Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Corporate contact info

Oct 28, 2010
review #204724

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175

or 305-715-6500 x 6175

fax 305-715-6737

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@tracfone.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

aaf43fd
Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Oct 10 Wilmington, North Carolina

1(ONE) question WHY are these so called people still in Business ONLY IN THE BEAUTIFUL USA. This company and it's CEO needs to call and listen to the TRASH I HAVE HAD to listen too. WHO DO YOU CALL FOR HELP?
Why has the Government not SHUT THEM DOWN. I PAY FOR MY PHONE AND IT SHOULD WORK FOR THOSE WHO R UNABLE . LET US STOP MAKING THESE $$$$$ MONSTERS RICH. WE HAVE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER ONLY THEN WILL THIS S--T STOP.

Paul

Sep 10 Dubois, Pennsylvania

I am totally disgusted with this company. I have approximately 8 hours of time on the phone with their customer service. All they do is give scripted answers and transfer you around their little call center room. All i was trying to do was transfer my phone number from one phone to another and it has been three days without any progress.

DeeKay

Aug 15 Dyersburg, Tennessee

Thank you so very much.. I wont go into my story. but I have been without my phone for a month ,they made it seem like they were going to switch the min to my phone from my daughters because her sims she bought from them would not work. now I have had them send me 2 wrong cards and since they have lied to get me of of the phone every other day since last month.. always saying a new one is on the way.. but when I call back they say.no it was not sent .. we will do it now.. and still I sit with no phone.. Thank you for these numbers.. i WILL be calling right after this email..THANK YOU SO MUCH, SINCERELY... Donna Spears

straight shooter

Aug 12 Santa Fe, New Mexico

Here is the letter I just sent to Florida Att'y general Pamela Bondi. I await resolution.
LETTER TO FLORIDA ATT’Y GENERAL PAMELA BONDI REGARDING DECEPTIVE MARKETING PRACTICES OF
STRAIGHT TALK WIRELESS
In mid-March 2014 I purchased a Straight Talk branded (and brand new) iPhone 5c to be used specifically on the Straight-Talk Network, powered by Verizon. I specifically chose to continue my service with Straight Talk because Verizon covered them for signal strength and availability. The cost was $650.00 cash.
Before making my decision, I researched my future purchase thoroughly, both online at Straight Talk.com and through the Wal-Mart website, and spoke with Straight Talk customer service twice to ask what would be the best model of iPhone to purchase for use with their Verizon service.
I was told that "any iPhone will be compatible" with their carrier. This purchase was made through the Straight Talk hub on the Wal-Mart website. As thrilled, as I was to get my iPhone, I immediately noticed signal weakness, dropped call issues, and other connectivity issues. I was constantly getting "cannot send mail" notifications. These were regular occurrences. I called in but wait times and Filipino customer service was time consuming and not at all helpful. I was moving and recovering from health issues and didn't have the time or energy to sit on the phone for hours at a time. The issue just got worse and so I decided to see if I could get Straight talk tech support to
... Show more

ccm

Aug 11 Littleton, New Hampshire

Thank you for your post. I called this number and at least got through to a person. I sent in my phone for replacement, they failed to email me to tell me that since they did not have that same phone in stock they had not shipped it. It would have been nice if they had sent me an email to let me know that they weren't sending me a replacement phone and why and could have given me other phone options to choose from. In the meantime, I really need a working phone as the other straight talk phone I have also needs to be replaced! Their phones are not quality, it's practically impossible to get a direct line or extension to speak to a human and when I finally did get a hold of someone she wouldn't just be honest enough to say thay hadn't shipped a new phone to me, I got that answer after calling the number you posted. I am completely frustrated with this company. Sure, they have a decent unlimited rate, but their phones have issues all of the time, they don't send a replacement out when they say they will, customer service is horrible - end result: you get what you pay for. Sad but true.

Aug 11

I was just talking to the zombies and it was like talking to a wall. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he transferred me to his fellow csr right next to him, like I'm ***. I don't have as much tragedy as you. but I have been paying for internet and have had nothing for 3 weeks, but since this is my first time calling in, they will only credit me for one day. I don't think so, I work 2 jobs, I don't have time to call you foreigners. But I will be calling Karen. Thanks for the Info.
Melissa

Irrate straight talk user

Aug 02 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Yo thee same thing happened to me. I was on thee phone for hours trying to get those dumb *** to fix my problem. I activated my straight talk phone today round 5 pm aug 2nd. Thee first dumb ***. Supposely added my service pin to thee wrong number when I clearly gave him thee right number...(checc thee customer service recording for proof) then thee next dumb *** said it was on another phone. I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said she would deactivate thee service frm thee other phone n put it in mines. Which she didnt do. She had me on hold forever then hung up how rude. Then I called again and did thee service pin number thru thee automated service. N thee automated service said thee transaction went thru to my phone. So I checced it n even thee automated service was wrong. So I called again n asked for thee corporate number. That gave me an e-mail address go figures. So it led me here. Nice to.see im not thee only one with this problem

0 0 Reply
Not so irritate straight talk

Aug 02 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

So due to my extensive complaining I finally got sum help wit my phone. A straight talk worker by thee name of Jorge Diaz took thee time n effort to.correcting thee.previous mistakes a straight talk employee did. Im happy to have my business phone bacc cuzz as a musician u need.every bit of a.connection u.can get. Thx Jorge. N God Bless everyone who complained!

Gabe

Jul 10

I just spoke with Jessica in the corporate office. She said she is releasing my phone today from the warehouse. There is a more current number for their office 8006264883.

Gabe

Jul 10

Thank you so much! I am on day 11 with no phone and have gone through the same torment. I am calling right now!

Bonnie

Jul 05

Thank you so much for this information. I have been going round and round with customer service. I ordered a phone for my granddaughter then realized right after I pushed the "submit" button that I had not put her apt. number on the address so I immediately canceled the order. I even went on the live chat and talked to somebody in China or someplace who I could barely understand and she assured me she had cancelled the order. I told her it was already pending on my bank and she said it would be credited. After another 24hrs the order was still showing in their system. So I went on live chat again and again was told they were cancelling the order. The charge actually was credited back to my bank and I though all was well. So I went to Walmart and purchased the phone and airtime card and sent it myself thinking I didn't want to get messed up with all that again ordering through straight talk! Well, would you know they sent the phone out anyway. Fed Ex showed it "delivered" but my granddaughter never got it. So now we have no idea where the phone is and of course they have charged my account again!!!! I am so upset and I surely plan to contact the bbb about it but I am so grateful that you have published this contact info and I will call her first thing Monday morning and hopefully get the help I need to fix this mess!

Jul 04

like like like like relate

MadLady

Jun 17

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I didnt realize that they can change your phone number after your service has lapsed a few days. Yep a phone number Ive had for 10 years and my children have just come to learn was taken from me because I didnt refill my account within 3 days. I called and spoke with 8 different people over the course of 10 hours. They all made up different stories and like you said, foreign pieces of junk that dont say anything that isnt on their computer script. First they said my old phone number was already linked to a new account. The next person said I wasnt able to get my old number back because its now in a number pool. After that they told me the phone number went back to Sprint. Then another man said it wasnt linked to anyone but he couldnt get it back for me. And finally again, someone said that it was already linked to someone elses account. Ya know I have never experienced this much trouble with any cell service. I have had, US cellular, Tmobile, Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile and none of the prepaid services have ever changed my number because I let my minutes run out. This is a complete joke. What is the purpose of taking away my phone number??? And only after a few days? They dont have enough phone numbers to give people I mean come on??? MY daughter cried when I told her I didnt have the same number and we need to teach her the new one.. she just fricken learned it and this totally *** me off. And I didnt even mention... Show more

Jen

Jun 12

Thank you I needed a corporate number...
I had prepaid a year of service $504.17. After 2 months the phone wouldn't let me do anything. So I called and cancelled service and was told I'd be refunded the difference for months not used... well a month later they are now saying I was lied to... Nope! Not me, I'm not backing down! Thanks for posting number!

Apr 20

I am having the same problem worth straight talk and get the dam run around about it. Highly missed off right now.

dallas

Apr 02 Albuquerque, New Mexico

Wow .. thanks ill be calling also this is bs the way they treat peopl n how i was treated. I am.very angry also. I'm glad they fixed it :( for u..!! Been having problem w my phone n they don't want to fix the problem plus I paid my bilk n they changed my number I didn't ask them to do that. I'm pist off n probably gona change carriers. Very unsatisfied ....

Ed

Apr 10 Indianapolis, Indiana

I called these numbers given and it worked out great. I was given excellent customer service by Shelly. It seems there are 5 people working in this office at Corporate. This is the number to call if you are having trouble.
Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175
or 305-715-6500 x 6175
fax 305-715-6737
Her name is Karen Calderon
email is kcalderon@tracfone.com

Irritated

Sep 14

I just tried this corporate number/extention. The extension no longer exists. I will try to speak with a human in the morning. Its 9:25 pm eastern time now and I got the recording

Mar 24

this^ a 100 times this. aarrrrrgh

1-20 of 128 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×