1.5

Update by user Jan 26

update: my husband is on the phone with the 13th Strait talk technical support agent, who is now asking him the same series of tasks on the phone that the last 12 people did. We received a call back from them on their "verizon" repair ticket, for which they again had no idea who we were or why they were calling us back. This marks almost 6 hours on the phone with strait talk.

Original review posted by user Jan 26

We purchased a new samsung phone in August of 2018 for our son from walmart at a cost of 199.99. The phone worked perfectly until December 17th, 2018 when we purchased a monthly unlimited refill card and attempted to reload the phone.

The phone would not connect to the network, although the card showed online it was credited properly. Since December, my husband and I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with Strait talk employees, who go through a 30 minute series of questions including turning the phone off and on, resetting items, etc. When one person is unable to troubleshoot the issue, they transferred us to a new strait talk employee who again had the same series of questions. We completed this 11 times, with 11 different agents over 3 days, until we were both too frustrated to go through the same steps with another "technical" support person.

Strait talk has said that it is verizon wireless's problem, for which is the owner of the cell towers that they use here in Bozeman, MT. It has been over a month, and strait talk cannot resolve the issue. They even promised us on day one (dec. 17th) to credit the 55.00 monthly card, and I called a final time today to check a ticket number they were to check with verizon about, for which I was told that I had to buy a new service card to continue to troubleshoot the phone.

Absolutely disgusting! This is the poorest customer service we have ever received. I am going to post reviews on every page there is until your company rectifies this situation. I purchased a 2 year warranty, which walmart won't honor because it is within the manufacturers warranty period of 1 year.

Samsung wont replace it under the manufacturers warranty due to the deal they have with tracfone. The number for tracfone goes back to strait talk. It seems as if there are over 3000 complaints with the BBB due to this same issue. You advertise excellent customer service, yet your rating is the worst possible with the BBB.

May I suggest honoring your contracts and promises? Not every family can afford to buy another phone and plan that isnt going to work, and your technical support model of transfering calls to a same level zero knowledge poor english speaking individual is scandalous and overwhelming.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Replacement.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Failure to resolve the problem after 5 hours on the phone.

Comments

MariaST

Hi EvilHaddock. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We are determined to help you in resolving your issue. Please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO so we can provide a concrete resolution. You may also contact our customer service at -877-430-2355.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You can also use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.

@MariaST

Thanks for the comment, but if your suggestion took me back to another agent who had zero idea what to do as all the others. Can I suggest adding a comment section in your wireless service logs so your tech agents can update it with steps they have taken toward resolution ?

It is obvious that you are losing valuable labor hours having multiple agents repeat an on screen step by step when the agent could simply read the notes and nove forward accordingly.

Those labor hours could be spent on training and better organized call progression, vastly improving the customer service experience. The issue has been resolved, Thanks to filing a bbb complaint and getting a response from an American human.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews