Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Straight Talk Wireless - Phone Service Review from Lakemont, Georgia

Straight makes everything sound easy about transferring to a new phone but it's not.I was on the phone with them for 15 minutes trying to transfer a number to a new straightalk phone and I got hounded by them with all kinds of questions. I'm shocked they didn't ask me for a urine sample..I got no where with them.So I simple said i will just get a new number and activate this new phone. So I get told I need a service card.Then it all came to me, That's probably why they did what they did.To get more money from me.I got discourage and hung up.I am very unhappy with their customer service.
MariaST

am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved.

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Thanks.

Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service

Straight Talk Wireless - Phone Service Review from Lakemont, Georgia

I dont use my straight talk phone that much so why does the battery keep going dead? And when it is fully charged it says it it dead. Not to mention the errors that keep popping up when I am using my phone. And when I first purchased this phone At walmart not only did they not scan it correctly at the register but when I came back to walmart to fix the problem I had to get a new number.Then. I had to argue for several hours with people Who sounded as though they had taken a crash course in the English language.I have only had this phone under a year. It cuts me off from my unlimited package for the internet and it also calls multiple people at the same time who I have not called. These are throw away phones, horrible service, terrible manners and poor English.Now I have to purchase a new phone because this one is junk. It's nice to know that the consumer is not taken care of or respected by this company. Thank you so little.

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Thanks.

View more comments (1)
Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service
2.4
I decided to go with Straight Talk because it had restrictions on Laptop and Personal Computer tethering, but said nothing about tablets. Their Terms of Service say, and I quote "STRAIGHT TALK UNLIMITED PLANS CANNOT BE USED FOR: any applications that tether your device...
praedon

I sent an email to that. I look forward to a possible resolution/solution.

I'm not interested in abusing unlimited data, or violating a TOS. I just need to use my tablet for small brief amount of times.

I wouldn't even use 1/2 the data of the cheapest hotspot device you sell. I just posted this review because the Terms of Service is extremely misleading, and I feel like I wasted my money.

View more comments
Review
Pros
  • Unlimited plan
  • Price
Cons
  • Misleading terms of service
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Terms of Use
  • misleading terms and conditions

Straight Talk Wireless - Minutes Refill Review from Herrin, Illinois

I tried to refill my minutes & it won't let me on the app, website or by phone. Is it maintenance or what? My phone is not just a luxury it is a necessity being a student & working full-time as a single mother of two young children. Please resolve this issue quickly!!

2.7
I have spent many hours this week on the phone with straight talk because for some reason they put holds on my money instead of just processing it. I spent many hours on the phone with my bank as well to see if they could help me release the holds. They needed straight...

Review
Cons
  • Refusal to help

Straight Talk Wireless - Service Auto Refill Review

Straight Talk steals days of service every year. Due date for auto refill was on 17th in January now down to 12th in November.

that is because it refills every 30 days not every month read the refill .it says 30 days of service and not monthly .i in no way care about straight talk ,but i wish people would actually read when they buy stuff.

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Let me address your concern. Straight Talk service cards are 30 calendar days long. There are seven (7) months out of the year that have 31 days: January, March, May, July, August, October, and December. So, your due date will appear to lose a day each one of these months.

They aren't like contract phones that have the same due date each month. Your service card due date changes because they are 30 days and some months has 31 days, etc. Hope this has answered your issue.

For any other concern, you can email me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Thanks.

View more comments (1)

Straight Talk Wireless - Phone Plan Review from Tampa, Florida

this is one of the worst phone companies I have ever been with I pay 45 a month for unlimited data. and it's like having dial up I can't even do anything on the internet 4G Yeah right nothing but a bunch of fraud

I had a straight talk phone. When I attempted to enter new service card, there were "technical problems" or so I've been told.

Tried talking with managers but kept getting cut off.

Long story short, due to problems entering card, they cut my service and immediately gave my number to someone else. My Dad has Straight Talk and because of this plans to switch companies.

@Mike

Hi Mike. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved.

Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thanks.

View more comments (2)
Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan

Straight Talk Wireless - Straighttalk cust serv is non-existant. If you have a choice, go with another carrier

After adding a $30 plan to my phone, after my $45 plan ran out, my txt msgs were not working properly. I called ST and after they "fixed" the problem, I could no longer use my phone to make calls or txt! I got online to the live Chat, only to have more and more and more problems, and having the cust serv people drop my conversation TWICE, so I had to get back in the *** for another "chat." There is no getting around the brain-dead *** who answer the phone; nobody trains these people, except to tell them to hang up on you. You can;t escalate your call to a supervisor or tech support person; all you can do is play nice with the *** on the other end and hope to God that they get it right once in awhile and your phone works when you are done. I also had problems getting them to fix my voice mail system, which THEY screwed up in the first place. Tomorrow, another plan is set up to be added to my phone (on reserve) and if I have more of these problems tomorrow, I will definitely look for another carrier; I have had far too many problems with these people, and the real problem is that the big wig executives have no concern for customers who leave, because they have such a high profit margin w/using these foreigners and not paying to train them, they could not possibly care less if a few people drop their service... it's a sad, sad world we live in, people, where the greedy get richer, and the honest people can't get ahead...

Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan

Straight Talk Wireless in Kellogg, Minnesota - Lied to, given the run around

2.6
I bought unlimited minutes as I have for three years, with Straight Talk. My phone died and I was told because I had bought these minutes that I was eligible for one of their free phones. October 7th I called Straight Talk and talked to a woman named Irene. After numerous attempts to get her to understand my situation, and her asking the privacy question on my account, I was told that my phone would be here in three to five days. Oh and she also took my request on what type of shipping I wanted. Fast forward to today. I got another representative and got nowhere and he tranferred me to a manager. The manager (whose English was still not great) was able to tell I had unlimited minutes but nothing about the phone transaction, even though I was able to give her the PIN number and she was also able to tell that I HAD bought the required minutes. Which at this point are useless to me. Over and over she kept stating for me to contact my bank even though I repeatedly told her that the bank at nothing to do with it as I had purchased the minutes with a Visa gift card. The end result is, here i am with health problems, in a rural area with no phone and limited income (which was why I was on Straight Talk in the first place). I believe these people either read from a card or basically tell you what they think you want to hear, no matter how huge a lie it is. Don't waste your money because being a good customer for a number of years means nothing to them.

It never WAS resolved. Don't bother. They will just talk in circles and say why it can't be resolved, none of it making much sense.

Since some of the other companies now have comparable prices in order to compete with Straight Talk, go with one of them.

Absolutely no resolution. They are unwilling to honor what the Customer Service Rep said among other things too numerous to mention. Run around with emails instead of phone calls.

Don't go with Straight Talk if you have a choice.

AND as of today, they just started the same process of asking the same questions AGAIN. They have NO INTEREST in resolving this.

Remember that when you sign up with this company.

It's great until you have to work with Customer Service. Totally unreasonable.

ALL I want is for them to make it right and this seems beyond them.

I am still emailing them and they are still waffling and asking the same questions.

Today, they said there isn't a free phone on the website, so I sent them the link to it.

Amazing what they will say just so they don't have to send it.

As far as resolving things, they don't know the meaning of the words because all they do is

spin a person around in circles.

WTF. The conclusion is that the "phone wasn't purchased successfully".

Well. No duh.

Warning to everyone. Don't hold your breath when they say the "problem will be solved immediately".

I suppose this isn't news to anyone who has had to deal with the company, but, IT WON'T.

Unbelievable. NOW they want me to CALL them again.

I guess I am just going to have to go with this issue being UNRESOLVED as I am NOT going to start the whole phone process that began this whole problem in the first place.

Resolution is EASY. Send me the free phone I ordered with my minutes. It's not rocket science.

It's a FREE phone for cripes sakes and there is proof I bought the minutes for it.

They do not need my serial number to my old phone that is no longer under warranty. They do not need the number of my Vanilla Gift Card as they HAVE that already, per last night when they checked on the payment for my minutes.

It was an unloadable card and I did not keep it, though in retrospect I should have. Anyway, that number is already available to them.

It's stressful and absolutely insane to keep dealing with these people.

They do not understand even the most basic English and I believe they must have a page they have to read from to supposedly solve problems. Something a little more involved is beyond them.

Wow. Just WOW.

I emailed the Straight Talk Resolution Team as requested to try and resolve this issue. This is INSANE. It is the same as when I had numerous phone calls with them as I have had to explain the situation repeatedly. THEN, when I think I am finally understood, they start asking the very SAME questions they did at the beginning of the process!!!!

And the whole thing starts all over again.

I am going to keep TRYING to resolve this for as long as my patience lasts, but it is being stretched to the limit. :( :( :(

Emailing Maria at the email provided. I will keep everyone updated.

It, up until now, has NOT been resolved. :( Amazing what these people can get away with.

View more comments (10)
Review
Pros
  • Nothing except the price
Cons
  • Getting the run around
  • Being lied to
  • Not being understood
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Straight Talk Wireless - Defective Phone Review from Saint Paul, Minnesota

Phone will not dail out.missing work.i wish some lawyer would put a law suit out on them.for an america owned company you all ways get philapiinees.cant talk to someone in USA.they are not AMERICAN!!!!!!!!