Verified Reviewer

1.5

I bought the $45 BYOP kit with Verizon, TMobile, and AT&;;t sim cards and since I'm in the middle of Tulsa with an AT&t tower within 3 blocks I activated my phone with that sim card. I am supposed to have 25 gb of LTE data and 2g if I use more than the 25gb.

I noticed that doing simple things such as opening CNN were taking much longer than they should so I ran data speed tests from 3 different HTML5 testing sites to try to find the problem. The problem is that not one single time that I tested did I ever have a download speed of more than 5.44 mb/s or an upload speed of more than

5.19 mb/s. I called support 5 times and they say everything is normal..

lost internet completely at one point when the damned chat bot reconfigured my settings of its own accord and without my permission to change anything on my phone. I paid 45 dollars for LTE data, not 3g.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Phone Service.

Location: Henryetta, Oklahoma

Comments

Hi JL S. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Our sincere apologies for the bad experience that you have gone through with our data service.This is a concern that we want to look at further with you and find a resolution to. Please copy this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. You may also text HELP to 611611.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.

@MariaST

I have called customer service countless times, spoken with at least 20 people who are not trained to do their jobs in the slightest and whose repertoire of "fixes" is pretending to reset the data connection on their end, asking you every time if you're basically so stupid that you haven't done the power off/on before you ever call them, constantly having that stupid chat bot that's called support completely change the APN settings on my phone before I ever get a chance to attempt to speak with a human in customer service and without any permission to change a damned thing on my phone. I've already changed the APN several times myself I don't want a bot making changes to my phone, which is mine, unlocked, and came to straight talk with me.

These internet data speeds are obviously coming from the your end, not an issue with my phone, especially since I just found out yesterday that straight talk was rated as having the very worst data speed rating of any of the 8 major nationwide carriers in the United States according to 3 different review and benchmark sites. I'm not asking for anything special but what I am paying for and nobody at straight talk could tell me with a straight face that the documented data speeds that I uploaded with my complaint constitute 4g LTE speeds.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews