Coverage Area
Style and Design

Had phone on for 11 months. No longer needed it so when my grand daughter needed a phone I told her she could have it.

I contacted Straight talk to have phone unlocked and was told I needed to activate it for 1 more month to fulfill their requirement of 12 months use. I was instructed by unlocking dept. To buy a straight talk card, call and reactivate the phone for 1 month and after that, they would unlock it so she could use it with her provider. So, we bought the card, called to activate it and was told that I needed to upgrade and buy a new phone from them.

I explained that I had already been told they could reactivate this phone-an

Iphone 5. I spent almost 1.5 hours on phone being transferred back and forth until I finally insisted on speaking to a supervisor. Finally they told me they would unlock it and send me an email within 2 days confirming it was unlocked. It has been 3 days and no email.

Now i am out the money I spent on the card they told me to buy and the phone is not able to be used.

My next correspondence will be with the news media, and every social media network out there letting everyone know that they are all liars and scammers, and when I see any straight talk representatives pushing their service anywhere, I will be sure to make it known to any potential customers to stay away from Straight talk. They are liars and scammers!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Unlock.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi OppositeSeal627. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the product and service. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant, and we wish to make it right for you. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.