Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk is HORRIBLE!!!!!! Corporate contact info

Oct 28, 2010
review #204724

Straight Talk is Beyond Horrible!

After only 1 month, my phone stopped working. It would not recognize that I added the unlimted $45 card to it. The phone was purchased new from Walmart.

I called the customer DIS service department and they saw that their system did recognize that I did add minutes but my phone did not.

So, after spending LITERALLY 12 HOURS and 15 minutes on the phone with the Straight Talk customer DIS service department (that is what I call them now) over the course of approximatley 8-10 different phone calls... Still NOTHING was resolved. They gave me codes to put into my phone NUMEROUS times despite the fact that it didn't work the previous day that I talked to them and was told to do that.

So, as of today, I have not have ANY cell phone service for 18 days(almost 3 weeks). 3 Weeks that I paid for!

Straight Talk wanted me to send my phone back to them. So, they took 5 plus days to send me an airbill fed ex package so I could mail them my phone. I sent it on Thursday and it was received at Straight talk the next day.

So, I waited about a week and called them to see where my phone was... I was told 3 different things by 3 different people.. The best was by a supervisor who told me that I would have a new phone on my doorstep in 3 days. BUT, when I asked him if the phone was shipped from their warehouse, he said I DON"T KNOW! I asked him.. how can you tell me I will have my new phone in 3 days when you don't even know if it was shipped or not???? He could not understand this concept at all!!!!

He could not give me a tracking number .. b/c there was none!

BOTTOM LINE... I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org and within 24 hours I had the Better Business Bureau liason at Straight talk and she personally called me at my work number and walked to the warehouse and got a new phone herself changed my number to that phone, made sure it worked. She is also sending it to me OVERNIGHT.

She is in the Corporate Office in Miami, Florida.

I also asked that I get a month FREE for all the aggravation and she agreed to do that.

This is her contact info

Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175

or 305-715-6500 x 6175

fax 305-715-6737

Her name is Karen Calderon

email is kcalderon@tracfone.com

She is the Better Business SPecialist with Trac Fone Wireless.. This is who is the parent company of Straight Talk and who you ultimately need to deal with if you have a problem with Straight Talk.

I am posting this b/c I am thoroughly disgusted with the way I was treated by the foreign customer service department who are like zombies reading from a script no matter what you say to them.

I hope this helps someone.

654bbe9
3.3
Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Gabe

Jul 10

I just spoke with Jessica in the corporate office. She said she is releasing my phone today from the warehouse. There is a more current number for their office 8006264883.

Gabe

Jul 10

Thank you so much! I am on day 11 with no phone and have gone through the same torment. I am calling right now!

Bonnie

Jul 05

Thank you so much for this information. I have been going round and round with customer service. I ordered a phone for my granddaughter then realized right after I pushed the "submit" button that I had not put her apt. number on the address so I immediately canceled the order. I even went on the live chat and talked to somebody in China or someplace who I could barely understand and she assured me she had cancelled the order. I told her it was already pending on my bank and she said it would be credited. After another 24hrs the order was still showing in their system. So I went on live chat again and again was told they were cancelling the order. The charge actually was credited back to my bank and I though all was well. So I went to Walmart and purchased the phone and airtime card and sent it myself thinking I didn't want to get messed up with all that again ordering through straight talk! Well, would you know they sent the phone out anyway. Fed Ex showed it "delivered" but my granddaughter never got it. So now we have no idea where the phone is and of course they have charged my account again!!!! I am so upset and I surely plan to contact the bbb about it but I am so grateful that you have published this contact info and I will call her first thing Monday morning and hopefully get the help I need to fix this mess!

Jul 04

like like like like relate

MadLady

Jun 17

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I didnt realize that they can change your phone number after your service has lapsed a few days. Yep a phone number Ive had for 10 years and my children have just come to learn was taken from me because I didnt refill my account within 3 days. I called and spoke with 8 different people over the course of 10 hours. They all made up different stories and like you said, foreign pieces of junk that dont say anything that isnt on their computer script. First they said my old phone number was already linked to a new account. The next person said I wasnt able to get my old number back because its now in a number pool. After that they told me the phone number went back to Sprint. Then another man said it wasnt linked to anyone but he couldnt get it back for me. And finally again, someone said that it was already linked to someone elses account. Ya know I have never experienced this much trouble with any cell service. I have had, US cellular, Tmobile, Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile and none of the prepaid services have ever changed my number because I let my minutes run out. This is a complete joke. What is the purpose of taking away my phone number??? And only after a few days? They dont have enough phone numbers to give people I mean come on??? MY daughter cried when I told her I didnt have the same number and we need to teach her the new one.. she just fricken learned it and this totally *** me off. And I didnt even mention... Show more

1 0 Reply
Jen

Jun 12

Thank you I needed a corporate number...
I had prepaid a year of service $504.17. After 2 months the phone wouldn't let me do anything. So I called and cancelled service and was told I'd be refunded the difference for months not used... well a month later they are now saying I was lied to... Nope! Not me, I'm not backing down! Thanks for posting number!

Apr 20

I am having the same problem worth straight talk and get the dam run around about it. Highly missed off right now.

dallas

Apr 02 Albuquerque, New Mexico

Wow .. thanks ill be calling also this is bs the way they treat peopl n how i was treated. I am.very angry also. I'm glad they fixed it :( for u..!! Been having problem w my phone n they don't want to fix the problem plus I paid my bilk n they changed my number I didn't ask them to do that. I'm pist off n probably gona change carriers. Very unsatisfied ....

Ed

Apr 10 Indianapolis, Indiana

I called these numbers given and it worked out great. I was given excellent customer service by Shelly. It seems there are 5 people working in this office at Corporate. This is the number to call if you are having trouble.
Main phone 800 876 5753 x 6175

Mar 24

this^ a 100 times this. aarrrrrgh

starr

Mar 04

Has any one tried the email address for Karen, I'm currently on the phone w straight talk for 3 hours! I googled straight talk phones and found one, it was a net 10 phone. Before I bought it I called ST to see if I would be to transfer the number. Gave the rep the serial number and told her it was a net 10 phone as well, she said we would only have to pay 15$ for transfer fee. I just had a manager tell me that they don't have a transfer fee. So any way I bought the phone for 200$! And now they are telling me they are sorry I've been given the wrong information we can extend your service for 15 days! What about the money for the phone? Wanting me to call net 10 and have them refund me. Its ST's fault no one else's but theirs! Now they are escalating it to corporate for investigation. :(

mike

Mar 02 San Antonio, Texas

understand exactly what you're saying and I went through the same thing you haven't lied about anything with straight talk its exactly like you said that's the way they deal with people all the time

NISHA

Jan 23

STRAIGHT TALK STINKS THEY GO INTO YOU ACCT NUMBER WITHOUT PERMISSION AND ADD UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. BUY A REFILL DO NOT CALL AND GIVE YOUR CARD NUMBER THEY STORE THIS ACCT NUMBER. DISPUTING UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES NOW

Ashley

Jan 22 Louisville, Kentucky

Ashley in KY man I feel ya I still have 23 days on my service but.... Today at noon while I the bath st decided I needed a new number 5 years with this company and six months with the same number they detach my number from my phone and attach it to sometimes account a state away then tell me my phone belongs to that account and since my name is not on that account I can't do a thing about it.....

Jan 20

I just went and bought at $400.00 Galaxy S3 for my boyfriend on black Friday. I give it to him on Christmas and he was so happy! He is a truck driver so he needed a good phone due to me having our first child and he wanted to be able to keep in contact with out dropping calls and not having service.. TURNS OUT.. WRONG.. every state he goes in he has had nothing but freaking problems. He has no service.. and the last time they deleted all his contacts! and on top of that he lost money by not being able to keep in contact with his customers! He is one mad truck driver tonight he lost service again and they told us return the phone! NEWS FLASH who keeps packaging when u cant return *** after 30 days! I have all the books but no freaking packaging! So pissed hopefully this lady I just emailed from above gets back to me tomorrow or ill take my business else where!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( ... Show more

domesticangel

Dec 24, 2013

Sounds similar to my situation. I just filed a complaint with the BBB. Maybe that will get me somewhere because contacting CS doesn't!

Dec 30, 2013

anything? We are fighting over a Bring Your Own Phone that they said should work on their service and doesn't

scar

Dec 19, 2013 Arkansas City, Arkansas

Why is it that when I buy unlimeted everything a month my phone work good intell
The last two weeks and I can't get on youtube or facebook inless I set there and
Wait 20 minutes for it to load this is stuped :?

Rebelangel14

Feb 18 China Grove, North Carolina

I was told after buying the unlimited card and chip for my iPhone 4S that when you go over 2.5 GB, it goes from 3G to 2G. I tried exposing to the manager that I paid for unlimited everything. She just kept repeating the same thing over and over. I tried to speak with someone in corporate but she said she was the highest manager. I finally hung up. Still at no avail of receiving anything.

Showing 1-20 of 119 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×