Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone service customer service customer card number sim card money plan problem
Filter review

Ripping buyers off

I spoke to Vincent Terojas sale rep at the preserve at Medina community. He was desperate to get my $1000 earnest money. He guaranteed that I will get my earnest money back if I didn't get the interest rate that I wanted with their lender. I knew right away he was lying, that is so untrue. I request to have a pre-qualification statement, but he refuse and stated that I had to give $1,000 Ernest money first to get a pre-qualification statement from their lender. I was advised by co-workers to stay away from him. He was very shady and very crooked. I was actually supposed to speak to Daniel Martinez but Vincent stepped in right away and took over. I thought he was okay until he kept asking me and asking me to ask me for the earnest money. And guaranteed I will get it back if I didn't get the interest rate I wanted from their lender. Now I knew exactly what coworkers were warning me about him. Stay away from him. You will regret it.

User's recommendation: No earnest money, got lender pre qualification letter first, than give earnest money if it meets your satisfactions.

#1902851

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience that you have encountered with our service. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant. Allow us to make it right for you. To further assist you, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#2074350 Review #2074350 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Floresville, Texas

Gone to the dogs

Straight Talk Wireless - Gone to the dogs
Update by user Aug 18, 2020

I'm now very happy using AT&T as my service provider.Straight Talk never got in touch other than highly scripted and inappropriate social media responses.It's just TracFone (Straight Talk is a TracFone brand) doing what TracFone does best - flipping off the customer.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2020
I've had Straight Talk for about 5 years and they have been pretty good. It's always been impossible to get hold of customer service but that's the same with every phone provider I've ever had. I liked and kept using Straight Talk because of the data. I could turn my phone into a hotspot at an instant and use the data for which I pay on my laptop. Well, I've not had to do that in a while but I liked the backup of being able to do that in an emergency. A few days ago I discovered they have pulled a fast one. I never heard anything about it but now apparently the data can only be used on my phone - I can't use it as a hotspot any more. Worse than that even - unless I pay $55 a month for a connection that only gets me 10GB of hotspot data, I can't really use the data I do get. Who wants to mess about with pokey little phone screens for data etc? Not only have they done this but they also did away with my actual hotspot. I have a Straight Talk pocket hotspot and now they won't support that at all. The best they can do is to offer me $40 off the price of a new phone. I'm really pissed about this - I bought an iPhone from them just 8 months ago. Now I'm going to have to change phone providers. I doubt my phone will be transferable. More money out as I'll have to buy another phone! The whole point of a phone service that provides data is to be able to use that data. It should not matter whether I'm using it on the phone or on a tablet or on anything else. I have purchased data. Now they want to restrict how I use what I've purchased. Straight Talk is now a company I would not buy a used car from. Expect them to start issuing shares in Brooklyn Bridge soon...

User's recommendation: Do NOT buy Straight Talk.

Hi Rhys S. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

@MariaST

Use our self service menu. That means that you will do precisely NOTHING.

Nothing was ever achieved through the menu of some phone system. Whether I waste my time talking to you or not, you will doubtless continue with your dishonest practices and will not fix the problem. "Our representative" likely means some minimum wage serf in India who has zero power to change anything. This is a complaint about corporate dishonesty that cannot be fixed by dialling 1-800-timewaster.

All your response so far tells me is - we want to take this out of the public sphere, waste your time and provide no solution. You are on borrowed time.

My last pre-pay payment was on July 2nd. That means I have ten days approximately left of your miserable company before I switch providers.

#1912315
@Rhys S

Hi, Rhys S. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO, or text the word Chat to short code 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Mondays to Sundays from 08:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

View more comments (2)
ID
#2066241 Review #2066241 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan
Pros
  • Available in walmart
Cons
  • Unavailable customer service
  • Deceitful
Preferred solution
Put the data back as it was.

Lies from associates!!!!!!!!

Purchased Samsung S8 on 8/9/19. On 7/10/20 the screen turned white while I was using it. I did all the trouble shooting to no avail. Called customer service the following day and talked a lady named Elizabeth. After explaining my situation with my ph, telling her I've only had it for 11 months she assured me they will send me a NEW ph. On the 13 called cust service back as I failed to ask when to expect my NEW ph or get any kind of service #. This time I talked to Juan Carlos, he told me I would receive a box within 3 to 5 days in which to return my old ph and upon receiving it my New ph would be sent via Fed X immediately. I might add I purchased a S9 in May 2020 for my mother and on the 11th after talking to the 1st associate (Elizabeth) I ordered a cheaper ph to use as I truly needed a ph now. It is a Samsung Galaxy A50 for $299. My Samsung S8 was on sale at the time I purchased for for $400. The Samsung S9 that was purchased 2 months ago was $535. .I received the Galaxy within 2 days, great no problem. However yesterday 7/16 I received a plain box with a REFURBISHED S8 phone, this was to be my NEW replacement ph. It wasn't even a Straight Talk Box. At no time did anyone tell me I was getting someone else's broken phone that had been returned and may or may not work. I don't even want to think about who had it before me or how many ppl touched it. Hello PPL COVID19!!!!!! I have never purchased a Used Phone. I called customer service immediately and talked to an associate (Jocel). She actually informed me that once you purchase their phones and activate them you only have a 15 day warranty on that phone.WHAT!!!!!! Needless to say while it's not necessarily the associates fault I was Irate. I asked to speak to a supervisor and got the same answer, then asked for another same rehearsed answer. I talked to 6 people last night before asking to speak to the manager and then was told the managers do not speak with customers. So I asked to speak to the GOD OF STRAIGHT TALK.!!!!!!! This family has been customers since 2013 and in the last 11 months I've spent over $1300 on phones through Straight Talk and doesn't include monthly service fees.. THIS FAMILY IS SWITCHING PHONE SERVICE. .

User's recommendation: Don't even let the idea enter your mind...

Hi Caitlin B. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience this may have caused. Allow us to make it right for you. To further assist you, please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.

@MariaST

I did shortly after your comment, and was given the same responses as before.

View more comments (1)
ID
#2061955 Review #2061955 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Unreliable customer care

Need to replace phone

My phone is under insurance and warranty and I'm having trouble with my phone what the screen I mean to replace it but I need to find out how to do it

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry to hear about it. Let us take a closer look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To further assist you, please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

ID
#2011543 Review #2011543 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Livingston, New Jersey

Poor Service

I have called several times to try to get a hold of my package and neither FedEx nor straight talk as helped me both have sent me to each other for help. I do understand that I missed my drop off but i delivery never had I time the email told me by 6:pm on Sunday, June 21st my package would arrive. I was at work when it did and I need this package I am willing to pick it up FedEx told me only straight talk can allow me to pick up or have it delivered again to my location so someone please help me!

ID
#2002768 Review #2002768 is a subjective opinion of poster.

This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter

Verified Reviewer

Worst tech support team i have ever experienced in my life

my son has ST service,me to, recently he needed to upgrade phones from a cheap LG phone to a used samsung galaxy note 5 from ebay..bought a 55 dollar 30 day service pin to get a sim card for the note 5( this all our local walmart had to get a sims card) after many painful hours on phone with tech support finally got note 5 activated but they did not switch his current number 706-988-**** from the LG to the note.5..they added a new number to the note 706-371-**** ?? we requested keep your old number ? they claimed old number could not be saved , was lost in process, yet the old LG phone still had call out service on 706-988-****? called many times,each time the tech says they have no recognition of the old number/ how can this be/ the damn number is still in service? also don't know if the 55 dollar 1 month service was added to his new number/ he previously had auto-refill? whole family is thinking about switching to verizon?!!

User's recommendation: stay away from straight talk..customer service is the worst experience ever!!

Hi wayne m. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience we have caused you. We understand where you are coming. Let us look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

@MariaST

you reps.are, unprofessional,poorly trained,rude,can't speak clearl english,talk too fast, i spoke with several supposedly supervisor personnel-my son even had his phone unexpectedly turned off last week!!! the rep.

told him his new number had been reported STOLEN!!! what the ?????? 706-371-**** was the number i was given with my sims upgrade ?? he should be given a free months service for his inconvenience??one big issue i have with your service is the reps.

can't identify my ACCOUNT from my PHONE NUMBER????? please explain that one to me please????

#1912313
@PissedConsumer1888854

Hi, PissedConsumer1888854. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Total customer satisfaction is determined by variety of factors, but none is more important than the customer's experience. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience with our customer service. Please allow us another opportunity to mend our relationship back into good standing. For security reasons, we highly suggest to edit/modify your review because it contained your Straight Talk phone number.

For assistance, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO, or text the word Chat to short code 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Mondays to Sundays from 08:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

View more comments (2)
ID
#1995593 Review #1995593 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Activation
Pros
  • Good service
  • Have used straight talk for 10 years
Cons
  • Lack of tech support
  • Tech support
  • Poor tech support
Preferred solution
fix my unrsollved phone issues

Ten days later no hot spot

I bought the 55 plan witch I have done for ever since they have had it had few problems with hot spot before but I would call them they would click some keys and Wala is back on but not this time of been talking to or should I say if been talking they been hanging up on me and I don't cuss butt if I could get my hands on on of them people i have been working on this 6 days now it's crazy I'm getting away from straight talk *** quick *** I can

User's recommendation: Just don't you don't need the aggravation a.

Hi Mary A. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We understand where you are coming. Allow us to look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#1974161 Review #1974161 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
I never get anything from that company

Very happy with service

I have no issues with straight talk their service is excellent

Hi Christopher L.This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. We really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for letting us know how you find our service. We are happy to know that you are happy. Should you feel the need to reach out to us, just chat with us at http://bit.ly/2lFFpmo.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.Have a nice day.

ID
#1973055 Review #1973055 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Decent service for the money
  • Love unlimited data
  • Phone is very nice for the price
No issues

No resolution

I have been with Straight Talk for approximately ten years. My number is 865-556-****. I have my whole family using Straight Talk. I've never had an issue before. I purchased a Stylo5 phone in November at Walmart and had it activated. My father and mother also purchased this phone my father had problems immediately and returned his phone. I am using my old phone right now while waiting to resolve this issue. I sent in my Stylo 5 phone as requested by your customer service they sent me a Stylo 4 already the battery is draining down even though I have not even put it to use yet or have it activated yet. I have spent countless hours on the phone I have been aggravated to no end with this customer service some are good most are terrible. I've been put on hold for two hours by one of your customer agents playing games pretending like he's helping me when he's really not with dogs barking in the background and roosters crowing and periodically him crinkling some paper and then running off again what kind of garbage is this? I just want my Stylo 5 back I did not purchase a Stylo 4 there is a difference I've looked it up. The battery life is not good on the Stylo 4. This has been nothing but aggravation to me. I'm seriously seriously thinking about switching companies and and letting everyone know what a terrible company this is. If you will look back in November you can see where I turned on a Stylo 5 and just a few weeks ago I activated my old phone again which is a sky Pro 7 all I want is my Stylo 5 back that's all I'm asking if that's not too much.

Hi Helga J. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered with our service. We’d like to speak with you to fully investigate your case and straighten things out. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. We are looking forward to work with you.

ID
#1971728 Review #1971728 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • No contract
Cons
  • Service is very poor very verry poor

Payed 55 doller for my hotspot and nothing

Pay ed for hotspot did not get it got to use it for 2 days and they took it away if I would have known this I would not have spent 55 dollers on this card tired ov complaining to straight talk start complaining to Walmart there the ones selling us this crap

User's recommendation: No way that do not rate -5 Stars.

Hi Bob P. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

ID
#1966520 Review #1966520 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Straight Talk Wireless 10gb Plan Mobile Hotspot Plan
Cons
  • Customer service is a joke
Full refund

Poor service.

Straight talk did not release my phone number to T-Mobile. They found too many reasons not to. 1. Account #, Gave it to them. 2. Did not have my pin number, gave them the one Straight talk gave us. 3. They had the wrong zip code and would not release. I talked to any agent finally got through too one and he said to use the zip code that that had on record, told him S. T. would not tell T-Mobile what it was, but the agent gave me the one on record (incorrect one). T-Mobile gave that zip code. Then they came back saying did not have pin number. I got so made that I told T-Mobile I would use a new phone number provided to me. I called S.T. and got an agent and had him cancel my account. A week later S. T. notified me I had not released funds from my bank to continue my service. I guess agents do not report what is going on. Would not recommend this company to any one. Cecelia W.

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company.

#1973900

I gave up on trying to transfer numbers on mobile phones sold by Walmart. I had Family Mobile and then Straight Talk and neither would release the number. I'm glad I give all my worthwhile contacts a Google Voice number since I can just redirect that.

View more comments (1)
ID
#1957662 Review #1957662 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Glendora, California

If i can recover my deleted SMS from them, i can Prove My Case

I refilled my Straight Talk with a $45 card from Walmart. Straight Talk sent me a SMS saying my refill was successful and my new Due Date is June 28th. So i deleted the message. Now they say i didn't add the new refill card and they want another card purchased . Im not doing it. I'll change phone carrier's.

User's recommendation: I've been a customer for years but if they dont want to Address & Fix Complaints, im gone and dont recommend them.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience that you have encountered with our service. We understand where you are coming. Allow us to look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#1953130 Review #1953130 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Wise, Virginia

Im Angry At Those ********

I refilled my service. Got a confirmation with the new due date. I said I sSStStaStaydeleted the message and now they say it wasn't refilled and they want me to refill it again. Not gonna happen. My son dropped them and went to Visible. I guess i will go there.

User's recommendation: Stay Away.

Hi Kaye H. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

ID
#1951567 Review #1951567 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Your customer service representative doesn't know what to do and referred me to a sight that I would have to join and pay money to maybe get the crap straight that I need to. Please help!

I was setting up a friend's phone from mine. His activation screen did not come up and now my voice mail is on his phone. I am not going to delete all my information on my phone just to change the voicemail, which is what she suggested I do. Also my friend wants his payment set up as direct deposit although i set it up with a card.

Hi Donna B. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered with our service. We understand where you are coming from. Let us take a closer look into what is going on and provide the best possible resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#1945671 Review #1945671 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Get this fixed. His number is 3184221781 and mine is 318 6586595. Mine is a Verizon phone his is straighttalk

3hrs on the phone with Customer Support, no resolution offered

Last week my husband started experiencing an issue with the phone he's had since February. He uses a wireless headset to communicate with his coworkers while delivering goods to C-stores in KY and TN, and also as GPS to navigate when he takes on new routes. The issue is that any time he is on a phone call, the LTE shuts off and mobile data stops working, so his GPS is useless. I used the text chat on Straight Talk's website to kickstart troubleshooting, and hopefully solving, the issue. After 45 minutes of change this setting, restart the phone, repeat, I was referred to call the technical support line, which instructed me to do the same things that the gentleman on the chat did. Both of these guys were kind, understanding, and did their best to figure out what the problem was. I was transferred to a corporate manager after we did not have success on the last call. She was rude, didn't listen at all to what I was saying, and repeatedly told me that I was wrong. After two minutes of searching, she found out that what I was saying was correct. This happened at least 3 instances. She also kept telling me to repeat the same steps multiple times, to which I complied with while silently shaking my head. The resolution was, "Okay so you have mobile data, is there anything else I can help you with." I kept telling her, "Yes, the data works, but ONLY when not on a phone call. When on a phone call, the data shuts off." Finally told her that I was becoming frustrated because she wasn't listening to me at all, running me around in circles doing the same steps that did absolutely nothing. "I am listening to you!" Yeah, which is why you keep telling me that my data is working and I'm not having any problems. Finally told her look, there's no resolution to this, while we've been talking I've been researching the problem online and even on the XDA (android development forums) the only reported solution is to get a new phone. You're wasting my time, and I'm done with this company.

User's recommendation: Straight Talk has hit or miss customer service representatives. I've dealt with them on behalf of 3 different people and the experience sucks more often than not. Save yourself a headache and money, get a different service.

Hi Mercedes L. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Let us take a closer look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To further assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also text HELP to 611611. We are looking forward to work with you.

ID
#1938541 Review #1938541 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Great price on phones
  • Variety of phones to choose from
Cons
  • No issue ticket numbers for reference
  • Csas do not have interdepartmental communication
  • Customer service is unreliable