Straight Talk Wireless - 10 gb Data Plan Ripoff

8 of 1341 Straight Talk Wireless reviews

Have had Straight Talk for several years without incident, however, in January 2017 my plan renewed with 10gb of data which lasted less than 10 days......No way I used that much data!!Called customer service and the only explanation I got was it must be a problem with my phone or an app on my phone, there was no issue on Straight Talk network.

After twenty minutes I tired of senseless argument and requested to speak with a manager, was told they would contact me within 24 hrs.....did not happen. I called a second time requested history of my data usage and was told they do not have records???? Hmmm.. then how do they know there is not a problem.

I was so frustrated when I hung up I felt ill. I can't believe they wouldn't attempt to resolve this issue. I have never complained before and have been pleased with service for the price.

I stopped my autopay and am currently shopping for new carrier.This level of customer "service" is unacceptable (at any price)!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Unlimited Talk Text And 10 Gb Data Plan
Review category
Telecommunications
review #1004519

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Straight Talk Wireless? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
8 of 1341 Straight Talk Wireless reviews

Feb 21 #1291892

If you're not a potential new customer, you mean absolutely nothing to Straight Talk/Net10/TRACFONE. The only thing that matters to them is new money, and even then, if you have a complicated problem during activation or later, as long as they have your money already, it's too bad, so sad, cry to your dad. Straight Talk/Net10/TRACFONE are thieves, modern day pirates.

Feb 21 #1291447

Liars liars as the saying goes liars liars pants on fire. America does not mean it is located there.. India is not the same as USA.. What are all the problems? Throttled down. The FTC and the FCC can sue st all they want but it will not change anything..

EAnderson

Feb 19 #1290714 Redding, California, United States

I've noticed the same problem with GB's disappearing faster than you can use them. I started with 2GB, and it was gone within a few hours. I barely had use of the Internet for 2 days. I bought another 4GB Friday night and see on Sunday morning only 538 MB are left. My account is secure so there's no reason for this to be happening. There is, indeed, something fishy going on here. I had Verizon and rarely went over 12GB a month. With Straighttalk, at this rate, I'll be using 28 GB+ a month, which is absurd. Keep complaining and spread the word about this company.

Feb 14 #1286825 Round Lake, Illinois, United States

I had the same problem bought 2 $40 cards and both of them were gone in about 2 days probably 2 or 3 hours time total. I complain to some woman who could barely speak English and she had no idea what the problem was I will never use them again

Feb 16 #1289267

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

DAG0260

Feb 08 #1283548

OMG!! Had a call from ST in response to my post ONLY to tell me AGAIN they don't have data records and cannot reset my data without another $55 payment!!!!
Fat chance!!! Plus they pissed me off again!! Guess I am back to ATT.

Feb 09 #1283873

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble. You can contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId=41023 for us to assist you with your concern. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

DAG0260

Feb 16 #1289417 Charleston, Missouri, United States

No need for me to contact you Maria from ST, I waited for your rep to contact me as promised and never happened so I took care of the problem myself.....I changed carriers. I refuse to patronize a business that doesn't reciprocate with Some measure of appreciation and customer service. Some thank you for a loyal paying customer of 5 years.
A former StraightTalk customer

Feb 08 #1283527

No records kept, yet they are sure that there is a problem with your phone or an app. Anyone else smell fish?

4 0 Reply

Feb 10 #1284777

Feb 10 #1284778

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Straight Talk Wireless. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Straight Talk Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×