14.9K views

Been with Straight talk from August 2012 on, phone works great, no complaints with the phone itself but the so called customer service is ***. When our first month of pre paid service ( which we paid instore with the card for $45+ tax ) was a week from expiring, I was contacted by Straigfht talk to link my credit card for auto refill on the same day each month.

For doing this Straight talk offered me a $2.50 discount each month. No discount after three months now, and with auto pay you get charged 911 fee's, fed fee's, and tax on those and other fee's, so they can eat *** as I'm taking the auto pay off.

Now I just buy a straight talk card at the store each month for $45 + sales tax only. Be forwarned with straight talk as to non customer service, *** f'n ***

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Comments

How do I cancel auto-refill service! I have changed phones and would like to cancel before an auto refill kicks in on 2/28

to Anonymous #1114355

#1112096

I don't know what is going on with this company but for the past 3 months my auto-pay has not gone through. Each month I have lost service.

I have called each time and each time am assured that this will not happen again. Today I spoke with someone who was difficult to understand.

I have decided that I will no longer do auto pay if this happens again. Each time it happens I am charged a different price due to whatever the promotion is at the time I call.

to Anonymous #1112224

to Anonymous #1132360

This has happened to me on three separate occasions. I can literally see the charge go through on my bank statement online that day (with no problems processing the charge), but the phone acts as though it did not renew and won't work for about 24 hours.

The last time this happened, I was having car trouble and stuck out in the country in below zero weather and couldn't contact anyone to get help! Absolutely unacceptable--that is the exact definition of an emergency situation people carry cell phones for!

Another time I was able to send a message to straighttalk on facebook asking for assistance, and they gave me a freaking number to call.

HELLO, did you completely miss the entire description of the problem? Specifically, the "my phone isn't working" part?

antbb1030

They actually charged me a fee to re-activate my service after they cut it off due to a "billing error. So I de-activated direct debit. They will not get another extra penny from me..

to antbb1030 #1066977

Newark, Ohio, United States #1051819

I just want to change credit cards number and can't get a human person to do this.

to Barbara #1052836

I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.

How did you manage to cancel the auto refill? I just want to change from one credit card to another and I can't get a human and none of the props offer what I am looking for.

I even tried emailing them just to get a response of call the customer service number that was of no help to begin with. I figure IF I could cancel, then I can restart with the new number.

to Anonymous #1049748

antbb1030
to Anonymous #1059995

This happened to me recently. It's nearly impossible to speak to anyone who is human and who speaks English.

I have just kept pushing the O button.

This is a ridiculous set up and takes forever. Good luck..

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1010738

had a bad feeling when I cancelled with a girl in the phillipines. oops I lost my credit card! It took all of 5 minutes.

U pay 911 fees and all the same taxes when u buy the refill card.

Love how Maria from SrraightTalk was able to so promptly address the issue about international calls. Clearly that's the issue affecting us all.

Tampa, Florida, United States #949149

Anymore straight talk service sucks period there's a day just about every month my phone is dead & I can't even use it & it's not because I don't pay it either something goes wrong with their service & you call them to tell them tgey say they don't know anything about it so you loose a whole day of service. Also one minute you have good service & the next you don't & that's not even moving so it's almost not worth the $50 anymore very disappointed with straight talk right now & I have been with them 4-5 years...

Topeka, Kansas, United States #896786

I also like the service from straight talk. Unfortunately I HATE the customer service!!!!

and the Auto refill!!!

spent about 45min on the phone trying to get my 15.00 back from when they took it out on auto refill but never credited to my hot spot.

They can't/won't prove I used it but they refused to believe I didn't have internet for 2 weeks. And refused to let me talk with someone from the USA

they will never have access to my credit card numbers again

why international calls are busy

to jasvinder #831361

Hi, this is Maria and I work for Straight Talk. I can help you get this resolved right away.

Please email us your contact information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.

Include your name, contact number, cell phone or serial number. Please copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email or you can chat with us live @ http://bit.ly/16DrgbW .

West Monroe, Louisiana, United States #803713

I had the same problem and they actually caused me some overdraft fees and guess what??? they refused to refund me this and did it two more months .

Each time I called and told them to cancel auto refill (even though I cancelled it on the website and had them cancel it) they told me I was not on auto refill...no payment for the 125.0. they cost me.