State: California Product: Straight Talk Wireless Internet Service Clear all filters (7 of 70 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Straight Talk Wireless - Internet Service Review from San Mateo, California

2.0
DATA SHORTINGMain gripe with their 5gb data plan, you pay for 5 but you actually only get 4 gb when it slows down to 2g. Can verify using ST's data usage app and comparing against actual usage using My Data Manager app and built in Samsung Data Usage.

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Not as described/ advertised

Straight Talk Wireless in Aptos, California - Horrible, horrible, customer service

I've had some of the worst scenarios with customer service with Straight Talk, even when being sent to their "hot line" and talking to "managers". I started having trouble with my phone and and couldn't get data and online. I called customer service and they gave me a completely different APN setting, which didn't work. They had no idea why. I called several days later, and they gave me the same APN setting, which still didn't work. I was getting frustrated and they promised me two weeks "unbilled service" for my troubles. The next day I was billed the full amount. Called a week later and got the customer service "hot line" with some numskull who couldn't even access my records. Called 10 minutes later and got the elevated customer service and he gave me a different APN settings which were (guess what) different than the other two guys. This one Worked and I finally got data. Then I asked him about the billing issue and he said that yes, I should get two weeks free service, but he couldn't deal with it because I had automatic billing and did I want to *** the automatic billing so I could get the free two weeks. Oh, but I would have to call back later to do it. Horrendous, horrendous customer service!

You are absolutely right, ridiculously awful customer service. They sell you defective equipment and then expect you to go without phone service for weeks while you mail them their defective phone to fix.

Unbelievable that a company would even suggest such a thing. They need to start being fined by consumer protection.

View more comments (2)
Bad quality

Straight Talk Wireless - Internet Service Review from Walnut Creek, California

2.4
My internet is either intermittent or none at all. I'm told I have to have 2 phones for them to help me. Why would I have two phones. Can't understand customer service. Shame on you for giving our jobs away to people that don't care. I'm lucky to get the internet 1 out of 5 tries. They are defiant rude and lie. Read the same script over and over.
MariaST

Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number.

You know, this company needs a place to sell its product. Walmart needs to back the customers on this one.

I live in a place that has one walmart and they continue to back straight talk. So I travel the 30 miles to do my shopping elsewhere. I have also been in contact with Google.

Obviously customer complaints are not enough to get the 3heads of the company to make drastic changes

So bypass customer service and work on walmart and Google. At least you can talk to someone and understand them.

View more comments (4)
Poor customer service
I have had straight talk for almost two years now, and I am fed up with this nonsense. Aside from their phones being unable to hold a charge after a short period of time, now my data service as well was suspended and without Warning. Yes, maybe this is in the fine...
Loss

Straight Talk Wireless in Yuba City, California - Trac phone ? Straight Talk is the worst cell comp every!!!

June 1, 2013 About A month ago straight talk/ trac phone did a browser update and ever since my internet browser has been very slow and or not loading pages at all and if I clear history che and cookies I get a message from trac phone / straight talk that my browser experience has been improved / enhanced and to complete the update I need to enter my phone # so I did and then I'd go a few days and then clear my history and che and cookies and it pops back up again after 20 times of this I was irritated to say the least. so I called straight talk and was told they wouldn’t help me because I didn’t have another phone # they could call me back on and then he had the nerve to ask me to go use my neighbors phone at 9pm by a csr Mark ID #618967 first and then a manager named Joseph 56312 id # after arguing with Joseph for 20mins or so he told me to hang up with him turn my phone off and wait 2 mins and the turn my phone back on and he'd call me back this was 2 mins before 9pm p.s.t. waited 10 mins no call back and when I called them back they were closed for the day. (Can you say very bad business practices). So I call back the next day and got a manger Matt 43364 Id # at the corporate office he did the same thing told me he couldn’t help me without another # to call me back at. After arguing with him for 10 mins he finally helped so I thought. Matt had me go into my phones application and clear my browser and then I was told by matt I would get 20 days of free service for the aggravation and he ask if my browser was working ok I said yes and we ended the call. After the call I went to go to 1 of my bookmarks and they were all gone every bookmark I had for the last 1.5 years some of witch where ever imported where erased and Matt didn’t even have the intelligence to tell me before he had me clear my browser that this would happen nor did he ask if I need to back this info up if I could. What B.S.!! Also the supposed 20 days of free service I never got. My service ended 3 day latter as it was going to anyways. Again what B.S. And of course my browser still doesn’t work and every time I open it I have to enter my phone # to “complete the update” to improved/ enhanced my browser experience. So not only did I get lied to and jerked around I can’t use my browser and I was expecting 20 free day of service so I didn’t buy a new card because I thought “*** me” I’d have 20 more days and as I don’t drive I know have to take a cab to get a new card when I was at the store 2 days ago and if I’d known that straight talk was full of it and lying to me I could have got 1 then. I hope straight talk does something about this but I’m not gona hold my breath *** company *** csr’s and *** managers what a business.
Straight Talk Wireless Internet Service
I honestly don't know where to start . . . My husband and I both have straight talk. For the past couple months my phone has stopped working at least five times and no one from customer service could fix it, so I got a new phone. Both my husband and I got new phones...

IF I WANT THE VERY WORST IN THIRD WORLD SERVICE, I NEED LOOK NO FURTHER THAN STRAIGHT TALK, THEY SHOULD REVISE THEIR NAME TO"DOUBLE TALK", AND NO I'M DEFINATELY NOT FEELING RICHER, BUT RATHER A WHOLE LOT POORER AS THEY DO ALL THEY CAN TO STALL THE REFUND FOR A DEFECTIVE PHONE AND BARELY USED PHONE CARD TO THE TUNE OF ABOUT $240.00 it was their best phone. I RETURNED THE PHONE AS INSTRUCTED, HAVE PROOF THAT THEY RECEIVED IT, BUT THEY CONTINUE TO DENY THAT THEY EVER RECEIVED IT, WOW!

View more comments
Straight Talk Wireless Internet Service
I had been a Straighttalk user for the past couple of years with very little issues with their services until I baught their Android phone. I went on the internet and looked at tethering my Android to my laptop. I had checked out a few websites that had offered a free...

Boost Mobile is same price (if you count the cost of HASSLE) and they have an amazing hotspot service that comes with their plans. Makes you wonder how much straighttalk is gouging us.

I mean UNLIMITED HIGH-SPEED DATA... that's exactly what it says yet it is in no sense of the word unlimited. It does say speeds may slow during busy times but that is understandable. CUTTING service because of use of an already purchased product is unbelievable, sad and oh so unprofessional.

Congratulations Straighttalk executives, you officially has THE WORST service that offers "unlimited" data.

You are sad and greedy and hide behind terms of service YOU HAVE TO USE THE INTERNET TO VIEW. I hope you treat your employees better than your customers but for some reason I highly doubt that.

View more comments