joke. You have to listen to ads for several minutes, and their voice recognition system doesn't even work. Straight Talk can go straight to ***.

jrs 373

Sep 15, 2012

I just added 30 days service to my straighttalk phone with my credit card, tried to make a call a few mins later and recordings telling me my phones been deactivated!! thanks a lot for ripping me off straighttalk! their cust serv number wont even give me the option of speaking to a cust serv rep so now I gotta go hunt down a pay phone( to get my call thru to get a rep on the line. this suuuuucks!

0 0 Reply
just another pissed customer..

May 20, 2013 Ephrata, Washington

same thing has happened here.....my phone even says....30 day more ...yet to make a call.....the recoreded voice says deactivated ?

robindonise

Sep 03, 2012

I hate to hear all these complaints. I have had Straight Talk ever since they came out and I love it! I have never had any problems. If anyone out there has had a good experience with Straight Talk please post it so people will see that its not a bad service! 8) 8) 8) 8)

valaquenta

Jul 06, 2012

I do not like your company.... i had my phone bill payed two nights ago and they turned it off and wont turn it back on. :upset... i paid for the 45 dollar plan and i expect to have it.

big D

Feb 20, 2012

I got my daughter's a phone to share cause were 10 hers away from each other there 5 & 8 it worked great for a while then when they had 15 days left it had been deactivated and have no clue why now wtf do I do call the bbb to get something done

ruby

Oct 02, 2011

ugh so i paid reflled my account last night and 10 mnutes later t gets dsconected!!! and called just ths morning and they tell me that their system down rght now t call later wth i need my phone now!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Davie

Jun 24, 2011

Hey everyone this morning i woke up and my wife phone when she tried to make a call said her phone has been deactivated. So i call the fish heads and complain. Their response was that the phone card i bought was stolen i guess and that i would have to fax them all my phone cards and where i git them. so i threw the phone cards away after i put them on her phone. so the reb said i would need to send them a copy of the card and stuff?????? i dont know what to do. AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY PHONE JUST NOW FUKKKkKk :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ... Show more

Frustrated with issues - Strai

Mar 16, 2011

Email to straight talk this morning:

This morning we used numerous minutes on my husband's phone (***-***-****) attempting to resolve the issues. Once they verified I could make calls and send a text, the call ended. Approximately ten minutes later, I then attempted to connect to the internet using my phone - guess what? It would not work. I continue to get "Network Error". I phoned your company back and after explaining my issue twice again and being put on hold twice at least, I was told they would have to reset my phone. Meaning, I would lose my info, pictures, texts, etc. I cannot afford to do that. We rescue dogs and I have numerous pictures, emails, texts, etc that I cannot lose. I was then told to wait 24 hours to see if it resets itself? Really? Your customer service never ceases to amaze me. Is this really the answer to the issue? No, we both know this.

Yesterday I phoned your company due to my phone not working. After explaining my issue 3 times, explaining I had refilled my card and according to my online account, I should have service through April 14th, and being put on hold 6 times, I was told I needed a new sim card because mine was outdated! Our phones (and sim card) were just purchased (new) in the last 4-5 months. I explained to her I didn't believe it would be the sim card due to the fact the phones/sim card is less than six months old. She insisted it was the issue. I was then informed your company would
... Show more

April

Mar 01, 2011

This is one of the worst stories I've heard about them, I occasionally hear about something like this but I'm always surprised because my experience has always been good. I suppose it makes me lucky. The only thing I think is that for them to be offering such good prices they have to cut corners somewhere, in this case their call centers are offshore. I know it doesn't help but I hope this gets resolved eventually.

to dms2222

Feb 20, 2011 Regina, Saskatchewan

to dms2222 must stand for ***...lol he was in the rain because he was at a place that closed and could not get back in and he had originally told me the wrong time..but he could not call and tell me!!!! So out of all this, all you caught was a kid was in the rain and he is ***?

0 0 Reply
stay away from straight talk

Feb 19, 2011

my phone stopped working, they told me to call back when my service expired, then they switched the number on my without my consent, and didn't tell me! and the phone still doesn't work even though i just put new service on! i am not going back to them.

julie

Feb 15, 2011

they did the same thing to me. i ported my number to them and about 8 months later i woke up my phone was disconnected. i called and had it turned back on. well since this happened on the 12 and my bill was due the 18th when i tried to pay on the 18th it said my number didnt exsist in their database. when i called they said since it was disconnected and they had "no record of it being turned back on on the 12th" they lost the contract to my ported number! no explanation of y it had been turned off on the 12th! or of why the heck their records didnt show it being back on! they are very unorganized and horrible!!!

Showing 1-20 of 21 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×