phone service customer service customer card number sim card money plan problem

Very poor customer service. | Straight Talk Wireless review from Stone Mountain, Georgia

At this point I am pass frustration with Straight Talk. I have been a customer for over two years. all of a sudden I am not able to receive any text. I have spent over 11 hours on the phone with their customer no service department / technical support and the results are the same. I am to the point where I have to take my service to another carrier. I called Straight Talk to get the unlock code to my phone and I was told by a very rude person in loss prevention, who would not give me his name, that the current phone I am using was purchased less than 1 year ago and therefore he is not able to give me the unlock code. I can't remember when I received worse customer service from a company. I will be ending my phone service with Straight Talk even if I have to purchase another phone from the new vendor. At this point - Straight Talk should act in good faith and give me the unlock code to my phone. I purchased this phone from Wal-Mart and I am not under a contract. Base on my experience, the leadership at Straight Talk have ethical issues.

Calling for help from STRAIGHT TALK is useless. I pay for unlimited service and supposed to have Nationwide coverage.

I can tell you no service in PA if in a rural area. No service in AZ at all. No service in UT unless at 9600 feet elevation. Now I am in MI and no service again.

I called and got 3 different IDIOTS with broken English who tried to tell me unless I am in the zip code where the phone was activated I was roaming and my contract did not allow for roaming. I asked repeatedly for someone who could speak English and was told there was no one there. I am sick of STRAIGHT TALK. I cannot wait to get home to Indiana and get a new phone and wireless carrier.

I am just not sure of who to get since I travel quite a bit. Another thing about them is if you buy the card to load your minutes for next month, you have to wait till you have no service you will loose days unless you sit and wait for Customer Service and ask for it to be placed in reserve or you.

@Mary A

I am Maria and I work for Straight Talk Wireless. We can fix this problem right away.

Send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and please include your name, cell phone number or serial number and contact number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

MariaST

Hi, this is Maria with Straight Talk Wireless. I read your post and am sorry that you are having problems.

Please send me your contact information to the following email address ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. We can help you get the problem resolved right away.

Please include your name, phone serial number or cell phone number. Just copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

View more comments (2)
Straight Talk Wireless Technical Support
In December 2013 I purchased a Straight Talk phone. Circa March 2014 my phone had an issue where it was indicating it was charging when it was not plugged it and thus draining my battery much faster than it should throughout the day. I called Straight Talk about my...

View more comments
Straight Talk Wireless Technical Support

Straight Talk Customer Support is NON EXISTANT | Straight Talk Wireless review

They have THE WORST customer support of any cellular company I have ever dealt with. It is seemingly impossible to even get a human being to talk to. Phones go forever without being activated. I used their website to activate the account and and NOTHING.... I called in and only get their automated system, which is absolutely no help. It just keeps saying cut your phone off and on and make a call....if not able, wait an hour, and call back in.....because we really want the same worthless message restated over and over....a loop of stupidity. I am so sorry I chose this company. They really are without customer support of any kind...imho. How the *** do you get a human being when calling this outfit? Yep....THEY SUCK!
MariaST

I was about to give up on my phone until I found this email address for Straight Talk and they actually fixed all my problems. Now, I am glad I decided to give it another try.

Send them your name, cell number and serial number. The email address is ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with them live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

They will help you.

Tags
  • Straight Talk sucks

No service | Straight Talk Wireless review from Oxford, Massachusetts

I purchased a phone on 7/1/2014 and it did not work. I spent over 12 hours with customer service and they could not make it work. Customer service experience was extremely poor. They wanted me to pay to ship the phone back to them and then told me they would not replace the phone but rather send me a new sim card. They had already sent me 2 sim cards. They did not fix the problem. I asked for my money back and they said no! I asked for them to transfer the 30 minutes to my other straight talk phone and again they said no!!!!?? After 22 days and over 12 hours of dealing with incompetenet customer service reps, I gave up and told them to keep the 30 dollars. I will go through verizon or metro pcs, or att! Never have I encountered such poor customer service!!

They will help you.

MariaST

Hi, my name is Maria and I work with Straight Talk Wireless. I noticed your complaint on this blog and I want to help you.

Just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number and we will resolve your issue right away.

Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. Email your info to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

View more comments (1)
Review
I just bought straight talk home from Wal mart, having trouble activating the serial number. Drex: Hi Dave. Thank you for visiting Straight Talk Wireless. I will be assisting you today. Dave: 268435461400456689 Dave: why is this not working? this is the second time...
MariaST

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

I need some transver
MariaST

Hi! My name is Maria, and I work with Straight Talk Wireless.

So we can better assist you, just send me your name, contact number and your phone serial number or cell number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email.

Email your info to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com, or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW. Thanks!

View more comments
Straight Talk Wireless Service Transfer

Update on previous post....Not Right | Straight Talk Wireless review

ok...I have to update this situation that I posted.....I finally gave in and activated the so called replacement phone they sent me.( by the way no front camera even) well...sure enough 3 days later the volume does not work. I slammed the dang phone and it is now in pieces. I went to prepaid Verizon with the moto g phone and I am thankful...so very thankful to have to never deal with straight talk again. Yes I will have to pay a little extra for data but by the time I have to replace a phone, deal with straight talk customer service and all the problems I have had it is worth every penny... Good Luck to all you straight talk people. I am over it !!!
Straight Talk Wireless Replacement

It overheats and cuts off. | Straight Talk Wireless review

I have to strap it to the front of a fan for it to run continuously. It is supposed to be a mobile device, but I can't use it on the patio or picnic table or anywhere that is not air-conditioned. That includes my car when I am not running the air conditioner. I had a wifi device from Verizon (on contract) and it did not have a problem like this. I am taking it back to Walmart to see if they will exchange it for another. I hope this is not a problem with all these units. It gets hot to the touch, not too hot to hold.

No Service and No help from Straight Talk! | Straight Talk Wireless review

My husband has been on straight talk for almost 4 years and has never had an issue with his phone until he purchased the ZTE 2796C. For the last month we have called the service department which we found out today is in Honduras, trying to resolve the issue, but every time we have called they send him through a series of trouble shooting that has not worked, and ultimately told that the problem was with the phone, and that he would have to call back and talk to someone else to verify that Verizon was not having issues with their towers that could be interrupting his service. We have talked to 11 different people, and 3 said that they were supervisors. They have agreed to finally send him a new phone, however we have to send his back first, and once they receive it, they will verify that there is an issue with the phone and send him a new one. This is crazy. He has gone all month dealing with lost calls, missed messages, and spotty service. It has been a major run around going nowhere. They were supposed to send us directions on how to send his phone back, which we still haven't received, and will probably have to call again tomorrow. He has had the phone for 4 months now, and they wont give him is money back because it has been over 30 days, and quite frankly at this point I would rather just cut my loses and go with a different carrier.

Loss

Straight talk year plan data speeds... | Straight Talk Wireless review from Sierra Vista, Arizona

Don't bother saving some money with the year plan with Straight talk. Their current system only allows for your 3G speeds to last until you add another service plan (month card). So instead of having 3GB of 3G speeds a month you have 3GB for the year... That's a big difference. The only way to fix this problem is once a month call them and have them deactivate and reactivate your phone.... The process takes about 30 minutes to an hour to do. Save yourself some time and trouble and just do the $45 monthly plan and have auto refill.
Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan