Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk disconnected my service for too much data usage. PLEASE READ!

Jun 16, 2011

I did not have a good relationship with Straight Talk. I've been their client for 3 months. Here is my story.

In their ad they would tell you that everything is unlimited for only $45 dollars,,, blah, blah blah,,,, but they won't tell you that everything is actually very much limited once you join them,,, my service was disconnected permanently without a notice,,, when I started my investigation with customer service (by the way,,, hideous) they just simply apologized and told me to read that small print in my contract again.

Here are few major things you CAN NOT DO: (per contract). No YouTube. No uploading, streaming or downloading (only very very limited),,, can't watch TV. Neither can't text a lot nor freely talk. Basically cannot use your phone to its full potential. They are monitoring how long you are talking and how much you are texting,,, if it's too much they would simply permanently disconnect your service without a notice nor refund,,,

ONE thing I was permitted to do: I was able to check my emails UNLIMITED!!! Hurray! My personal wish to you reader,,, DO NOT JOIN THEM.

Regards,

Not happy and aggravated Straight Talk ex-customer.

623e24a
Review #243761
1.5
I had the same issue 0
Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Crook watcher

Nov 12, 2013 Emory, Texas

Beware of Stacy Pharmacy in Sulphur Springs, Tx on Broadway, he is a crook, rude to customers unless they are the rich ones, frowns on medicare. Will NOT fill some prescriptions if heis not going to make a big profit. Auto refill is a joke, he DOES NOT keep up with it. There are many pharmacys in S.S. Do not do business with them! They are crooks.

Karen

Aug 29, 2013 Eden, North Carolina

I've used straight talk for over 3 years now. I've gotten great reception just outside of Grand Falls, Canada as well as in parts of Alabama that barely any major providers work in. I pay $48 flat for unlimited talk and text. I rarely use the Internet on my phone, as it is super slow and unnecessary for me to use a phone for the net. I can wait until I get to a computer.

I've noticed that straight talk does give you a text notice to "Refill Now" almost two weeks before your end date. If you diligently refill, you'll automatically lose those days left on your account, which are non-refundable. In auto-refill, they refill your service the day before the end date. To avoid this, I refuse auto-refill and just wait for my service to shut off before I refill it. I can go a few hours without service while I'm sleeping.

Customer service is always very nice Indian folks, but they'll tick you off because they have absolutely no authority to do anything except answer questions that are obviously TelePrompTed for them. I try my best to avoid them and rarely have to deal with them thanks to the automated refill guy, "If you don't have a service card, you will need a credit card." OK :-)

I like straight talk. It's super cheap and consistent. It works for me because I don't use my phone as a portable laptop. I've been thinking about joining Ting (no $25 off link here) because it looks much cheaper, you pay based on what youve used, and share data
... Show more

IAM BOS

Jul 21, 2013 Altus, Oklahoma

My wife's phone data was shut off just 6 days into the new month in her 3rd month of service and when we contacted StraightTalk about the problem, we were told that Verizon, who is the carrier in our service area was limiting data to 2g per month. We had no problem the first 2 months of service but in the 3rd month her data was shut off. She regularly uses her phone to Skype with her family and friends back in Thailand and so now she has been severely cut back on being able to communicate with her family. They advertise unlimited talk, text & data but then blame the carrier when you are cut off and limited on your data usage. This really ticked me off as I discussed this with the sales rep at Walmart prior to purchasing this phone and service specifically for her to Skype with family in Thailand and this was a much cheaper option than adding a line to my business Verizon phone service but now there is 3 weeks of the month she can't even use it and that is a RIPOFF!!! Not to mention FALSE ADVERTISING!!!~

zach

Jul 01, 2013 Rochester, New Hampshire

you can stream videos and all that jazz you ***. it's just when you do it without WiFi. Simple logic actually. You are clearly going out of proportion with this issue when its your fault. you have a max of 5g a month to stream. 5g is a huge amount. i can stream music without WiFi for a full day so 24 hours and only would have gone thro 1g. Call as much as you want. The only thing that blows through your gigs is when you stream videos without WiFi. i watched one episode of Doctor Who and almost went thru a gig. i text about 100-300 times a day, and that barely uses any gigs either. so you can talk freely a lot and text. only thing you can't do is stream videos without WiFi. THATS NOT ASKING FOR MUCH!. Everyone on this page that agrees with the retard clearly is retarded. This is ***, and very funny on how retarded people can be.

meowmommie1270

Nov 12, 2013

you must work for tracfone/straight talk, and you must no have any developmentally disabled relatives or you wouldn't be using the word retard so loosely, either that your just a ***.

9 hours ago

Any carrier can be unlimited if you use WiFi. The point of having unlimited data is to not have to use WiFi. And a heads up 5g is fifth generation. 5GB is data.

damien

Apr 17, 2013

I have the same problem. I thing someone should take them to court. False advertisement. If it was the other way around I know they would have me in court. *** straight talk.

Mar 25, 2013

This just goes to show each and Everyone of you that "Everything That Glitter's Is Not Gold.I bet at this time you wish you had never left Verizon HUH.Next time you will be more CAREFUL and Learn to Read the Find Print.

All4Justice

Apr 01, 2013 Springfield, Missouri

Verizon is robbing the American middle-class of their hard-earned money! That's the reason I left them & found a cheaper way of phone & wireless services! :(

9 hours ago

Verizon has 20+ customer support centers and they are all located in the United states. Robbing someone is a matter of prospective. Not getting what you pay for is robbery, Verizon has never failed me and I will pay a little extra to make sure 100,000+ Americans have jobs. I will just have to be a responsible adult and not do things that will cause me to use a lot of data. Would I love to be able to combine $200 internet, cable and phone bill, never having to buy another movie again, and a laptop and only pay $40 a month. Sure. But I have to live in the real world were you have to pay your water bill and not just buy from the store. You have to pay electricity to keep the lights on, and if you want the luxury of unlimited you pay for it, you want movies you buy them and if you expect that 7 businesses are going to step aside and let any carrier or provider take money out of their pockets than my friend you are sadly mistaken.

Ticked off too!!

Mar 25, 2013 Bismarck, North Dakota

I just switched from Verizon to straight talk. I just got my phone about a week ago and this morning the internet just stopped working. Like others said I can get my gmail but that is it!! I didn't get no call or text or anything telling me I was using to much. My son downloaded a few games and I was on FB and downloaded some apps. I haven't used 2gb's yet but it is close to that. This is crappy!!! With us having to have these phones for work and such this is just ***. When something says unlimited it should mean unlimited!!!

All4Justice

Mar 20, 2013

Can anyone say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! It's time to take America back from these kind of fraudulent pirates who scam you out of your money & think nothing of discarding you like a worthless ***! The time is now & it is up to us! :(

Scarlettjoe

Sep 05, 2013 Mountain Home, Arkansas

:( :( :( :( I'm so ready to drop straight talK!!!!!!! I am an invalid and live alone with some day help. Yesterday morning, after 3 years of auto-pay, they cut my phone off! My personal representative at my bank told me they did not receive a bill to be pd. from straight talk. After about 5 calls, with Managers hanging up on me ( though I did get a little irrate) :upset! was told it would be turned on in 24 hrs. Then in getting up to get to the bathroom, i passed out and fell, laid in the floor over 2 hrs. because I had no phone. When I got back in bed and quit hurting enough to make a phone call, I used my neighbors phone, the neighbor who came over and found me in the floor, and called straight talk. After threatening a lawsuit against all owners And walmart,a manager turned my phone back on. Well, today my phone never rang, and when I called my housekeeper she said "whose phone are you calling from?" When I said mine she said "no, it shows ###-###-####" back on the phone to them, 4 hrss. later, they sad it was fixed, old # back, and to call blah-blah to to reprogram, done, NOT!!!! I'm ready to boycott Walmart! pickett!! Nationwide protest! ... Show more

Dec 19, 2013

i am. i have had them for years as well and got a new phone with a replacement plan and had the phone for 9 months the chaeger port stop wrkin i sent it in for a new 1 and they sent me a pos 1 and i have been on the phone for over 3hrs tryin to get my phone bck or the right 1 and all i got was the same 1 and was told theres nothing they will or can do 4 me after being hung up on and dealing with the rudeness of them..... now i am just witin to be ran up in again until i just say screw it and pay the little bit extra for a real cell phone company..

Furious B

Mar 19, 2013

My internet/data got cut off (I can still text and talk) for apparently violating their terms of use. I was told if I purchased another $45 Unlimited card it would start working. Well today I did that as I had to wait until today and the 3G went out on Thursday...5 days later I purchased that card and now get told I have to wait almost 2 weeks for my card that's in my reserve to have the internet and such working. They should at least send a text or email saying to slow it down with using so much data. I'm very furious!

2 weeks I can't use my phone for the real reasons. I am fed up!

Pissed

Mar 18, 2013

Just got the new iPhone 5 for straight talk didn't know data was limited so I waited for my service to renew because I called and they said it would come back when my service was renewed waited two weeks and tried to use my data still can't use it so this means I can't get pic messages or anything I called them again and the just sent me to a hotline of theirs and btw it's a machine still no data calling again tomorrow hope all hose well... :(

CellUser

Mar 29, 2013 Scarborough, Maine

Maybe theres an app you can find to teach you to PUNCTUATE. Nothing is more annoying then trying to read these posts with mile long run on sentances.

spellcheckerval

Jun 03, 2013 Altamonte Springs, Florida

Nothing is more annoying "than" trying to read a post correcting someone's "sentences" when the corrector can't spell. Is there an app for that? Or maybe you should just spellcheck before you decide to chastise someone else.

2funny

Aug 15, 2013

That was AWESOME...lol!!

0 1

Showing 1-20 of 67 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×