Verified Reviewer

Have not had any response from my complaint. Waiting for T-Mobile agent to return on Thursday to see if we can get results from Straight Talk.

Have not been able to make calls for almost 2 months. Make call, get a beep then nothing, but can receive calls. Could not make contact with a human, only recordings which did not help. After many requests for info, which was provided by T-Mobile to Straight talk, they came up with, we do not have the correct zip code. I set up service with a 91740 code and they say they have 91740, which are both Glendora, Ca codes. I finally got in touch with a rep who could not speak good english, and said if we gave thezip code 91740 to Straight talk rep, we could get our cell number change over to T-Mobile, therefore on Thursday, we will try again to get the number changed when the T-Mobile agent returns to work. They have all acct. numbers, my bank acct number, phone info, etc, but now zip code. Give me a Break

User's recommendation: Beware.

Hi Cecelia A. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the terrible experience that you have encountered with our service. Please allow us to further assist you. Chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

ID
#1933324 Review #1933324 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Release my phone number to T-Mobile

Need help with airtime

Because of the COVID-19 virus I havent been able to work and my family lives 2000 miles away and my mother is having surgery and I need help with some airtime please. I have job opportunities but no way for nor them to contact one another. Will you please help me?

User's recommendation: Great service.

#1978907

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO CONTACT STRAIGHTTALK TO RESOLVE MY ISSUE? I CANCELLED AND AM STILL BEING BILLED!!!!

What kind of help with airtime ?

Hi Janssen, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. thank you for contacting us.

Our team is continually working on potential solutions to offer some support to as many of our customers as possible. Please click here https://www.straighttalk.com/covid/ for an important update.

Hi Janssen. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We recognize this is a difficult time for everyone, but please know we’re here to support you. Our team is continually working on potential solutions to offer some support to as many of our customers as possible.

Please click here https://www.straighttalk.com/covid/ for an important update. Thank you for your patience.

View more comments (3)
ID
#1931417 Review #1931417 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dickinson, North Dakota
Pros
  • Cheap and no contract
Cons
  • Customer service ineffective
Let the company propose a solution

Was lied to about getting a full refund

Got refund on phone but not the $55.00 a month

User's recommendation: Do not order from straitalk.

Hi, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Let us take a closer look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To further assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also text HELP to 611611. We are looking forward to work with you.

ID
#1929344 Review #1929344 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

Refund

I was lied to about getting a refund

User's recommendation: Poor service.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We understand where you are coming from. To further assist you with it, please chat with us through this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

We are looking forward to work with you. Thank you.

ID
#1929332 Review #1929332 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

When straight talk tells you to they would be happy to help you with your problem and they tell you just get ahold of them that's just brush off

No hot spot after they told me they would be able to work with me on my issue message them they don't no what I'm talking about the only way I will accept any resulution is my back45.00

User's recommendation: *** know.

ID
#1927246 Review #1927246 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care
Cons
  • More than i can put in this box
Full refund

Buy new phone

The sales person would not listen to what I was wanting to buy. She was rude. Not a nice person at all.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the inconvenient experience that you had when dealing with one of our associated sales person. It was definitely not the experience we wanted you to have. Your concern has been noted and escalated to provide better service in the future. Should you have concerns, do not hesitate to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Have a nice day.

#1862030

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.Our sincere apology for the trouble that you have experienced with our service.

We understand that your previous experienced was unpleasant and we want to make things right for you. For us to further assist you with your concerns, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.

ID
#1920944 Review #1920944 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sedgwick, Kansas

Resolved: Order Cancelled

Update by user May 14, 2020

Company fixed issue and I have been provided with full refund

Original review posted by user May 11, 2020
I ordered a new phone from Straighttalk.com last night. Card went through. order was confirmed, confirmation email and number received. Today I get an email confirming that my order has been successfully cancelled. Huh? Wait- I didn't cancel I NEED my phone. Call the customer service and after being placed on multiple holds, transferred a few times and even hung up on- I finally talk to someone who was absolutely no help. I explained the situation to her, and she said it was because my bank declined the purchase. I try to tell her that was not the case, and I was looking at my bank statement, so I knew that the money had been taken out, but she said it should have been sent back to me. So I hang up and call my bank. Once I get connected to the bank representative and tell him everything he checks my account as well. He says that as far as he can tell on his side, the payment was authorized and Straight Talk was still in possession of the funds. Now I can no longer get in contact with an actual person at Straight Talk and have to file a dispute claim with my bank. I ordered an iPhone 11 so this was $600+. I'm not stopping until I get the phone or my money!

User's recommendation: There cell service is good but DO NOT BUY PHONES ONLINE!

#1862028

Hi Keona B, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

To further assist you with your concerns, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.

We are looking forward to work with you in order to resolve this. Thank you.

Hi Keona B. This is Matt from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are concerned to hear that you feel this way. We know the importance of getting this resolved, and we will be glad to look into the issue. For us to further assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. You may also text HELP to 611611.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.

Resolved
ID
#1920103 Review #1920103 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Good until you need help
  • Let me keep my old phone
  • Cost
Cons
  • Transferred numerous times
  • Billing practice
Full refund

Verified Reviewer

Because of the service I just received

Sales or who ever I spoke with was not hearing me at all

User's recommendation: Not any more.

Hi Emmanual. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. We will do our best to help you with whatever issues you have regarding our product and service. To assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

You may also text HELP to 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Hi Emmanual, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are looking forward to work with you in order to resolve this. Thank you.

Hi Emmanual. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We understand where you are coming from. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We are here to listen to your concern. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

View more comments (2)
ID
#1918689 Review #1918689 is a subjective opinion of poster.
To buy a new phone /singing Galaxy A-51-A5115F/128 GB/Black price 287.99

Add air time

I was calling to add air time to my account and the agent I spoke to asked for my wireless number and I replied I wasn't sure what it was cause it's a new phone.when I had called in the past and gave the same response to the other agents they said that's ok,they would verify my account another way.i have had an issue in the past with someone getting my number and short there after I started receiving crank calls.and i tried to explain that to the agent in so many words but wasn't taking in account to what I was telling him.when I got to the point to getting frustrated I gave him my number in fast manner so I slowed down the second time and gave it to him and said he still didn't get down.i hung up on him.

User's recommendation: I have none.

Hi Elyjah. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble that you encountered with Customer Care. It was definitely not the experience we wanted you to have. We hope that this doesn't make you feel so disappointed to the point of loosing trust on our capability. We are dedicated in helping and addressing all our valued subscribers' concerns.

Should you be needing our help, please do not hesitate to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

ID
#1905878 Review #1905878 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Straight Talk Wireless Account
Preferred solution
I was just needing to add air time.

My plan went out Apr 30 may the 1st my phone number I have had for 6 mths got sold to someone els

Sold my number one day after time went out the guy that got my number has been getting my bank statements took money out my account my mom is sick and she called he said some things no one should ever said to a mother dude has been stocking my wife I spent 8 hours on phone talk to 14 people that hung up on me over and over they never call back then they close so the next day I talk to 4 people 5 hours try telling me my phone hasn't been used cents 2019 but I got text from them saying my time go's out Apr 30th can't tell me why my number got sold after haven it for long time now not happy I been with them 5 years my whole family has been but if they can't fix it we all going to another companyWtf

User's recommendation: I love this company untill this happen if someone don't help me then I say don't use them.

Hi, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are looking forward to work with you in order to resolve this. Thank you.

I'd find it hard to QUOTE : "love" a company regardless.

ID
#1902969 Review #1902969 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Smyrna, Georgia

Not getting incoming calls

I can text I can call out I cannot recurve incomming calls

Hi Catlyn, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Let us check your account for us to work with it and get this resolved. To further assist you, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.

We are looking forward to work with you. Thank you.

ID
#1902465 Review #1902465 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Asheville, North Carolina

No hot spot

Iv always bought the 55 dollar plan for years and this one time 45 dollar card times are tough just didn't have the money to buy 55doller card I dedent know that my hot spot would not work to run my Roku tv for the kids so I had anogh points to add on ten dollars to the 45 doller plan to make it 55 doller plan I did this didn't work so I called straight talk they said Sayed since I didn't buy 55 doller plan there was nothing they could do and I wasted all my points they wanted to sell me a nother 55 doller card thin they could fix it and I have been with straight talk for years this really sucks for the kids

User's recommendation: Don't buy strait talk they suck.

Hi Mary A. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.Our sincere apology for the trouble that you have experienced with our service.

@MariaST

You have done put me throug h all the messages 611611 can't get nothing done apparently you wasn't looking forward to my call like you said

@PissedConsumer1863321

This phone company sucks so bad I can not believe that Walmart sells and supports there products I think I need to switch gears start complaining to Walmart sents there big butt buddy's Walmart must b Makin a killing to put up with the complaints I know there getting guess money talks

View more comments (2)
ID
Pros
  • Service
  • Price
  • Price and service is pretty good
Cons
  • Service

NO CONTACT FROM STRAIGHT TALK

Supposedly Straight Talk was to contact me back, No contact from anyone on this matter,I am going to the news media with this issue,enough is enough.Straight Talk is ripping customers off, their customer service really sucks !!! They don't understand English ...PERIOD !!!!!

User's recommendation: DO NOT DEAL WITH STRAIGHT TALK !!!!

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the trouble that you have experienced with our service. We understand that your previous experienced was unpleasant and we want to make things right for you. For us to further assist you with your concerns, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

ID
Cons
  • Customer service

No One Has Contacted Me back

BILLING DATES:WHEN PURCHASED $55 UNLIMITED CARD & UPON ACTIVATION ,I WAS TOLD MY BILL WOULD COME DUE THE 29TH OF EACH MONTH, STRAIGHT TALK BILLS ME EARLY BY 4-5 DAYS EVERY MONTH ,I FEEL CHEATED OUT OF MY FULL 30 DAYS.

User's recommendation: LEAVE STRAIGHT TALK NOW !!! GETTING RIPPED OFF.

Jacksonville, North Carolina

Update by user Jul 30, 2020

So I transferred my phone back to AT&T. I ve had my phone number for over 7 years.

Straight talk would not release my phone number to me so I had to change phone number. So inconvenient.

I've heard so many confessions of bad service of Staight Talk. I will not...

Hi Emily G. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.Our sincere apology for the trouble that you have experienced with our service.

View more comments
ID
Pros
  • Price
Cons
  • Undelivered promises for unused services
  • Keep hanging up on me