Straight Talk Wireless - Cut off phone service the day before the service end date
My service end date is supposed to be on 6-3-2013.Today while on the phone with my father, my call was abruptly shut off.
I contacted Straight Talk to ask about the number of minutes used which I purchased 1000. The only minutes they would give me was the amount of text messages. But they tried to tell me that they do not have access to the amount of minutes. I ask them to provide me with an accounting of minutes of incoming and outgoing calls for the past month, and then for the past 6 months.
They refused and kept sending me to different customer service reps. I finally became annoyed enough to file a consumer complaint with the State of Tennessee and I emailed Straight Talk customer service to advise them of said complaint. I received an email back stating that I have to get a notarized request and take photo copy of the serial number on the back of my phone before they can provide said information. I advised them that this is absurd because they should have this data available since they would need to know that to know when to cut the phone off.
In the past year I have paid several times two to three days early. I have long suspected that they have reset the service start date based on when you pay. But I am unable to verify this since I cannot see the incoming and outgoing call data minutes. I very rarely use this phone but if this month I did go over minute amounts then I would be ok with it.
But I know in the past several months I have not utilized all the minutes. Customer service is not what customer service should be about and you can hardly understand them half the time.
I will be furthering this complaint as high as I can.With this economy being as it is some honesty should be paramount in this type of service.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Phone Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Nov 12,2015 we had a black out in Kern County, AT&T tower down, and after speaking 8 to straight talk representative I was told the SIM card went bad and..."
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "I have a woman in Brazil. She gave me her number. I called and asked straight talk how to call her. The employee said to throw away my new $50..."
- "After a mere 4 years of owning our Angel Bed mattress, it fell apart. There is a huge rip in the center of the top foam mattress that was supposed..."
- "I ordered wedding flowers from this florist. The bouquet I received looked nothing like what I ordered. I was quoted arrangements that had half a dozen flowers in them. The..."
- "Ordered a valentines bouquet to be delivered on the day of arrival to a motel. The flowers were Delivered in a box with a vase and 5 roses. Paid extra..."
- "Purchased 2 wigs from this company, took forever to receive, then wigs looked nothing to what I ordered, spent $250 and they offered me $20!refund, I posted 1 wig back..."
- "took my tundra in for a few dents and broken window on the passenger side. after two weeks the truck wasn't finished no calls so i finally went in and..."
- "It is a best online store. I have order many dresses on this website but one time they deliver me after one day of delivery time! But it was not..."