Filter by rating :
filters

Straight Talk Ripped Me Off Too | Straight Talk Wireless review from Columbia, South Carolina

I purchased a BYOP activation kit from Wal Mart, for $64.67. When my son tried to transfer from Verizon to Straight Talk, we were put through the ringer. We had been online and provided the info that they ask for, to determine compatibility and eligibility, of his phone. Everything checked out fine so, we bought the kit. He went online to initiate the process, establish an account, did everything that they ask, and submitted the request. When it did not go through, he tried again and was told that his activation number had been used and he needed to purchase another sim card to activate. I, then, spent two hours on the phone trying to convince a rep to make this right only to have her tell me over and over that his phone was "ineligible" for transfer. She finally initiated the procedure, which ported his number and disconnected his service from Verizon but, never gave him service with Straight Talk. Though service was never active, his online account showed that there were,only 24 hrs of service left and he would need to purchase another access card! I got on the phone, the next day, and got more run-around. The person that I spoke to, this time, wanted us to wait for two days for them to send another sim card. This was not an option so, I asked them to connect, using CDMA. This failed, too! The representative insisted that his phone would not work with their network, because their signal was is weak in our area and the solution would be to purchase one of their phones. We decided to go back to our, original, carrier. Now, Straight Talk and Wal Mart are refusing us a refund, on the "technicality" that the kit has been activated, and not eligible for a refund!!!! We never got "ONE" min of service we feel like our money was taken. Shouldn't activation be the point at which one, actually, has service?

shut straight talk out!!!!! we want our money back now or fixed the problem!!!!

@fort worth tx

Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

MariaST

Hi, this is Maria and I work for Straight Talk. I can help you get this resolved right away.

Please email us your contact information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Include your name, contact number, cell phone or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW .

View more comments (2)
Straight Talk Wireless Service Transfer
Loss

Bad Internet Service Review

Straight talk you're internet just plain sucks
Review
had this problem for 8 months now st customer support is the worst ive ever dealt with. they wont tell you what it is its always tower problem. that's a lie, my wife uses them also but can send text just fine, so tell me its a tower problem. customer support people are...

And our bills will shoot up, no thanks, if I wanted that I would stay with Verizon. By the way, you should buy a cdma phone from straight talk if you want good tower coverage, it's verizon's.

View more comments

No protection against cell phone theft | Straight Talk Wireless review

I will never recommend straightalk to anybody as the company does not protect its customers from cell phone identity theft or some sort of scam the company has not addressed. My phone account, cell phone number and personal information were stolen through this company, probably an inside job. After many complaints to the company and no action, Corporate told me that it is out of their hands. When you pay a service, you trust the company with your personal information. That information is private, and they have to protect it. Now I feel vulnerable and violated thanks to straighttalk. I live my life checking my credit and obsessed with the idea that there is someone out there with my personal information because the company's carelessness and, in my view, they are part of some sort of scam. I am not the only straightalk customer that has experienced this horrible and terrifying situation, and in my opinion, it is not worth it.
MariaST

Hi, this is Maria with Straight Talk. I read your post and am sorry that you are having problems.

Please send me your contact information to the following email address ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. We can help you get the problem resolved right away.

Please include your name, phone serial number or cell phone number. Just copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW .

Cell Phone Review

Extremely awful company. No other company in america would survive if so bad. I am on the third phone in less than a month and these people are crooks too.
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Straight Talk Wireless - Internet Service Review

Terrible internet since supposed 3g system up grade be nice to use the service I pay for

Straight Talk Wireless Internet Service
I can't get on Facebook, it won't allow me to open videos . this is not the.first time i've had these problems, ever since i switched my phone over to straight talk its been one problem after another.

Activation required. | Straight Talk Wireless review

bought a straight talk phone model lg538g. still sayin activation required. after 2 days you'd think it would be working. i gonna sue straight talk. they're scamming people on some of their phones. that's illegal. hope straight talk sees this post. my name is jerry. am highly ticked. i need it for work. i am a truck driver and it is essential to my job. so that being said they are warned and i suggest anyone who has had the same problem join me and file a class action suet. maybe they get on the ball and take care of these issues.

Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Activation
Loss

Review from Bisbee, Arizona | Straight Talk Wireless review

Rip off...they offer a discount, then don't honor it..left me a message about $23 credit then never received it...ripoff

Straight Talk Wireless - Junk Phone Review from Tampa, Florida

Time constantly jumps around by six hours even with auto sync of and manually setting it. Factory reset does not help even if i do not reinstall anything. This phone is junkand it was $$$ when i purchased it.