Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone service customer service customer card number sim card money plan problem
Filter review

Top up was not applied to my service plan

I payed $55 on a straight talk card I entered the pin to top up earlier this week will you verify this information please

User's recommendation: Don’t pay through Chats.

#1992231

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Allow us to check your account. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

Roanoke, Alabama

Very poor service, the box I has was working good you all change box. now this box will not work. I paid money for no service.

The straight box I has was working good, you're said I have to change to update. This straight talk box will not work. I went and brought new phone it still will not work. I have a very sick husband at home who depend on this phone. I am very up set with the service that I have received with this box. you're got my money with no service.
#1992230

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We regret to hear that you are displeased with our product and service. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant and we wish to make it right for you. To assist you, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

Thomson, Georgia

Pissed

called to talk with agent about an issue, ended up with someone with a heavy spanish speaking accent that could hardly speak the english words to understand. Told her that I need to speak with her floor manager,, ended up with another heavy spanish accent. Could not understand most of their words nor a complete sentence.. glad I terminated my service with them
#1992228

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We understand where you are coming from and we apologize for the trouble you have encountered with our customer service. Should you need assistance, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

You may also text HELP to 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Darien, Georgia
I bought 3 phones from straight talk within 2 years of service with the company. The 3rd phone I bought online from the company. The phone lasted 1 week, then complete blackout. It took 2 days to finally get it going again. It worked for 1 day then blackout again.....
#1992227

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you. Please allow us to review your account and further investigate what happened with your phone service. For assistance, copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

Elizabethtown, Illinois

The name on my phone doesn’t match the name I gave

My name is king david jihad el I just bought the phone not even a month and I Activated the phone I told them my name is King david el I went to western union and wouldnt process my payment beacause they said the name doesnt match I need this fix please n thank you

User's recommendation: Fix my name on the account please.

#1992223

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your account. Allow us take a look into what's going on. Please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

#1992222

View more comments (1)
ID
#2420314 Review #2420314 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Columbus, Ohio

Bought LG premier pro

Straight Talk Wireless - Bought LG premier pro
I bought that phone not even 3 months ago and it has a nonremovable battery witches ruined does not work phone has stay on charger start leaking on the back of my phone it's ruining my whole system think there's a recall on it I haven't known that I wouldn't bout it and they want you to buy warranty for those phones which should come with at least manage a factory warranty non-removable battery

User's recommendation: Probably not phones are *** but service is great.

#1992221

Hi Lee B. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry to hear that you have issues with your device. To assist you, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

ID
#2419877 Review #2419877 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Junior Reviewer

Resolved: CHARGED ME WITHOUT AUTO REFILL

Update by user Mar 16, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Update by user Mar 16, 2021

I received my refund, then received a letter stating that they were upgrading their home service and the home phone box I just purchased not a year ago will no longer work.This complaint has been resolved.I NO LONGER HAVE HOME PHONE SERVICE THROUGH THEM.

Update by user Feb 10, 2021

A lot of wasted time with the representatives.

Original review posted by user Feb 09, 2021
I received a receipt from Straight talk saying that they had refilled my service through auto refill. I do not have auto refill, I do not have a credit card listed for auto refill, I do not have the home phone box listed on my account, nor do I have any payments listed on my account. I called to be reimbursed for the money, was hung up on by 2 representatives and 1 representative that would only ask questions but would never answer, how they were able to charge me when I DO NOT HAVE AUTO REFILL, I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD LISTED FOR AUTO REFILL BUT THEY ARE ABLE JUST TO TAKE SOMEONES MONEY. Well, after a while of dealing with him, he finally transferred me to someone else, that I was just hung up on because I had asked the same questions and telling them I wanted my money back. I want my money back and I want these questions answered. I went on my account and printed out everything, no payment list from Sept. 1, 2020 to Feb. 9, 2021, no credit card information is listed for auto refill, no home phone box that I purchased from Straight talk is listed as being on my account or listed as being active with auto refill. So apparently, using my credit card to purchase the home phone box, they kept the information for themselves to use and charge as they please. I want a refund of my monies to my credit card account.

User's recommendation: FIND ANOTHER COMPANY, THEIR PANTS HAVE GOTTEN TO BIG.

Loss
Full refund

Trying to connect phone

Lost my old phone bought a new one and they were great they helped me transfer my number to my new phone thank you very much
#1983145

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Thank you for doing business with us. We appreciate your loyalty and we're glad that you are satisfied with the service that we offer. Should you need assistance, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

Spokane, Washington

Verified Reviewer

I can't call out or receive calls with phone just got and activated today why is that

I am highly displeased because I need my communication. Now I must keep talking when I don't want to.Will my plan lose its validity on the month since I have not had any services I paid for?

User's recommendation: Have direct route for newly brought and activated. phones.

#1981217

Hi Keith G. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the trouble that you have encountered with your phone. To assist you, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

#1979924

If the call is urgent, use a payphone

View more comments (1)
Service
Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan
Pros
  • Phone and service plan
Cons
  • Not acceptable to 1st time user
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Billing for services I no longer have!

Update by user Mar 03, 2021

My credit card is refusing to pay..

Original review posted by user Feb 01, 2021
Back in 2020 I cancelled My account and went to Spectrum, However, Straight talk wouldn't port My tel. to Spectrum, and they kept charging Me for the service. I talked to a Rep, and He ported the No. to Spectrum, and now I'm paying Spectrum now that My no. has been ported. The Straight talk Rep said I would no longer be billed for it. Unfortunately, Every Month I am billed. I didn't give them My discover card account no. and didn't authorize them to bill Me. This has to be resolved, I get no satisfaction from Straight talk.Good lucki with doing business with them.

User's recommendation: Beware!

#1981218

Hi Janet M. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Allow us to correct the situation. To assist you, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

There's no way I used up 2 gigs in one day

There's no way I used up 2 gigs, and the ethernet phone service to India was horrible. I will never use Straight Talk. again.nn

User's recommendation: never use Straight Talk.

#1981219

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the your sudden data usage. Please allow us to investigate your account. To assist you, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

Baltimore, Maryland

Update by user Feb 27, 2021

They never ported My No. to Spectrum, so My credit card Co.

refused payment. I was told more than once that it was canceled, but it never was..

Original review posted by user Jan 28, 2021
All they did was let Me know that they received the E- mail. I find it's very difficult to get a hold of them. When I check the chat, there is no option for My problem.
#1981222

Hi Janet M. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry to displeased you. Please allow us to resolve your concerns. To assist you, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

New Port Richey, Florida

CAN NOT GET A HOLD OF A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP!

My phone doesn't have service and I am trying to give straight talk my new credit card information to get my phone activated again!!Can not get a code from text because my phone is not activated. Send code to email and not text! This has taken all day!

User's recommendation: Send code in email and not text.

#1981223

Hi Alanie. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the trouble that you have encountered in trying to contact us. This is not the experience we want for our customers. To assist you, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

ID
Cons
  • Usa representatives hard to reach
Reactivate my phone

Scamming

Ordered a phone on Straightalk and processed my order only for THEM to cancel it a couple hours later and keep my money. $250+ Taken and non refunded for something they canceled and didnt even notify me in advance

User's recommendation: Please do not buy from them!

#1981225

Hi Brandon D. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. To further address your concern, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

ID
Cons
  • Losing my time and waiting to have a phone that works
  • Bills are wrong
  • Paying for thier mistake
Loss
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

I called a rep and He told Me My account was cancelled, but I am still receiving bills.

I went to another service, so I called Straight Talk to cancel My account. I was unable to get voice mail with My new server, so I called Straight Talk again, and they resolved that issue. I thought I was all set, because the rep said I wouldn't be billed any more, but I keep getting billed.

User's recommendation: If You have Straight Talk, and want to cancel, You are in for a rough ride!!

#1981236

Hi Janet M. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the trouble that you have encountered with service. To assist you, chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.