Filter by rating :
131 of 1918 reviews with 3-star rating. Clear filter
filters
2.5
Please beware of straight talk, tried to have my number switched over to my new phone, called straight talk they had me to buy a sim card kit than they told me the phone would not work in my area. But I gave them the zip code before hand, so now they want say it want...

Wow! Your grammar is perfect! Everything in your post made perfect sense.

View more comments
Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service
Pros
  • Unlimited plan
Cons
  • Rudeness of customer service
  • Customer service
  • Being lied to
Full refund

Straight Talk Wireless - Phone Service Review from Walnut Hill, Florida

3.0
I got a $45 service activation kit from walmart (payed $60 in all) I tried to activate my phone several times. Then costomer service was called. They where of no help. Ive trued using every option to try and get my phone to work. If keeps saying "No Service" after i've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING. Thats $60 spent for COMPLETLY NOTHING. i am beyond pissed.
MariaST

Hi, I am from Straight Talk Wireless. Sorry for the trouble.

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Thanks.

Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service

Straight Talk Wireless - Phone Service Review from Findlay, Ohio

2.9
I have been a straight talk customer for a year and a half now. After my experience of being hung up on, spoken to in a hostile manner, threatened, and denied access to speak with a manager; all I can say is that if you just need a cheap service with no one to help you, this service will work. I will be moving on from pre-paid services. There is no one in person to help, and you have no weight as the customer. I am not insane enough to actually be indirectly paying for someone to mistreat me. Customer Service knows that they can get away with this type of out of control behavior because the call centers are located outside the U.S.
MariaST

Hi customercourtney. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved. You can send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.

2.5
When I first switched to straight talk it was from Verizon Wireless.. and if it weren't for the higher prices with my previous carrier I would have most definitely stayed. A couple things that really irritated me is when I first went to activate my new phone for...

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Sorry for the trouble. For your issue or concern, you can send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com for assistance.

Just include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Thanks.

Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Activation
Pros
  • Call quality
  • Mobile internet speed
Cons
  • Billing practices
  • Customer service
Tags
  • Poor customer serivce
2.8
I have been a Straight Talk user for years with really no issues. But now I am very pissed. I've had the same phone number for several years and all my clients and friends from all over the world have me at that number. I recently had to order a new phone and the...
MariaST

Hi russhulme. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Sorry for the trouble. Let me help you. Please send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com for assistance your with your issue.

Tags
  • Lost Number

Issues with "Straight Talk Resolution" service. | Straight Talk Wireless review from Plainview, Minnesota

2.8
Wow. Just WOW. I emailed the Straight Talk Resolution Team as requested to try and resolve this issue. This is INSANE. It is the same as when I had numerous phone calls with them as I have had to explain the situation repeatedly. THEN, when I think I am finally understood, they start asking the very SAME questions they did at the beginning of the process!!!! And the whole thing starts all over again. I am going to keep TRYING to resolve this for as long as my patience lasts, but it is being stretched to the limit. :( :( :( This started when I had submitted a review last month.

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Thanks.

Review
Cons
  • Customer service
Deliver product or service ordered
2.6
Customer service provider asked me to wait 3-5 days for a sims card or purchase one of my own... For the convenience of me... I went and purchased one for 65.00... The phone was working for 4 days it cut off. Spoke with another rep and she said they could do nothing...

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Sorry for the trouble. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

2.7
I have spent many hours this week on the phone with straight talk because for some reason they put holds on my money instead of just processing it. I spent many hours on the phone with my bank as well to see if they could help me release the holds. They needed straight...

Review
Cons
  • Refusal to help

Lied to, given the run around | Straight Talk Wireless review from Kellogg, Minnesota

2.6
I bought unlimited minutes as I have for three years, with Straight Talk. My phone died and I was told because I had bought these minutes that I was eligible for one of their free phones. October 7th I called Straight Talk and talked to a woman named Irene. After numerous attempts to get her to understand my situation, and her asking the privacy question on my account, I was told that my phone would be here in three to five days. Oh and she also took my request on what type of shipping I wanted. Fast forward to today. I got another representative and got nowhere and he tranferred me to a manager. The manager (whose English was still not great) was able to tell I had unlimited minutes but nothing about the phone transaction, even though I was able to give her the PIN number and she was also able to tell that I HAD bought the required minutes. Which at this point are useless to me. Over and over she kept stating for me to contact my bank even though I repeatedly told her that the bank at nothing to do with it as I had purchased the minutes with a Visa gift card. The end result is, here i am with health problems, in a rural area with no phone and limited income (which was why I was on Straight Talk in the first place). I believe these people either read from a card or basically tell you what they think you want to hear, no matter how huge a lie it is. Don't waste your money because being a good customer for a number of years means nothing to them.

It never WAS resolved. Don't bother. They will just talk in circles and say why it can't be resolved, none of it making much sense.

Since some of the other companies now have comparable prices in order to compete with Straight Talk, go with one of them.

Absolutely no resolution. They are unwilling to honor what the Customer Service Rep said among other things too numerous to mention. Run around with emails instead of phone calls.

Don't go with Straight Talk if you have a choice.

AND as of today, they just started the same process of asking the same questions AGAIN. They have NO INTEREST in resolving this.

Remember that when you sign up with this company.

It's great until you have to work with Customer Service. Totally unreasonable.

ALL I want is for them to make it right and this seems beyond them.

I am still emailing them and they are still waffling and asking the same questions.

Today, they said there isn't a free phone on the website, so I sent them the link to it.

Amazing what they will say just so they don't have to send it.

As far as resolving things, they don't know the meaning of the words because all they do is

spin a person around in circles.

WTF. The conclusion is that the "phone wasn't purchased successfully".

Well. No duh.

Warning to everyone. Don't hold your breath when they say the "problem will be solved immediately".

I suppose this isn't news to anyone who has had to deal with the company, but, IT WON'T.

Unbelievable. NOW they want me to CALL them again.

I guess I am just going to have to go with this issue being UNRESOLVED as I am NOT going to start the whole phone process that began this whole problem in the first place.

Resolution is EASY. Send me the free phone I ordered with my minutes. It's not rocket science.

It's a FREE phone for cripes sakes and there is proof I bought the minutes for it.

They do not need my serial number to my old phone that is no longer under warranty. They do not need the number of my Vanilla Gift Card as they HAVE that already, per last night when they checked on the payment for my minutes.

It was an unloadable card and I did not keep it, though in retrospect I should have. Anyway, that number is already available to them.

It's stressful and absolutely insane to keep dealing with these people.

They do not understand even the most basic English and I believe they must have a page they have to read from to supposedly solve problems. Something a little more involved is beyond them.

Wow. Just WOW.

And the whole thing starts all over again.

Emailing Maria at the email provided. I will keep everyone updated.

It, up until now, has NOT been resolved. :( Amazing what these people can get away with.

View more comments (10)
Review
Pros
  • Nothing except the price
Cons
  • Getting the run around
  • Not being understood
  • Being lied to
Deliver product or service ordered

Unbelievable | Straight Talk Wireless review from Fredericksburg, Virginia

2.5
Ought a new phone, tried to activate, over 5 calls, 10 plus hours doing the same thing again and again, no resolution, refused to replace phone, please dont tell me to call, your call center isa ridiculous waste of time Repe kept getting errors and unable to provide satisfaction Took battery and sim card and turned phone off and on multiple time, they wete unable to get supervisor help, asked for my address at least 10 times Made promises they didnt keep, wasted my time and theirs, this is the worst customer service i have ever experienced, i will be sure to spread the word

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thanks.