Straight Talk Wireless - Walmart/Straight Talk return policies-BAD
I purchased a cell phone at Walmart-Reno, NV and the gal even called and set it all up for me that day.I purchased a Straight Talk plan with phone that Walmart offers.
On the 16th day it just died. Couldn't get nothing out of it. Tried charging it and all that but still nothing. So my husband and I took it back to Walmart.
They said they wouldn't refund us because it was over 15 days. Can you believe it - it died on the 16th day. They told me to contact either Samsung or Straight Talk. So I call Samsung.
Since it's some kind of contractual thing between them and Straight Talk they weren't responsible to give refunds on these particular phones. Told me to call Straight Talk. I did. The first guy was to new to be able to deal with the situation.
So I was transferred to another person. (Oh, I purchased it on 2.10.12 and called them around 3.23.12) She could not help me so I was transferred to a supervisor. I couldn't believe what they told me. They do not give refunds after 30 days.
Now that phone DIED on the 16TH DAY. We had just purchased a house and were in the process of moving etc. So I didn't call them immediately. The phone sat in its original box with all paperwork/accessories for what?
A couple of weeks. That's all it did. We never dropped the phone and it never got wet. It wasn't used and abused.
So I read their "terms and conditions" as best as I could. And no where did it state anything about no refunds under 30 days. I am furious. I emailed them and stated that anywhere I could write a bad review about their products and services, I would.
So I have. At Amazon.com, Facebook and Walmart.com. And I'm not done. So just beware.
I guess good customer service doesn't mean anything anymore. And the quality of products sold at Walmart by Straight Talk are really poor. I mean I spent around $100.00 for a cell phone that lasted, well, only 15 days. If you as a consumer have the time you should read some of the reviews at Amazon.com.
Apparently I'm not the only one who had this particular cell phone just DIE.By the way, its a Samsung Model #T528G.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had ordered iPhone replacement parts from Quality Repair Parts in 3403 Oakland Park, FL on May 26th 2015. After reviewing the company website I was lead to believe that..."
- "All I wanted was to buy my mother a cheap phone. Well It started out that way. I got her the phone and put it on the "free" (actually $5.99..."
- "He's a big fraud, he will tell iPhone 5s/6/6-plus at cheaper rates like 400$, 600$.. Once you order for the mobiles, he will tell you to deposit 90$ as clearance..."
- "The site can be searched and you will find content of interest. However if you pay $1.99 and log in, there is no way the find the content you..."
- "Bought a top of the line GE Profile Trash Compactor model # GCG1580LSS. In less than 3 yrs, the footpedal mounting holes worn thru and the footpedal fell off. The..."
- "On occasion I have had to contact Customer Service for many organizations. Occasionally, the first rep I speak with is able to resolve the issue. More often than not I..."
- "4th watch order. ALL have been defective. The latest, an expensive Graham watch, arrived in two pieces and will have to be shipped to England to fix. ..."
- "That's what happened to my leather sectional I purchased @ Ashley's just about four years ago and paid over $1,200.00. No pets, no kids...I sent them complaint about two years..."
- "It's bad enough to be towed, but being towed from a business when you are an actual consumer is a beat down. Someone overcharging you against their posted rates claiming..."