December 24. Crossed the border to the US.

Expected to have an active straight talk plan since I purchased a 60 day plan late october. Called straight talk. They claimed my plan expired and that it was only a 30 day plan. They sold me a new plan for 4 GB.

For days later, the mobile hub stopped providing internet connectivity. Had to wait to december 28 to call technical support from a Lowed Hardware wifi zone. Was transfered 5 times. Each rep said I had 2.07 GB remaining.

Fifth rep asked m for my curent zip code and propagated my 2.07 GB entitlement to other servers. She said it was a problem that some servers thought I had 0 GB entitlement and others thought I had 2.07GB. Phone call took over an hour. I thanked her, hopped in the RV, turned off the hot spot and drove to the next Hotel.

Half way there i turned on the hot spot and once agian had no internet access. I needed internet access so I purchased 2 $90 plans form my Canadian Cell phone company. I waited to January 4 to Call straght talk. The claimed I had used all my data.

They admitted there were problems on December 28 but said all the problems were fixed. I pointed out that the second time I lost my data it also happened on December 28 when tye were having problems. Talked to 3 different reps including a manager. Wasted an hour of my time.

Thye insisted that their system had to be right and that I had used all of my data. I asked them to give me just one web site that I had visited after my December 28 support call. They said they ahd no detailed records, just that I had zero remainintg and that I had used 4GB. I asked them to verify that I had 2.07 gigabytes on December 28.

They said trhere was no way for them to go back in time and that they only had the one number to work off of. Basically they have no logs, They are running blind. Their servers have inconsistent and incorrect data that does not propagate across zip codes or states. Technical support usually involves 20 to 40 minutes of hold time and 3 to 5 transfers.

I see lots of complaints about this company.

An ethical company would have admitted that thier systems are flawed and would have reapplied the missing data. The reps are poorly trained except in the skill of transferring to another agent.

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Internet while it lasted.

I didn't like: Recieved less than half the gb purchased, Systems are flawed and inconsistent with no logs, Data entitlements are spontaneously erased, Entitlements lost when changing zip codes, Incompetant customer service.

Comments

MariaST

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please accept our deepest apology for this experience. I see you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.