I purchased a cell phone at Walmart-Reno, NV and the gal even called and set it all up for me that day.I purchased a Straight Talk plan with phone that Walmart offers.
On the 16th day it just died. Couldn't get nothing out of it. Tried charging it and all that but still nothing. So my husband and I took it back to Walmart.
They said they wouldn't refund us because it was over 15 days. Can you believe it - it died on the 16th day. They told me to contact either Samsung or Straight Talk. So I call Samsung.
Since it's some kind of contractual thing between them and Straight Talk they weren't responsible to give refunds on these particular phones. Told me to call Straight Talk. I did. The first guy was to new to be able to deal with the situation.
So I was transferred to another person. (Oh, I purchased it on 2.10.12 and called them around 3.23.12) She could not help me so I was transferred to a supervisor. I couldn't believe what they told me. They do not give refunds after 30 days.
Now that phone DIED on the 16TH DAY. We had just purchased a house and were in the process of moving etc. So I didn't call them immediately. The phone sat in its original box with all paperwork/accessories for what?
A couple of weeks. That's all it did. We never dropped the phone and it never got wet. It wasn't used and abused.
So I read their "terms and conditions" as best as I could. And no where did it state anything about no refunds under 30 days. I am furious. I emailed them and stated that anywhere I could write a bad review about their products and services, I would.
So I have. At Amazon.com, Facebook and Walmart.com. And I'm not done. So just beware.
I guess good customer service doesn't mean anything anymore. And the quality of products sold at Walmart by Straight Talk are really poor. I mean I spent around $100.00 for a cell phone that lasted, well, only 15 days. If you as a consumer have the time you should read some of the reviews at Amazon.com.
Apparently I'm not the only one who had this particular cell phone just DIE.By the way, its a Samsung Model #T528G.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung T528G Cell Phone
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "I am a college student that budgets well and spends very little money, so I rarely check my bank account because I never have to worry about running low. My..."
- "This is the horrible, pathetic arrangement that was sent to me for Valentine's Day. Guys - if you want to keep a good woman, NEVER send her ProFlowers. ..."
- "The site can be searched and you will find content of interest. However if you pay $1.99 and log in, there is no way the find the content you..."
- "like the title says, your decision to change the artificial sweetener was a bad move. Your decision was completely political, multiple independent studies have shown that there are no negative..."
- "I can't get them to stop calling. I've added at least 20 of their numbers to my auto reject list and continue to get 30 calls a day. I've answered..."
- "I just purchase this a week and a half ago . I been cooking with it and yesterday i opened the big part on the cap . Two pill like..."
- "i sent surfaace Service Request Number: 1347324489. your said that Your item will be reviewed by our exchange center and a replacement will be processed. but they made nothing..."