Let me start by saying...if I advertise my apples being red, and you come and buy what you think is a red apple in a box, and you get it home, *** into it, and it's actually green, wouldn't I be sent to court for false advertising?
So, I have had Straight Talk for 3 years or so, ALWAYS bought the "Unlimited" service plan for $45.00, and never had any problems.
On Christmas my husband bought me the Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone, and I switched my number from my old phone to my new AWESOME smart phone.
The first month on my new phone was amazing. Downloaded music, games, synced with my PicsArt and Gmail, everything was hunky dorry. Only problem I kept having was when I would try to make an outgoing call. There was a 30-45 second lag before the phone would actually start to ring. Everytime I called Customer Service, they would tell me I needed to use the "Factory Data Reset" option to fix the problem. I did this three times. Never fixed it, but I figured it wasn't that much of a deal. I just call and put it on speaker until I hear it begin to ring.
Just the other day, I get a random phone call from (800)989-1506, and the automated message was so garbled and crazy sounding I could barely hear what the *** was trying to tell me. Supposedly, it was a warning call from Straight Talk telling me that my data usage was "excessive" and that if I continued to "abuse" my UNLIMITED service, my phone could be shut off completely. How do you ABUSE UNLIMTED SERVICE?!?!?!?
So, I tried to contact Customer Service. For the past day or so their customer service lines have been so busy that it wouldn't even connect me, it would just tell me to try my call at a later time.
Well, I went online, and read countless posts on forums and websites about the phone number that contacted me to tell me I was abusing my unlimited service. I read that it was a fraud. So, I felt relieved (my cell phone is my ONLY phone) that my service would not be turned off.
But something kept nagging at me, so I decided to email customer service since I couldn't get through via telephone. I wanted to be that good customer and let them know that this fraudulent number contacted me with that information.
This is not what I was expecting:
Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.
Please be informed that the call that you have received was from
Straight Talk Wireless. The call is to inform you that your phone's data usage is excessive and is already affecting the network service levels.
Please be advised that you may have an unlimited data on your phone
however, if your phone's data usage is excessive and is already
affecting the network service levels, we may suspend your phone's data
service or your phone's service altogether.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
Thank you for being a Straight Talk Wireless customer. We appreciate
Straight Talk Wireless
For *** real?!?!?! So, I wanted to find out how much data usage I have used this month, and how they track this usage.
I emailed them back.
Haven't heard anything.
I tried calling their Customer Service center.
Can't get through.
After reading multiple posts about this craziness, I've come to a few contradictions...
Straight Talk says you violate their terms if you go on Youtube. But my phone comes with a YouTube App! BY DEFAULT! IT'S A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE!
You cannot use the mobile web for streaming music or video. However, through GOOGLE PLAY which comes DEFAULT ON MY STRAIGHT TALK PHONE, you can download PANDORA, IHEARTRADIO, and various other "streaming" applications.
Seriously, what the ***?
Last time I checked, if it is advertised as UNLIMITED, it should be UNLIMITED. And I find it very wussy for them to make an automated message threatening to turn off your service, AFTER it's been paid for.
I'm seriously PISSED. NO ONE is getting back to me.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unlimited Plan
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "Do not (repeat) DO NOT take your vehicle to Maco of Winchester. They are just *** artists who will not give you what you paid to have done. ..."
- "Ordered items on Oct 1 with an expected delivery of no later than Oct 28 (4 weeks) On Oct 30 I emailed them because I had not received my Items...."
- "My child came home with severe bruising on her arms where her teacher had grabbed and held my child leaving deep bruising on both arms. We took all the..."
- "After I hired Scott's/TruGreen Lawn Service for DE-WEEDING, my lawn went from needing a Deweed care to one of the worst looking lawns in my community. I was so upset..."
- "I got into partnership a with Blane Curry and Glenn Dormer everything was going good in the beginning. With time I felt like I was carrying more than the share..."
- "I ordered a prom dress for my daughter. Within a with of each other I received two of the exact same dress different prices. Mind you only one order number..."