I saw a good deal for an unlocked iPhone 5 on eBay so I purchased it with the intention of transferring my current phone and number (iphone 4s unlocked) over to this. This was a terrible idea.

First, Walmart didn't have the nano sim cards sold individually, only in a pack with the $45 airtime. This didn't seem like a big deal since I figured I'd need the airtime eventually anyway so I bought it. I got home and tried to transfer my old phone number to this new nano sim and it was a nightmare. The website was lacking proper instructions.

I tried everything they had and finally just gave up and activated the sim card with the $45 of airtime as this was the only way to activate it. hoping I could call them later to get them to transfer the number. I called them the next day and they said there's no way they can transfer my information to the new sim card since it was already activated and worse! there was no way to get a refund of the $45 worth of airtime OR even have it transferred to the reserve in my account.

Total ***. So now I'm already out $45. They said they'd send a new nano sim card and i'd have to call them again to switch the number over. It arrived 4 business days later and I gave them a call.

The lady I spoke with spoke such broken English it was almost impossible to understand her. I told her I wanted to transfer my existing phone number to the new sim card. I provided her the 15 digit number she asked for and even double-checked before I hung up that it would be okay. She assured me it would.

After 10 minutes (she told me to wait for 5) there was no change on my phone or my straight talk account so I called back. I spoke with a guy this time who talked down to me even though I wasn't being rude (I work in IT and I deal with irate customers often and know how to keep my cool). He now tells me there's no way to use this replacement sim card I just received in the mail THAT day since it was activated. So the lady before basically just activated my new card with the wrong phone number I had when I called her originally.

He said they'd have to send me another sim card and I would have to call them again and go through the process all over. However, this time they'd have to cancel my current active phone number and I wouldn't have service until I got the 2nd replacement sim card in the mail. By this time I was so exhausted and sick of listening to these support representatives who clearly don't have knowledge of the process and are just reading out of a troubleshooting handbook I said I'll just keep the new number, even though this is not at all what I wanted. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Their customer service is the worst I've dealt with and very unorganized. The hold times are very long and they try to get rid of you as fast as you can.

If anyone knows where I can complain please let me know. Probably one of the worst customer service experiences of my life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Service Transfer.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

I was about to give up on my phone until I found this email address for Straight Talk and they actually fixed all my problems. Now, I am glad I decided to give it another try.

Send them your name, cell number and serial number. The email address is ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com or you can chat with them live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW.

They will help you.