Payed 55 doller for my hotspot and nothing

Pay ed for hotspot did not get it got to use it for 2 days and they took it away if I would have known this I would not have spent 55 dollers on this card tired ov complaining to straight talk start complaining to Walmart there the ones selling us this crap

User's recommendation: No way that do not rate -5 Stars.

Hi Bob P. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience we have caused you. We understand where you are coming. Let us look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#1966520 Review #1966520 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Straight Talk Wireless 10gb Plan Mobile Hotspot Plan
Cons
  • Customer service is a joke

Poor service.

Straight talk did not release my phone number to T-Mobile. They found too many reasons not to. 1. Account #, Gave it to them. 2. Did not have my pin number, gave them the one Straight talk gave us. 3. They had the wrong zip code and would not release. I talked to any agent finally got through too one and he said to use the zip code that that had on record, told him S. T. would not tell T-Mobile what it was, but the agent gave me the one on record (incorrect one). T-Mobile gave that zip code. Then they came back saying did not have pin number. I got so made that I told T-Mobile I would use a new phone number provided to me. I called S.T. and got an agent and had him cancel my account. A week later S. T. notified me I had not released funds from my bank to continue my service. I guess agents do not report what is going on. Would not recommend this company to any one. Cecelia W.

User's recommendation: Stay away from this company.

#1973900

I gave up on trying to transfer numbers on mobile phones sold by Walmart. I had Family Mobile and then Straight Talk and neither would release the number. I'm glad I give all my worthwhile contacts a Google Voice number since I can just redirect that.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We understand where you are coming. Allow us to look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#1957662 Review #1957662 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Glendora, California

If i can recover my deleted SMS from them, i can Prove My Case

I refilled my Straight Talk with a $45 card from Walmart. Straight Talk sent me a SMS saying my refill was successful and my new Due Date is June 28th. So i deleted the message. Now they say i didn't add the new refill card and they want another card purchased . Im not doing it. I'll change phone carrier's.

User's recommendation: I've been a customer for years but if they dont want to Address & Fix Complaints, im gone and dont recommend them.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience that you have encountered with our service. We understand where you are coming. Allow us to look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#1953130 Review #1953130 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Wise, Virginia

Im Angry At Those ********

I refilled my service. Got a confirmation with the new due date. I said I sSStStaStaydeleted the message and now they say it wasn't refilled and they want me to refill it again. Not gonna happen. My son dropped them and went to Visible. I guess i will go there.

User's recommendation: Stay Away.

Hi Kaye H. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

ID
#1951567 Review #1951567 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Your customer service representative doesn't know what to do and referred me to a sight that I would have to join and pay money to maybe get the crap straight that I need to. Please help!

I was setting up a friend's phone from mine. His activation screen did not come up and now my voice mail is on his phone. I am not going to delete all my information on my phone just to change the voicemail, which is what she suggested I do. Also my friend wants his payment set up as direct deposit although i set it up with a card.

Hi Donna B. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered with our service. We understand where you are coming from. Let us take a closer look into what is going on and provide the best possible resolution for you. To do this, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

ID
#1945671 Review #1945671 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Get this fixed. His number is 3184221781 and mine is 318 6586595. Mine is a Verizon phone his is straighttalk

3hrs on the phone with Customer Support, no resolution offered

Last week my husband started experiencing an issue with the phone he's had since February. He uses a wireless headset to communicate with his coworkers while delivering goods to C-stores in KY and TN, and also as GPS to navigate when he takes on new routes. The issue is that any time he is on a phone call, the LTE shuts off and mobile data stops working, so his GPS is useless. I used the text chat on Straight Talk's website to kickstart troubleshooting, and hopefully solving, the issue. After 45 minutes of change this setting, restart the phone, repeat, I was referred to call the technical support line, which instructed me to do the same things that the gentleman on the chat did. Both of these guys were kind, understanding, and did their best to figure out what the problem was. I was transferred to a corporate manager after we did not have success on the last call. She was rude, didn't listen at all to what I was saying, and repeatedly told me that I was wrong. After two minutes of searching, she found out that what I was saying was correct. This happened at least 3 instances. She also kept telling me to repeat the same steps multiple times, to which I complied with while silently shaking my head. The resolution was, "Okay so you have mobile data, is there anything else I can help you with." I kept telling her, "Yes, the data works, but ONLY when not on a phone call. When on a phone call, the data shuts off." Finally told her that I was becoming frustrated because she wasn't listening to me at all, running me around in circles doing the same steps that did absolutely nothing. "I am listening to you!" Yeah, which is why you keep telling me that my data is working and I'm not having any problems. Finally told her look, there's no resolution to this, while we've been talking I've been researching the problem online and even on the XDA (android development forums) the only reported solution is to get a new phone. You're wasting my time, and I'm done with this company.

User's recommendation: Straight Talk has hit or miss customer service representatives. I've dealt with them on behalf of 3 different people and the experience sucks more often than not. Save yourself a headache and money, get a different service.

Hi Mercedes L. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Let us take a closer look into what's going on and ensure a resolution for you. To further assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also text HELP to 611611. We are looking forward to work with you.

ID
#1938541 Review #1938541 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Variety of phones to choose from
  • Great price on phones
Cons
  • Csas do not have interdepartmental communication
  • Customer service is unreliable
  • No issue ticket numbers for reference
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Have not had any response from my complaint. Waiting for T-Mobile agent to return on Thursday to see if we can get results from Straight Talk.

Have not been able to make calls for almost 2 months. Make call, get a beep then nothing, but can receive calls. Could not make contact with a human, only recordings which did not help. After many requests for info, which was provided by T-Mobile to Straight talk, they came up with, we do not have the correct zip code. I set up service with a 91740 code and they say they have 91740, which are both Glendora, Ca codes. I finally got in touch with a rep who could not speak good english, and said if we gave thezip code 91740 to Straight talk rep, we could get our cell number change over to T-Mobile, therefore on Thursday, we will try again to get the number changed when the T-Mobile agent returns to work. They have all acct. numbers, my bank acct number, phone info, etc, but now zip code. Give me a Break

User's recommendation: Beware.

Hi Cecelia A. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the terrible experience that you have encountered with our service. Please allow us to further assist you. Chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO or call 1-877-430-2355.

ID
#1933324 Review #1933324 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
Release my phone number to T-Mobile

Need help with airtime

Because of the COVID-19 virus I havent been able to work and my family lives 2000 miles away and my mother is having surgery and I need help with some airtime please. I have job opportunities but no way for nor them to contact one another. Will you please help me?

User's recommendation: Great service.

#1978907

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO CONTACT STRAIGHTTALK TO RESOLVE MY ISSUE? I CANCELLED AND AM STILL BEING BILLED!!!!

What kind of help with airtime ?

Hi Janssen, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. thank you for contacting us.

Our team is continually working on potential solutions to offer some support to as many of our customers as possible. Please click here https://www.straighttalk.com/covid/ for an important update.

Hi Janssen. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We recognize this is a difficult time for everyone, but please know we’re here to support you. Our team is continually working on potential solutions to offer some support to as many of our customers as possible.

Please click here https://www.straighttalk.com/covid/ for an important update. Thank you for your patience.

View more comments (3)
ID
#1931417 Review #1931417 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dickinson, North Dakota
Pros
  • Cheap and no contract
Cons
  • Customer service ineffective
Let the company propose a solution

Was lied to about getting a full refund

Got refund on phone but not the $55.00 a month

User's recommendation: Do not order from straitalk.

Hi, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

You can also text HELP to 611611. We are looking forward to work with you.

ID
#1929344 Review #1929344 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

Refund

I was lied to about getting a refund

User's recommendation: Poor service.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apology for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We understand where you are coming from. To further assist you with it, please chat with us through this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

ID
#1929332 Review #1929332 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

When straight talk tells you to they would be happy to help you with your problem and they tell you just get ahold of them that's just brush off

No hot spot after they told me they would be able to work with me on my issue message them they don't no what I'm talking about the only way I will accept any resulution is my back45.00

User's recommendation: *** know.

ID
#1927246 Review #1927246 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care
Cons
  • More than i can put in this box

Buy new phone

The sales person would not listen to what I was wanting to buy. She was rude. Not a nice person at all.

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the inconvenient experience that you had when dealing with one of our associated sales person. It was definitely not the experience we wanted you to have. Your concern has been noted and escalated to provide better service in the future. Should you have concerns, do not hesitate to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Have a nice day.

#1862030

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.Our sincere apology for the trouble that you have experienced with our service.

We understand that your previous experienced was unpleasant and we want to make things right for you. For us to further assist you with your concerns, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

ID
#1920944 Review #1920944 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sedgwick, Kansas

Resolved: Order Cancelled

Update by user May 14, 2020

Company fixed issue and I have been provided with full refund

Original review posted by user May 11, 2020
I ordered a new phone from Straighttalk.com last night. Card went through. order was confirmed, confirmation email and number received. Today I get an email confirming that my order has been successfully cancelled. Huh? Wait- I didn't cancel I NEED my phone. Call the customer service and after being placed on multiple holds, transferred a few times and even hung up on- I finally talk to someone who was absolutely no help. I explained the situation to her, and she said it was because my bank declined the purchase. I try to tell her that was not the case, and I was looking at my bank statement, so I knew that the money had been taken out, but she said it should have been sent back to me. So I hang up and call my bank. Once I get connected to the bank representative and tell him everything he checks my account as well. He says that as far as he can tell on his side, the payment was authorized and Straight Talk was still in possession of the funds. Now I can no longer get in contact with an actual person at Straight Talk and have to file a dispute claim with my bank. I ordered an iPhone 11 so this was $600+. I'm not stopping until I get the phone or my money!

User's recommendation: There cell service is good but DO NOT BUY PHONES ONLINE!

#1862028

Hi Keona B, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

To further assist you with your concerns, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.

We are looking forward to work with you in order to resolve this. Thank you.

Hi Keona B. This is Matt from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are concerned to hear that you feel this way. We know the importance of getting this resolved, and we will be glad to look into the issue. For us to further assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. You may also text HELP to 611611.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.

Resolved
ID
#1920103 Review #1920103 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Good until you need help
  • Cost
  • Let me keep my old phone
Cons
  • Billing practice
  • Transferred numerous times

Verified Reviewer

Because of the service I just received

Sales or who ever I spoke with was not hearing me at all

User's recommendation: Not any more.

Hi Emmanual. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. We will do our best to help you with whatever issues you have regarding our product and service. To assist you, please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support.

You may also text HELP to 611611. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Hi Emmanual, this is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We are looking forward to work with you in order to resolve this. Thank you.

Hi Emmanual. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We understand where you are coming from. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We are here to listen to your concern. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

View more comments (2)
ID
#1918689 Review #1918689 is a subjective opinion of poster.
To buy a new phone /singing Galaxy A-51-A5115F/128 GB/Black price 287.99

Add air time

I was calling to add air time to my account and the agent I spoke to asked for my wireless number and I replied I wasn't sure what it was cause it's a new phone.when I had called in the past and gave the same response to the other agents they said that's ok,they would verify my account another way.i have had an issue in the past with someone getting my number and short there after I started receiving crank calls.and i tried to explain that to the agent in so many words but wasn't taking in account to what I was telling him.when I got to the point to getting frustrated I gave him my number in fast manner so I slowed down the second time and gave it to him and said he still didn't get down.i hung up on him.

User's recommendation: I have none.

Hi Elyjah. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble that you encountered with Customer Care. It was definitely not the experience we wanted you to have. We hope that this doesn't make you feel so disappointed to the point of loosing trust on our capability. We are dedicated in helping and addressing all our valued subscribers' concerns.

Should you be needing our help, please do not hesitate to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

ID
#1905878 Review #1905878 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Straight Talk Wireless Account
Preferred solution
I was just needing to add air time.