I purchased this phone years ago, believing I can activate it with another company. No problem.

However, I called to activate it a few months ago, to give my nephew a phone to use until he could buy his own. It was a very old phone that could not even be used for snapchat or instagram. Last month, I added an auto-refill on it to ensure his service was uninterrupted until he was able to get a phone of his own. Well, last week he was given a free LG cell phone that was way bigger yhan my 5.5 x 2.5 Samsung 7.0.

First.

I tried using the online Straight Talk service to remove my credit card. However, there was no way to do this very simple service that i used a few weeks ago yo add my credit card. I was transferred to a service rep, but was told to call back during working hours.

So, today I called Straight Talk and they asked me for my "pin". I dont remember giving a pin when I activated it.

But, I gave him my pin that I always use. WRONG! He asked me for my "zip code"...WRONG! "email"...WRONG!

I tried giving the same answer from my nephews info...WRONG! Conclusion...this phone is preowned and all the info yhey have is from the PREVIOUS OWNER!!! When i bought the ohone, i gave all my invo. When I activated it, I provided all the info they asked me for...not knowing all the info they assoc with this cell in NOT MY INFO!!!

How in the heck can i get my credit card OFF THIS PHONE??? I need the phone. It so happens that my nephew has the phone with him. I can get it and call tomorrow, so they can send me a text on this phone.

If my nephew loses this phone I'm in trouble. Please buyer beware.

Auto-refill? Never again!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Thank you for your help. I called the number you provided and my issue was resolved immediately. Thanks again!

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi GleamingPlatypus101. I'm Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I'm sorry you are having some problems. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-2355. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to MariaST #1631147

Thank you so much. I called and they removed the auto pay. Thank you for your help!

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi GleamingPlatypus101. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I read your post and am sorry you’re having some problems. This is not how we want you to feel and experience. We'd like to take a closer look into what's going on and ensure there is a resolution for you. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.