Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk SUCKS!

Aug 11, 2011
review #254762

I've had straight talk for 4 months and it is the worst service I've ever had. Customer Service is NON EXISTENT and based in Central America.

The signal is awful, photo messages are available only in your HOME area, no photo or web access while roaming....

I'm done. Gone to T-mobile...l TODAY! Don't waste your money on this *** of a service...

Usually Wal-Mart products are good..... but they should have stayed out of this market... Their contracts with cell tower providers is lacking terrribly.... There actual coverage is maybe good, but the ability to keep a call going is not. Too many dropped calls.

6634971
Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Apr 13

I have had Straight Talk for a few months now. They advertise $29.99 per month. Yet, I am charged $35.20 a month.
Walmart told me it is tax. That is 17% sales tax.
The phone is supposed to be unlimited talk and text only. Yet, for $5.00 more a month I could have unlimited talk, text and web with Metro.
My brand new phone does not hold a charge at all. Once it gets to 2 bars the next step is a red bar indicating the phone is about to die.
I paired it with the blue tooth in the car and for some reason it keeps connecting and disconnecting as I drive.
I called home the other night and my wife could not hear me. She said it was breaking up. I tried calling the customer service number. No one ever answered. I wanted to dispute the $35.20 a month when I should only be paying $29.99 a month This is horrible service!!!!

Taken

Apr 01

I needed to reactivate my phone service, but I lost my reactivation #. I got in touch with them, but all they could was sorry. I had already purchased a service, therefore I attempted purchase a SIM through their bring your own phone program, but they said that the phone ,"which I purchased through them", was not acceptable.

housman62

Apr 16, 2013 Corpus Christi, Texas

I have had straight talk for 6 months. then all at once they cut off my data even though i payed for unlimited data. no good reason was given, they would just pass me from person to the next. then just hang up. I'M PISSED :upset

Pissed off customer

Dec 24, 2012 Whitesburg, Kentucky

I bought a zte merit from Walmart and ported my phone number that i have had for 10 years to it less than a week ago and I could not hear on the phone customer service said just trade it out at the store so I did. Lost my whole month service plan and my number I am going to sew this company do not get this service

YetAnotherPissedOffGuy

Dec 19, 2012 Charlotte, North Carolina

I have been using it for 20 days. Used my unlocked smartphone and got a TMobile compatible straight talk SIM. No 3g coverage in areas with even good 3g coverage as per TMobile coverage map. Only edge works even though I have 3g network enabled and access points configured correctly. I have another friend on straighttalk with an at&t compatible SIM. 3G works for him, but terribly slow. Pathetic customer service. You are lucky if you get someone on the line within 30 minutes of wait.

I am moving to TMobile at the end of 30 days period for which I paid.

voice of reason

Dec 01, 2012

I'm 50 years old, bought this phone, an LG, for $200 at Walmart, then also bought a ONE YEAR plan for it, for $495- put down $700 CASH and gave the phone to my kid- at end of month one, the phone SHUT OFF- had to call and reactivate it- at end of month 3 it shut off AGAIN, and now I'm on the phone with their foreign accent indian ? customer service dept, making me wait AN HOUR just to turn it back on again. WTF is with these phones ? *** THIS *** !!

hfxchas

Nov 30, 2012

Got a SmartPhone with Straight Talk, I pay in advance but still every month the phone service gets cancelled by their system! I have spent HOURS with Customer (Dis-)Service, but the issue persists. I chose to get the Samsung Galaxy Precedent because it works on the Verizon Network, so connectivity has been great and no dropped calls. I also like the phone itself, but having to deal with the same *** and broken promises every month is getting old fast. I used to be a big proponent of Straight Talk, but PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless you can handle a pay off between stress in your life and a cheap monthly rate. NOT worth it for me anymore.

shortee

Nov 28, 2012

my phone has not worked right for two months they told me they needed to send me a new sim card to change my no to a new phone this is the third phone i had hellllppp. i have to put everyone on speaker phone to hear what they are saying. its so frustrating because i am yelling in the phone not realizing the people on the other end can hear me.

Russ

Nov 27, 2012

I have been a loyal customer for three years. I switched over my family and friends. I bought my kids phones and have had nothing but trouble. Their smart phones are troublesome. I had to return two and even after being given a reference number they have yet to refund my money. This company is deceitful. Do not use them, pay the extra money for other services. I have spent well over 15 hours on customer (lack of) support. Please avoid this company at all costs. Save yourself the pain and spare yourself from their lies.

Nick

Oct 27, 2012

This morning I discovered I was unable to make or receive calls or text messages on my Samsung Precedent but my 3g internet worked. I called Straight Talk Customer Service and they informed me I am away from my activation zip code too much and would need to update it. I did that and so Straight Talk changed my phone number which makes no sense. As instructed by the customer service rep I updated my profile and prl on my phone and turned the phone off and back on. I still cannot make or receive any phone calls. I called Straight Talk back and they informed me it would take up to 24 hours for my phone to "update" This is ridiculous! Is Straight Talk going to reimburse me for the 24 hours witout phone service and all the time I wasted on the phone with customer service? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT! I'm seriously thinking about switching to a different provider when this month's service is up. It's been 6 hours now and I still can't use my phone! Pathetic! :( Customer service is a joke. Called them twice and they just read what their little script says! :roll

noone

Oct 21, 2012

These phones are absolute garbage. Their customer service is a half a step above retarded, if not retarded, and their phones and services are worthless. Don't waste your money.

Nate

Oct 20, 2012

Worst phone service ever. Phone always freezes, drops call, no reception and slow internet. Now I got some problem with the charge port and the screen displays the battery charging symbol. I'll admit in the many times I've had to call support, the staff have been very helpful

your mom

Sep 11, 2012

Wort dam decision I have ever made getting this phone!!!!!

Pissed off

Sep 03, 2012

I hate straight talk .... It is the worst decision i could have made buying this phone!!! i have only had it a week and the customer support is garbage they cant even get it hook up for me. All i wanted was my old number to be transferred to the new phone and all they do is give me the run around... every time i call them they constantly put me on hold to the point i'm wasting hours of my day on the phone with them... (Their slogan should be- Can you hold on 3 mins, Can you hold on an additional 3 mins, I'm just going to be 3 more mins, I'm going to need another 3 more mins, I should have it all done in 3 mins, I sorry but its going to be 3 more mins). After i hear all this for 2 hours of my life they tell me my phone will work in 48hrs and it's not. So i call them back and they tell me to wait another 48hrs and it's still not working. So i call back them back again and they tell me to wait another 48hrs and this phone still does not work. i wish i could meet creator of this phone service and so i can shove this phone up his or hers *** #justSaying

ty

Aug 30, 2012

yea they suck... i sent them an email today that said this...(knowing they wouldn't give a ***)Dear Straight Talk Wireless, i called you today to talk to a customer service representative about getting a new phone because this is the SECOND one the company has given me where the battery has completely quit. I have twice owned a Samsung Precedent in which both batterys were drained of life within 6 months. I called to not only reactivate my phone but also to see about a possible upgrade of a phone because the Samung Precedent sucks

nate258

Feb 17, 2012

Straight talk is a bunch of bs. I was transferring my dads number from his old phone to his new phone. They switched my number to his phone. So I call back and they say that they're are working on fixing it. ***. I'm writing this on here through the wifi on the phone they screwed up.

anonymous

Jan 20, 2012

This company will steal your money! Flat out theives. Random charges for no reason and then refuse to give your money back. I was charged twice in one month on two phones and they are saying its not their problem because i don't know the blood type/eye color/ etc of the person at my bank who would be handling the refund on any given day. They request insane info that they know you won't have about the large corporate bank that you use, and when you don't have it they say too bad. This after being on the phone for an hour multiple times. This company is a piece of #@*!

Chiggins

Jan 07, 2012

I actually like spending $45 a month for unlimited service. What I don't like is when I have to call in and can't understand a word they're saying. Then they can never fix whatever problem I called in about. Like today, my service runs out at midnight. I call in at 10 pm and they can't process my order with my credit card saying that they have a system error. So now I have to wait 24 hours before I can call back in meaning I will go without my phone, which is all I have....no land line. When I asked if they were going to compensate me for going with out and they said they would give me an extra day before I have to add time. Duh, I get an extra day because I can't fill it for an additional day! The price is great, the service is NOT! :(

Marney62

Sep 01, 2011

DON’T DO IT!!!!! WALK AWAY & BE GLAD YOU DID! Do not buy the plans & do not buy the phones!
When I activated the phones (online) I requested MY old AT&T number on MY phone and my husband's old AT&T number on HIS phone. The paper work I printed off the internet activation was correct.
When they sent me the phones THEY put my number on HIS phone and HIS number on MY phone. My phone would not work. I called THEM to get my phone to work. THEY sent me a new sim card for my phone. When I recieved it I installed the new sim card and the phone worked. HOWEVER, THEY still did not correct the phone numbers. AND then the same day my husbands phone quit working. It read "unregistered sim".
After NUMEROUS (7) phone calls with THEM.... THEY sent us a new sim card for HIS phone. I also told THEM to leave the (screwed up) numbers the way they were.
We received the new sim card. I called to get his phone working. After a lengthy phone call she got the phone working. BUT 5 minutes after hanging up with the tech support I noticed THEY had changed his number..... to a COMPLETELY different number. I called back and waited on hold for ANOTHER 15-20 minutes. When I got a tech rep and we went over EVERYTHING (I mean EVERYTHING) AGAIN. She said they would have to send out ANOTHER sim card. I told her I wanted a refund... she said "Please, hold and I will transfer you to the refund department." After being told that I would have to be on hold AGAIN for 15 minutes.... I
... Show more

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×