We called three different agents before and after purchasing the SIM card. But before opening the packaging.

Because it's non returnable once opened. To verify that the iPhone 7 plus currently owned was compatible with the service. Three different agents stated it was and I quote, one said "100%", another said"Totally" and another said "Completely" compatible, were the terms we heard from their agents. So we purchased and opened the packaging and installed the SIM card.

Long story, short, we lost many features on the phone, including actual settings in the settings section of the phone (which I can tell you is a lack of programming protocols entered into the SIM card, by the company that made the card for straighttalk). We called customer service they told us to call Apple, no this is your SIM card problem not the phone, we told them. And if we put the original SIM card from T-Mobile back in the phone everything worked normally. (This phone is unlocked by T-Mobile).

After explaining this to the agent, she said she wouldn't issue a refund. I asked for her supervisor she stated she was the manager of that section, I said ok let me speak with your supervisor she said she didn't have one, I then asked her if she was the CEO or owner of straighttalk, "no answer" I asked her to spell her name, she incorrectly spelled it to me 4 times, so I asked her for an employee number she gave me different numbers also 4 times. Then I asked for the corporate phone number, she would not provide one. During this information exchange I could hear another person advising her what to say next.

I asked her who that was telling her what to say, she gave me no response. I said maam if you are the manager, then who is telling you what to say,again no response. i explained to her that nowhere on the packaging does it say that you could loose features of your phone, never mind actual settings. She says its in our terms, I said, ma'am those terms are inside the package and not available to the customer until they open the non returnable package, it's also not written outside the package.

I then said do you realize that? No response! I said maam the more I speak with you the more this is "Fraud". She says sir your phone works.

I said maam if you buy a new car and you go to pick it up at the dealer and it didn't have any tires on it and the salesman said but the engine runs, would you expect your money back? And how would you feel if they said you couldn't have your money back? That would be "theft" on the part of the dealership wouldn't it? Especially after you were told the car would be "100%" complete when you paid for it.

I said that's what's happening here it's "Fraud". She hung up

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Sim Card.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• I Tried To Enter Information But Y
  • Isn t That Ironic

Comments

MariaST

Hi CrazyCottontopTamarin. My name is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I noticed your complaint and I want to help you. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to MariaST #1539954

I'm not spending another minute on the phone with your customer service! Your company is committing fraud and it's only a matter of time until the government gets involved. You had plenty of time to fix this but that's not what your company wants to do!