Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk internet and picture msging not working?
Straight Talk internet and picture msging not working?
I have an LG290CM straight talk phone with the unlimited plan and have been with them for over a year now and I haven't had any issues until now except occasionally unable to access the internet but that rarely ever happened until now.
My Man just got the Samsung R451C Recon. + Unlimited Plan, and after setting up his phone and paring the bluetooth to my phone and his old us cellular phone, I had successfully sent him all the contacts from my phone to his new one and from his old us cellular phone to his new samsung then had text him some photos from my LG to his new Samsung.
Then we paired his bluetooth headset to his new samsung and it worked great. We then decided to try out the internet on his new phone but keep getting a "Error: server not responding" or "Error: cannot resolve hostename" and we also cannot send picture messages but we can send regular text messages...
What is up with this? Why isn't it working?
And of coarse Straight Talk Customer Service is closed! Besides even if I called them to resolve the problem it's like talking to a robot and they are so annoying! Also when have they ever really solved an issue?!
For instance we originally went to Wal-mart and bought a Samsung R355 it's kind of like a blackberry phone it's listed online for $129.99 but on sale in the store for $80.00. He got the $45 plan and we went home to activate it and port over his us-cellular phone number. We got it all done then tried to use it but it didn't work so I called the World's Greatest customer service ST and was online looking at the st website and notice they had the other phone he wanted for Free with a $45 service plan! So we of coarse wanted that deal! The Representative over the phone said he could cancel the port and cancel the current phone and told us to buy the one online and return the other one to the store. LOL the next day his Us cellular phone didn't work and when you called his number it was calling the phone that we had returned to the store! Oh that was just wonderful! We called ST and tried to troubleshoot the problem as much to our dismay we were told to go to wal-mart and tell them not to scan the phone and for us to call us cellular and tell them we needed to port back over his number to them. Well walmart scans their returns at the time you bring them back. He was afraid he's lose his number so we went to all the trouble trying to take care of *** petty things that the ST Customer Service reps were telling us to do. Us cellular told us that we needed the account number with ST in order to port the number back but ST refused to give us that info saying it was private info of ST.. I had to speak to the supervisor and deal with that. And long story short once a phone is ported out of a service provider your contract is canceled.
So what does one do to deal with your Straight Talk phone problems?
I wish there was an actual store where you can talk to a real live person standing in front of you rather than these robotic Arabic sounding people. I think they have a language changing machine on their computer when you call because they always sound the same when you talk to them.
My man even said while we were on the phone with them "Why do you all sound like a Robot" LOL... but they really do!f3dba00 review #210570
You may also like
- "I bought a new Nokia C3 and a month later wanted to switch to a different cell phone service provider. Consumer Cellular would not unlock my phone! They said it..."
- "My family has been an AT&T client for over 3 years now. When we signed up, me and my wife got iPhone 3GS, while my 10-year old got a..."
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "Hi kixeye I got banned and I really dont know why , No one is using my account and I did not logged in to the game recently and I am..."
- "Anybody living near or in San Francisco willing to pay those guys a visit ? I cannot unfortunately but if they were in my city, I sure would ! I am sure..."
- "Purchased car in Nov, 2014. Complained of back tires, they lied and said they were fine as two weeks later we had trouble with dead battery, tires below tread/bubble in..."
- "Unsolicited sales to my door. Told them I don't deal with solicitors and to please leave. He said just trying to make a living, etc. He started doing the hard..."
- "I am from Las Vegas, NV. and bought a car from Siamak’s Car Company: I found a vehicle that I was seriously interested in at Siamak’s Car Company of 777..."
- "this agency preys on seniors with alzheimer's but aren't picky and will devour anything they can,they are dishonest and have the best lawyers,side by side with the senior protective services..."