Update by user Jun 04

FINALLY the problem was resolved. After 3 escalations the representative was finally able to determine that the problem was a result of a billing address miss match issue that caused the data not to be provisioned in the network.

I thanked him and appreciated him for finally figuring it out. I then explained that he needed to make it right. He looked through the notes and explained to me that I only started calling in 9 days ago. I explained that after activating the new card, I gave it time to update.

He stated that I should have called in right away. I explained that I gave it time to update in the system. He insisted that because I didn't call in right away he could only replace 9 days. I told him I wasn't done with this issue.

I told him that at the very least 11 days, plus 1 month free service was the minimum compensation and even with that I would still be cancelling my service.

I feel completely disrespected by a group of foreign nationals that are put in charge of serving their customers, but almost make it their goal to make things nearly frustrating to the Americans they deal with as possible. I'm demanding a call from an English speaking American from their home office in Miami.

Original review posted by user Jun 04

On 5/22 I exceeded the 25gb data cap and was throttled. I purchased a new $55 unlimited card and activated it and chose the option to forfeit the final two days of my old plan.

I am 11 days later, several hours on the phone and chat with foreign customer service with no resolution. I am straight forward and direct, but not abusive or disrespectful. I do not use profanity. These people don't seem to care.

They hang up, disconnect, transfer me back to a general automated system whenever I prove that it is not my device and their system still has me throttled to 2g. I have done APN verification's, IMEI versification, Mobile data verification's. I even took the sim card out of my new phone and put it back in my old phone. Still being throttled.

I've given them every zip code in the 44 miles stretch of highway I take to work and back so they could verify it's not the network. These people seem to want to blame everything but themselves. They are flat out violating the terms and conditions of the contract and if anyone is interested in taking on the case or creating a class action, I could give you detailed accounts of my 11 days worth of time wasted and failing to fix their system issue after being brought to their attention. I've put them on notice about a dozen times that I can not view video alerts from my home and have a sleeping female room mate and that if anything should happen to my house or her because I can't react timely should something occur they would absolutely be liable.

I have attempted to reach their corporate office, but it just circles back around to a foreign representative taking calls on behalf of their corporate office. I have uploaded a screenshot from one of the representatives admitting that I'm being throttled, but he can't do anything about it.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi dgroves. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that you had experienced with our service. Let us further discuss and check the account so we can provide a concrete resolution. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi dgroves. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.