Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Corporate contact info

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175

or 305-715-6500 x 6175

fax 305-715-6737

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@tracfone.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

More Review Details

Helpful? 431 Yes 431 185 No 185
Had the same issue 119 Yes 119
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

23 hours ago #1110954

Great experience until I needed technical help. Poor customer service is an understatement. they should reconsider a few of their phone reps. .

6 hours ago #1111258

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Feb 05 #1106873

Thank you, this is going to be very helpful. I believe my situation is much more severe than yours.

Christopher

Feb 01 #1104446 Hamilton, Ohio

I have Called about my phone multipble times and I been waiting a Month to get my phone. Iv asked for a supervisor every single phone rep. I talk to Says "I am a supervisor" Why is it that everyone single person I talk to is a Supervisor? I want to know why there is no way in *** everyones a supervisor because I would love to have a job were I'm a supervisor. I'm about to call BBB.

Jan 24 #1100164

My phone has been doing the same thing . Second time now on my phone I've only had 2 months that it is disabled. I asked to talk to a person who could refund my money for the phone and or at least the service card I bought just this morning. The lady on the phone told I cannot have a refund and that I have to buy a new phone and they can transfer my service. I'm an so disgusted with this company.

Jan 26 #1100907

Dec 21, 2015 #1082030

This woman no longer works there

Dec 20, 2015 #1081437

Thank u for your comments. I had exactly the same kind of bad experiences with 10, tracfone & straighttalk. They are all owned by the same company. I will contact this woman directly. Thanks so much

Dec 15, 2015 #1078988

Thank You for the Tip I am having a horrible time trying to get a replacement phone. I have been told several times they are sending me a label but no label. It was to the point that I was afraid to send my old phone back in because I was afraid I would not get one in return. I paid 129.00 for phone and my 45 dollar card and have been without both for 2 weeks. So, again thank you so much for the information.

Nov 25, 2015 #1069499

Oh my gosh I have been waiting on my phone for two months now and every time I call I get the run around I'm sick of it I just want my phone I don't understand why they have to lie about it. Do you have a different number because I tried this number and it takes me straight to straight talk. I'm am beyond livid and can't take much more.

Nov 23, 2015 #1068675

I wish I would have seen this review before all my problems with Straight Talk started!!!! I have spent seven hours over three days in a twenty day period of which Straight Talk had the entire twenty days to transfer my active phone number to their service. Ironically Straight Talk was able to enter my credit card information into their system correctly to charge me for thirty days of service. On every level of customer service they have totally failed. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau also.

Marti

Nov 23, 2015 #1068597 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Thank you for this information. I have been waiting since early September for a refund of a straight talk kit that I was told could not be used in my city. They have kept me on the phone for a minimum of one hour each time I call and always with an excuse for no check being sent and always a new promise. I will definitely make use of the information.

Nov 10, 2015 #1061500

I think their service is just fine. I've been with them less than 1 month and I've already had to talk to a customer service rep. My phone got 'inactive'. I thought it was because of the data usage, but I talked with a CSR on the desktop chat. She looked into the problem, said my phone was set as 'new' for some reason and helped me out from there. The customer service rep I was talking to was extremely helpful. The issue was resolved right away. They are sending me a new card in two days with a ticket number to resolve the issue. Bottom line, if you are calm and nice to them when talking to them, things will go much faster. Also, its a good idea to keep all documents/cards you receive from them because I had to provide my serial, SIM number, and service pin. Getting issues like this resolved is so easy if you are smart about it.

Nov 07, 2015 #1059950

Thank you from my heart for posting this. I have had a nightmare of a time with this company..I too have spent hours on the phone, only to talk to people who have "accidentally" hung up on me, told me absolutely ludicrous things, turned my phone off once("well it was a mistake, you will have all of your information again.") I have saved these numbers to my contact information and will use them..Thanks again!!!

2 0 Reply

Nov 06, 2015 #1059620

Thank u. For her# an name. Like u (different story) they owe me 90$!. Tried to talk or didtoday5hrs an 6 people .was promised it would be in my bank TODAY. just liar. Liarers.... Gonna loose me next month if money isn't in today. Plus I have recording of what I wAs told. (90$ in my account)so be it. I will get my money. How dare them to take a senior citizen money. Or anyone money. Hey I always always get back up. I will b calling her an BBB..picked wrong person here straight talk.

Oct 12, 2015 #1047128

ooooooo yeah i spent thirty minutes at a time with these morons ive called 43 times ive kept track of every call and every person i have talk ed to worst mess ever moral of the story ive talked to three corporate reps countless supervisors and department managers and its been 32 days and i have not received my replacement phone and every time i call on the days my phone was "supposed" to be here its a diffrent story same lame apology and same lack of intelligence or courtesy to handle the problem. just called a department manager and was told i have to wait some more phone was supposed to be overnight shipped and be on my doorstep tommorrow morning has not been shipped nor is there a tracking number or any reason as to why i am still waiting worst service ever dont send your phone to them they will rob you and *** you off
-tyler pissed off customer

Oct 17, 2015 #1049750

Jan 03 #1088236

This person is a waste of time. It's another stalling tactic and will resolve nothing.

Oct 03, 2015 #1042691

The exact same thing happened to mu granddaughter. As soon as she added minutes, the phone died. Took forever to get the return label. They supposedly sent a replacement over a month ago, still no show. The gave her what they call a tracking number but it isn't really a carrier tracking number. She works at a hospital and has no way to be on call right now. They are rude and pathetic. They also say there is no supervisor to speak to you. They are totally taking advantage of younger people who don't know what to do.

Oct 18, 2015 #1050160

1-20 of 177 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.