Let me start by saying...if I advertise my apples being red, and you come and buy what you think is a red apple in a box, and you get it home, *** into it, and it's actually green, wouldn't I be sent to court for false advertising?
So, I have had Straight Talk for 3 years or so, ALWAYS bought the "Unlimited" service plan for $45.00, and never had any problems.
On Christmas my husband bought me the Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone, and I switched my number from my old phone to my new AWESOME smart phone.
The first month on my new phone was amazing. Downloaded music, games, synced with my PicsArt and Gmail, everything was hunky dorry. Only problem I kept having was when I would try to make an outgoing call. There was a 30-45 second lag before the phone would actually start to ring. Everytime I called Customer Service, they would tell me I needed to use the "Factory Data Reset" option to fix the problem. I did this three times. Never fixed it, but I figured it wasn't that much of a deal. I just call and put it on speaker until I hear it begin to ring.
Just the other day, I get a random phone call from (800)989-1506, and the automated message was so garbled and crazy sounding I could barely hear what the *** was trying to tell me. Supposedly, it was a warning call from Straight Talk telling me that my data usage was "excessive" and that if I continued to "abuse" my UNLIMITED service, my phone could be shut off completely. How do you ABUSE UNLIMTED SERVICE?!?!?!?
So, I tried to contact Customer Service. For the past day or so their customer service lines have been so busy that it wouldn't even connect me, it would just tell me to try my call at a later time.
Well, I went online, and read countless posts on forums and websites about the phone number that contacted me to tell me I was abusing my unlimited service. I read that it was a fraud. So, I felt relieved (my cell phone is my ONLY phone) that my service would not be turned off.
But something kept nagging at me, so I decided to email customer service since I couldn't get through via telephone. I wanted to be that good customer and let them know that this fraudulent number contacted me with that information.
This is not what I was expecting:
Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.
Please be informed that the call that you have received was from
Straight Talk Wireless. The call is to inform you that your phone's data usage is excessive and is already affecting the network service levels.
Please be advised that you may have an unlimited data on your phone
however, if your phone's data usage is excessive and is already
affecting the network service levels, we may suspend your phone's data
service or your phone's service altogether.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
Thank you for being a Straight Talk Wireless customer. We appreciate
Straight Talk Wireless
For *** real?!?!?! So, I wanted to find out how much data usage I have used this month, and how they track this usage.
I emailed them back.
Haven't heard anything.
I tried calling their Customer Service center.
Can't get through.
After reading multiple posts about this craziness, I've come to a few contradictions...
Straight Talk says you violate their terms if you go on Youtube. But my phone comes with a YouTube App! BY DEFAULT! IT'S A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE!
You cannot use the mobile web for streaming music or video. However, through GOOGLE PLAY which comes DEFAULT ON MY STRAIGHT TALK PHONE, you can download PANDORA, IHEARTRADIO, and various other "streaming" applications.
Seriously, what the ***?
Last time I checked, if it is advertised as UNLIMITED, it should be UNLIMITED. And I find it very wussy for them to make an automated message threatening to turn off your service, AFTER it's been paid for.
I'm seriously PISSED. NO ONE is getting back to me.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Unlimited Plan
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a phone on 6-11-13 online and paid $4.99 s.h. for 3 day delivery because overnight delivery was$14.99. After i completed my $129.94 order and i printed my receipt..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "Do not (repeat) DO NOT take your vehicle to Maco of Winchester. They are just *** artists who will not give you what you paid to have done. ..."
- "My child came home with severe bruising on her arms where her teacher had grabbed and held my child leaving deep bruising on both arms. We took all the..."
- "This company is out of business and can't be reached per the Better Business Bureau. If you currently have a reservation, it will not be honored. You will not be..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."