Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk "unlimited data" scam.
I purchased a Straight Talk smart phone for my daughter and set up auto-refill to pay for the unlimited data plan.
Three weeks ago, the data service was shut off. My daughter called them to report the Internet was inaccessible, but gave up after being transferred through several foreign representatives whose command of English was so poor she couldn't understand them. She still had phone service, so she assumed they would fix the data when her service refilled.
Straight Talk sent me a notice that they were processing the credit card payment on January 21st, and notice that they had refilled the service on January 25th. My credit card statement reports the charge went through on January 23rd. However, the phone was deactivated on the 23rd.
When I called to find out why the phone wasn't working, they said it had been shut off due to "excessive data use". When I asked how somebody could use too much data on an unlimited plan, they refused to explain and said they had to question the user about her data use. I explained that would be difficult, considering she couldn't use the phone, and was told the phone would not be turned back on until she called them and they hung up on me.
So, it was obvious that they had arbitrarily turned off her data service, with no notice to anyone, and then drafted money for the next month of service, knowing that they were not going to provide service. I think that's called FRAUD.
Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Every time you call, you are transferred from one representative to another and none of them speak English well enough to carry on any semblance of a functional conversation. Frankly, I suspect this is an offshore company hiding behind a Miami address. Every person I have spoken to (bar none) talks in heavily accented Indian.
I am currently filing complaints with the FCC, the Florida State Attorney Generals Offices and the Florida Public Utilities Commission. I would recommend nobody dealing with this company.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Phone Services
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "My Sony Xperia which is real piece of work stopped working, no one could clearly hear me, the sound was garbled. After taking the phone to CPR (Cell phone repair)..."
- "Purchased program w/additional cost for tech support. Web site shows program allows for call recording, satisfaction guaranteed. Downloaded program and learned call recording is not a feature, so the..."
- "I ordered a phone on 6-11-13 online and paid $4.99 s.h. for 3 day delivery because overnight delivery was$14.99. After i completed my $129.94 order and i printed my receipt..."
- "Just sold my iPhone 5S 16gb to Gazelle. They quoted me $130 because it was in brand new, flawless condition. They received and said they are lowering their price due..."
- "I ordered an arrangement for my mother-in-law who had major surgery this past week. She loves roses so I chose a bouquet that was FULL of roses. It was called..."
- "I had the window frames wrapped on my home (which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places). After about one (1) year. the Valspar coating bubbled. ..."
- "do not order from this company. the photos look nice and the item is bad quality. it took over a month to recieve the item that looks nothing like the..."
- "You mean ECCIE.net, I've seen her on there too...."
- "I ordered a Sweetheart Bouquet from For You Flowers and the delivered flowers looked nothing like a Sweetheart Bouquet. The flowers looked like an arrangement sent to a funeral home...."