Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk ruined 3 phones, Error Code 67 & 16
Update added by user Apr 05, 2014
I called Straight Talk again this morning and they put me through to TracPhone.lol.
After another hour on the phone, they decided they are going to send me yet another phone...but the difference is, this phone will be activated to a Verizon tower. Apparently the one they sent me yesterday was activated to a Sprint tower.?!
The original phone I bought and used for 2 years was connected to a Sprint tower and worked just fine until I talked to Straight Talk. Now I got 3 phones and none of them work and have to wait on yet another replacement phone. I asked them if they could overnight the phone and the answer was NO.
I should get it in 3-5 business days.
So another week without a phone.The lady assured me this phone would work, I said the rep I spoke to last weekend told me the same thing when they sent me the 1st replacement phone.....
Original review posted by user Apr 05, 2014
My phone was cracked, wouldnt charge and I got it wet.I had an extra Straight Talk phone so I called and wanted a number transfer.
The next morning the phone still had Error Code 67 and 16. I called them for 3 days. They told me everything from take the battery out, turn the phone off and on, Update PRL, Update Profile, and ##72786#. They even had the nerve to tell me to drive to a different zip code.
After 3 days, they tell me they need to send me a new phone. 7 days without a phone I get the "NEW phone" and 5 hours later on the phone with them, this phone is doing the same things the other 2 did. There are no supervisors and every person tells you to do the same 3 tests. They read from a piece of paper and have no idea what to tell you or what they are doing.
Finally a representative says, The only thing left to do is change your number." With hesitation, but desperation, I agreed. Now I dont know what my new phone number is and my phone still doesnt work. So I call back and While Im in hour 5 of being on the phone with them, I get my original phone that I got wet, to turn on. I said f*** this, just transfer my number BACK to the original phone.
So now it has the same Error Codes and it doesnt work. Update PRL, the message reads, "An error has occured while CIDC, please try later. After googling this problem, I realized there are many people saying the same thing and there is no help. Obviously the problem isnt with my phones, it is with Straight Talk.
They ruined 3 phones, including a "brand new" one they sent me.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "BAD SIGNAL TOWER ~ #1PL33XC461 Route 206, Tabernacle, NJ 08088 ________________________________________________________ TOWER SIGNAL FACTS: Mid November 2014 ~ Tower signal caused cell phone bars to drop in half… ~ My cell phone bars dropped from 4 to..."
- "My family has been an AT&T client for over 3 years now. When we signed up, me and my wife got iPhone 3GS, while my 10-year old got a..."
- "Purchased program w/additional cost for tech support. Web site shows program allows for call recording, satisfaction guaranteed. Downloaded program and learned call recording is not a feature, so the..."
- "I spent $250 on a blond wig with minimal roots (Reese Witherspoon picture). I received the wig and there is 4 inches of black roots. I contacted the company and..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "So We ordered a plant for a funeral (pictured) and all we received was a bucket of grass and leaves and some ribbon (not in the shape of a bow),..."
- "CompRite is the computer repair company that tries harder. That is why the company has experienced solid growth over the past 10 years, and the latest CompRite store is in West..."
- "Illegal immigrant from Brazil working in the United States pharmaceutical industry. Peter Miter has been living in the United States illegally since the age of 13. Peter Miter..."
- "I bought two brass Cremone Bolts for over $100 each. The design was defective, they broke less than two weeks after installation. Instead of having a 1/4" x..."