Straight Talk Wireless Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone service customer service customer card number sim card money plan problem
Filter review

Sister lost her phone want to transfer her minutes to my phone

Sister lost her phone want to transfer those minutes to my phone
Campbellsville, Kentucky
Good customer service

Need my daughter phone on

Need to really talk to someone

Hi. This is Sara from Straight Talk Wireless.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.

Poor customer service

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Never ever use them!

Update by user Jan 05, 2020

Finally after many calls they found that AT&T had not real eased my port. This should have been resolved the first time I called.

But one it was removed my port went thru. After talking to MANY hours and agents at straight talk it was finally found and fixed. The straight talk agents need to be better trained to problem solve instead of reading out of a manual. They also do not read the documented info.

Thankful Ebony at Verizon took the lead and powered thru and fixed it.

And the ONE agent at straight talk who noticed the problem too. Took 10 days but it ported successfully.

Original review posted by user Jan 02, 2020
I have been trying to get my account straight with them for over a week now. After trying to port my phone over from AT&T to save money it has turned into the biggest fiasco ever. 31/2 days of literally constant phone calls to them, got me 3g with no text, data. I could only call out. Thats it. So I went to Apple and bought a new home and trying to switch to Verizon. Im on day 7 with no phone. No one seems to ever have answers to the problems. Its like they read from a script and cannot answer anything themselves. The have to talk to a mysterious tech who most of the time has no answers either. If my phone is not transferred by Monday Im contacting a lawyer. This is my business phone line. Im losing customers every min my phone doesn't work. Im beyond frustrated at this point. Verizon has submitted over 40 port requests.DON'T USE THEM!!

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please accept my sincere apology. I am very sorry to learn that your experience with our service, was less than adequate. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Kindly contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO so we can provide a concrete resolution.

You may also contact our Customer Care at 1-877-430-2355. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Resolved
Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Phone Service
Pros
  • Non i have found yet
Cons
  • Slow internet
  • Very rude and non english speaking
  • Worst customer service ever
Access/ activation issues
Preferred solution
Off my phone to Verizon now

My god damn phone don't work

Y'all turn my phone off before time and I need it back on

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry to know that your phone is not working. We are here and eager to help you with a resolution. Please contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Poor customer service

Put minutes on my phone

It was the wrong number

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry to hear that the minutes were added to the wrong phone number. Let us further check on it and seen how we can further assist. Please contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.

Hi Luby. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We read your post, and we are sorry if you are having this problem. Let us further check your account so we can provide a concrete resolution for this issue. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. You may also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-2355.

Hi, Luby. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry to hear that. We'd like to speak with you to check your account and see what options might be available for you. Please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support or contact our customer care at 1-877-430-2355.

Hi Luby. This is MariaST from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO for us to further assist you with your concerns. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

View more comments (3)

Be aware

Also for those with the ultimate unlimited, be aware that the 10 gig hotspot only applies to those with Verizon or t-mobile. They cut my data off for using hotspot after a rep informed me that I could use it. Which isnt fair, as it shows that you spend like others but dont get the same benefits.

Hi joseph c. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We read your post, and we're really sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with your Mobile Hotspot service. Please know that it is never our goal to let you experience such troubles. We would like to further review your account so we can provide a concrete resolution for this issue. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

Straight Talk Wireless Ultimate Unlimited Phone Plan
Pros
  • Love unlimited data
  • It was cheaper
Cons
  • Unfair hotspot because of phone providers
Unfair data solutions

Resolved: Do Not Use

Update by user Jan 29, 2020

I had to contact them again. After being hung up on again a couple of times, finally my numbers were transferred. Not easy to get transferred to the correct department.

Update by user Dec 28, 2019

Need to be reported to the BBB and FCC

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2019
Will not port my phone number to another company. They hang up on me every time I am supposedly being transferred to porting. I have had the same phone number for over 30 years transferred 3 times with different services and never had this issue. Been trying for over three weeks. Last week I spent over 2 hours at the xfinity location having them help me and over three hours on the phone today

Hi, Satori. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are deeply sorry for this situation. We never like hearing that our customers are having an unpleasant time with customer service. We would be more than happy to address your concerns and resolve any issues not addressed. Please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support or contact our customer care at 1-877-430-2355.

Resolved
Straight Talk Wireless Service Transfer
Pros
  • Until i need them good
Cons
  • Will not allow to port my phone number
Porting
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Do not use

Horrible customer service and will not release you phone number to another company

Hi This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. I read your post and am sorry that you're having problems with our service.

Hi Satori. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our customer service. Please know that this is not the kind of service we want our customers to experience. Let us further check your account so we can help you fix the issue. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

Hi, Satori. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble you have encountered with our customer service. Please know that we're here to assist with any concerns that you may have. We'd like to learn more about your situation and what exactly happened. Please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support or contact our customer care at 1-877-430-2355.

Aspen, Colorado

Hotspot not working

It will not let me use my mobile hotspot

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I read your post and am sorry that you're having a problem with your hotspot. We're here to help you. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call us at 1-877-430-2355. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Hi PissedConsumer1742996. This is MariaST from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO so we can further assist you. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

View more comments (1)
Rome, Georgia
Product
Straight Talk Wireless Hotspot Device

Hotspot not working

Data works on phone. I put the $55 ultimate unlimited card on here Sunday. Hotspot worked Monday and then hasn't worked since. Will let device connect but not use internet. Have reset phone and device multiple times plus everything else could think of to get to work.

Hi Hi Naoki. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I read your post and am sorry that you're having trouble with your hotspot service. If you could chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call us at 1-877-430-2355, so we could further resolve the issue at hand. We'll help you get running. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Straight Talk Wireless Ultimate Unlimited Phone Plan
Pros
  • Wireless service comparable to big names
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought phone and it worked for 3 months and then quit. I sent it in to be repaired. They sent a used replacement. I wanted to have unlock so I could change carriers. They said since I have not had service on phone for 1 year they could not unlock it. I said I had service with straight talk for years and they had sold me a phone that had to keep being replaced. I feel they should have least given my money back for the phone.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the trouble that you have encountered. Unfortunately, our devices require at least one year of service to be unlocked. You can obtain more information on Unlocking Policy by following the link, https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com or by contacting our Unlocking Department at 1-888-442-5102. If you have questions or concerns, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

You may also text HELP to 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

@MariaST

I have had service for years. I had to replace my broken phone.

The new phone broke after 3 months, had to replace that phone. They sent a used phone though the one I sent them was new.

I decided to cancel service with straight talk. They would not unlock phone or refund money for phone.

Hi Garron. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our service. Please contact via chat using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or you can also text HELP to 611611. You can also call us at 1-877-430-2355. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Unlock
Cons
  • Failure to resolve the problem after 5 hours on the phone
  • Liars about products
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Do not use Straight Talk

I have been having trouble with Straight Talk for many months. My data speed was non-existent. None of the 20 reps and sups I spoke with were able to help me. I complained to the BBB, that didn't help. Straight Talk sent me a SIM card they blamed my iPhone 11, everything but excepting responsibility for the issue. I ended up moving to another wireless company and Straight Talk REFUSED to give me a refund. I even spoke with corporate. Horrible company

Hi. This is Maria from Straght Talk Wireless.

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We know how important it is to have reliable data. Let's work together with resolving this issue. To further assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

You may also text HELP to 611611.

@MariaST

How do you text help to 611611

Hi PissedConsumer1740394. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO so we can further assist you with your concerns. You can also call us at 1-877-430-2355. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Marksville, Louisiana

Don't go to Straight Talk

My my phone decided to stop working after 2 days. I called customer service oh, they kept me on the phone troubleshooting for 2 hours. Three people later, I decided to hang up.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with your phone and our service. We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

If your issue is not yet resolved, please contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355 for immediate assistance. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Gilman City, Missouri
Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care

Do not Buy Straight talk phones

The phone company seems to continue to have problems with all accessing the account. Due to they erased the phone # on my Account. They could not even find this phone. Motorola, Could not help me because straight talk buys the phones and repair them through their factory. Then after two months going through all these problems. Save yourselves and go to Verizon. Straight talk lost my phone $180.00 earned hard and lost easy i will be switching over to prepay Verizon. But, not without telling Verizon how bad their sister company *** me over 5X's.....! with in about 10 yrs. Fyi I am posting to Your Facebook Account

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the trouble that you have encountered. This is not the experience we want for any of our customers. We want to take a closer look into this with you. For further assistance, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service
Pros
  • Service range
Cons
  • Customer service
All above
Preferred solution
I was robbed of a phone played with for now 3mos. I dont want to use straight talk any more after 10yrs and running a good business. to not able to work cause six phones had problems!

My phone has been deactivated when i have until the 16th of december

I would like it turned back on until my end date

Hi Jovany. We are sorry to hear that your phone has been deactivated before your service end date.

We would like to take a closer look into your account. To further assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. You may also text HELP to 611611.

Reason of review
Ended time before end date