Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk "unlimited data" scam.
I purchased a Straight Talk smart phone for my daughter and set up auto-refill to pay for the unlimited data plan.
Three weeks ago, the data service was shut off. My daughter called them to report the Internet was inaccessible, but gave up after being transferred through several foreign representatives whose command of English was so poor she couldn't understand them. She still had phone service, so she assumed they would fix the data when her service refilled.
Straight Talk sent me a notice that they were processing the credit card payment on January 21st, and notice that they had refilled the service on January 25th. My credit card statement reports the charge went through on January 23rd. However, the phone was deactivated on the 23rd.
When I called to find out why the phone wasn't working, they said it had been shut off due to "excessive data use". When I asked how somebody could use too much data on an unlimited plan, they refused to explain and said they had to question the user about her data use. I explained that would be difficult, considering she couldn't use the phone, and was told the phone would not be turned back on until she called them and they hung up on me.
So, it was obvious that they had arbitrarily turned off her data service, with no notice to anyone, and then drafted money for the next month of service, knowing that they were not going to provide service. I think that's called FRAUD.
Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Every time you call, you are transferred from one representative to another and none of them speak English well enough to carry on any semblance of a functional conversation. Frankly, I suspect this is an offshore company hiding behind a Miami address. Every person I have spoken to (bar none) talks in heavily accented Indian.
I am currently filing complaints with the FCC, the Florida State Attorney Generals Offices and the Florida Public Utilities Commission. I would recommend nobody dealing with this company.review #292408
You may also like
- "I bought the new Samsung Galaxy s6 1/5/2015 and on the 23 i noted a purple color in the images if the front camera in the low light, i went..."
- "I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Cell2Get specifically the T-Mobile Variant SGH-M919 and UPS Second Day Air Shipping. The first problem was they charged me for the 2nd Day..."
- "tried to add more minutes to my phone, phone would not reactivate, called technician and after technician tried to apply minutes to phone was told I needed a new sim..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "I ordered an arrangement for my mother-in-law who had major surgery this past week. She loves roses so I chose a bouquet that was FULL of roses. It was called..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Just picked up my wife's watch from Movado repair earlier today. This is what she has to look forward to after waiting many weeks for the repair and my $192.60..."
- "I bought a sofa and love seat from rooms to go Pembroke Pines, Florida. After 14 months, sofa started peeling but love seat is fine. I called RTG customer service..."
- "I have had similar experiences to many of you here, and have similarly been completely appalled at the service I received. So much, so that I actually disputed the charge..."