Straight Talk Wireless - Straight Talk "unlimited data" scam.
I purchased a Straight Talk smart phone for my daughter and set up auto-refill to pay for the unlimited data plan.
Three weeks ago, the data service was shut off. My daughter called them to report the Internet was inaccessible, but gave up after being transferred through several foreign representatives whose command of English was so poor she couldn't understand them. She still had phone service, so she assumed they would fix the data when her service refilled.
Straight Talk sent me a notice that they were processing the credit card payment on January 21st, and notice that they had refilled the service on January 25th. My credit card statement reports the charge went through on January 23rd. However, the phone was deactivated on the 23rd.
When I called to find out why the phone wasn't working, they said it had been shut off due to "excessive data use". When I asked how somebody could use too much data on an unlimited plan, they refused to explain and said they had to question the user about her data use. I explained that would be difficult, considering she couldn't use the phone, and was told the phone would not be turned back on until she called them and they hung up on me.
So, it was obvious that they had arbitrarily turned off her data service, with no notice to anyone, and then drafted money for the next month of service, knowing that they were not going to provide service. I think that's called FRAUD.
Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Every time you call, you are transferred from one representative to another and none of them speak English well enough to carry on any semblance of a functional conversation. Frankly, I suspect this is an offshore company hiding behind a Miami address. Every person I have spoken to (bar none) talks in heavily accented Indian.
I am currently filing complaints with the FCC, the Florida State Attorney Generals Offices and the Florida Public Utilities Commission. I would recommend nobody dealing with this company.eef2f8a review #292408
You may also like
- "After purchasing a repair service and sending in my phone, I was told I needed to buy an unnecessary part - a $2 part that they wanted $45 for! (I..."
- "Today (6/16/13), I purchased an iphone 4 and 1 year unlimited card from walmart totalling around 1000$. After purchase, I followed the automated system for activation which would not accept..."
- "I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks..."
- "I took advantage of their "if you buy something now you will get free shipping for 24 hours" ya forgot about that. You have to find a specific item that..."
- "DO NOT go to this girl. First of all she is really dirty. She sounds friendly on the phone but then when you get to see her she is so..."
- "I bought a gas grill at Menards in Osage Beach Missouri in July of 2014 I've used it maybe 12 times it's a thermos grill and I went to use..."
- "ALLSCRIPTS has attacked my reputation,has ruined my good name made strong criticism,malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming my character, reporting false statements to defame me, publishing false..."
- "i'm building vail model it is an A frame home.it is in the woods on 5 acres.with trees everywhere. we are not permited to clear all of the land. when they..."
- "I started seeing pictures of these lockets on my Facebook news feed in early 2013 and was intrigued. I thought the idea of a locket with charms was adorable..."