Lied to, given the run around

I bought unlimited minutes as I have for three years, with Straight Talk. My phone died and I was told because I had bought these minutes that I was eligible for one of their free phones. October 7th I called Straight Talk and talked to a woman named Irene. After numerous attempts to get her to understand my situation, and her asking the privacy question on my account, I was told that my phone would be here in three to five days. Oh and she also took my request on what type of shipping I wanted. Fast forward to today. I got another representative and got nowhere and he tranferred me to a manager. The manager (whose English was still not great) was able to tell I had unlimited minutes but nothing about the phone transaction, even though I was able to give her the PIN number and she was also able to tell that I HAD bought the required minutes. Which at this point are useless to me. Over and over she kept stating for me to contact my bank even though I repeatedly told her that the bank at nothing to do with it as I had purchased the minutes with a Visa gift card. The end result is, here i am with health problems, in a rural area with no phone and limited income (which was why I was on Straight Talk in the first place). I believe these people either read from a card or basically tell you what they think you want to hear, no matter how huge a lie it is. Don't waste your money because being a good customer for a number of years means nothing to them.

It never WAS resolved. Don't bother. They will just talk in circles and say why it can't be resolved, none of it making much sense.

Since some of the other companies now have comparable prices in order to compete with Straight Talk, go with one of them.

Absolutely no resolution. They are unwilling to honor what the Customer Service Rep said among other things too numerous to mention. Run around with emails instead of phone calls.

Don't go with Straight Talk if you have a choice.

AND as of today, they just started the same process of asking the same questions AGAIN. They have NO INTEREST in resolving this.

Remember that when you sign up with this company.

It's great until you have to work with Customer Service. Totally unreasonable.

ALL I want is for them to make it right and this seems beyond them.

I am still emailing them and they are still waffling and asking the same questions.

Today, they said there isn't a free phone on the website, so I sent them the link to it.

Amazing what they will say just so they don't have to send it.

As far as resolving things, they don't know the meaning of the words because all they do is

spin a person around in circles.

WTF. The conclusion is that the "phone wasn't purchased successfully".

Well. No duh.

Warning to everyone. Don't hold your breath when they say the "problem will be solved immediately".

I suppose this isn't news to anyone who has had to deal with the company, but, IT WON'T.

Unbelievable. NOW they want me to CALL them again.

I guess I am just going to have to go with this issue being UNRESOLVED as I am NOT going to start the whole phone process that began this whole problem in the first place.

Resolution is EASY. Send me the free phone I ordered with my minutes. It's not rocket science.

It's a FREE phone for cripes sakes and there is proof I bought the minutes for it.

They do not need my serial number to my old phone that is no longer under warranty. They do not need the number of my Vanilla Gift Card as they HAVE that already, per last night when they checked on the payment for my minutes.

It was an unloadable card and I did not keep it, though in retrospect I should have. Anyway, that number is already available to them.

It's stressful and absolutely insane to keep dealing with these people.

They do not understand even the most basic English and I believe they must have a page they have to read from to supposedly solve problems. Something a little more involved is beyond them.

Wow. Just WOW.

I emailed the Straight Talk Resolution Team as requested to try and resolve this issue. This is INSANE. It is the same as when I had numerous phone calls with them as I have had to explain the situation repeatedly. THEN, when I think I am finally understood, they start asking the very SAME questions they did at the beginning of the process!!!!

And the whole thing starts all over again.

I am going to keep TRYING to resolve this for as long as my patience lasts, but it is being stretched to the limit. :( :( :(

Emailing Maria at the email provided. I will keep everyone updated.

It, up until now, has NOT been resolved. :( Amazing what these people can get away with.

View more comments (10)
Kellogg, Minnesota
Pros
  • Nothing except the price
Cons
  • Being lied to
  • Not being understood
  • Getting the run around
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Unbelievable

Ought a new phone, tried to activate, over 5 calls, 10 plus hours doing the same thing again and again, no resolution, refused to replace phone, please dont tell me to call, your call center isa ridiculous waste of time Repe kept getting errors and unable to provide satisfaction Took battery and sim card and turned phone off and on multiple time, they wete unable to get supervisor help, asked for my address at least 10 times Made promises they didnt keep, wasted my time and theirs, this is the worst customer service i have ever experienced, i will be sure to spread the word

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thanks.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Poor customer service

Straight Talk: When using BYOP, they LOCK your phone

I used Straight talk with the Bring You Own Phone (BYOP) option thinking that I could use the $30 monthly service. Unfortunately, Straight talk do not propose this plan with BYOP, just $45 and $60. So I decided to change to another provider. However, I was not able to use my phone that I previously used with Straight Talk because they locked it. While calling the support several times, they denied doing it and let me deal with it. By the way, they are all “supervisor” so you can’t ask for one when you get nowhere with the person you talk to. So, BE AWARE that if you BYOP, it will be locked by THEM and you cannot use it ANYWHERE else.

Hi 92ca3f0!

I am Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. For further assistance, please send us an email to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Please copy, paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email to us.

Thank you!