Verified Reviewer

1.5

Update by user Dec 02, 2021

Nothing at all was offered by Straight Talk other than to continue adding data or to move to the unlimited data plan that would constitute a new plan as they do not allow a current plan to be upgraded!

Original review posted by user Dec 02, 2021

The first month not much of an issue other than my 30 day period ended on day 29 with services of nothing until I moved the payment I had issued a day forward for a return of service. When customer service was able to be reached as I work nights often and they operate on a limited schedule M-F that has lessened because of COVID, nothing was done by them other than moving the day of renewal a day.

Now in the second month it seems that I have exceeded my 10GB data with another 4GB purchased and used in the next few days. Once that data is used they throttle my data down to nothing which is so low my ride share app's will not even operate. They claim for the throttled down amount to below that 2G speed but having the inability to run navigation app's or send pics via email states otherwise. Working to the third tier of customer service got me only a headache with no pertinent information on answers for how in ten years with another service provider was I over 3 GB when allowed 6 GB but performing the same job in the same area has seen me use up tp 5.9 GB in a 24 hour period?

Insane as well as impossible! Data from last month was not provided to me by customer service even as rollover data was promised and I was not allowed to have my call transferred within the US borders. The answer I was given even after payments of 55 being made in the first 12 days of service cycle was to purchase more data, use wi-fi more, OR purchase and unlimited data plan for 55 dollars. Them seeing any issues on their part with the upgrade to the unlimited plan (55 dollars monthly) as that amount had now been met would not happen per the 3rd tier customer service manager that I was in communications with informed me of numerous times with my request in logic and ethics be returned to their business practices.

No contact of any sort has been attempted as a follow up or concern of my next moves with my decision honestly not yet found. I will work away from that company and inform everyone I can of never having service with Straight Talk.

User's recommendation: Stay far away from Straight Talk.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Phone Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Straight Talk Wireless Pros: Claimed services at inception.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Horrible customer service housed overseas that are pt, Exaugurated data usage claims, Throttled down data speeds closer to nothing than 2g, Refusal in upgrade of services, Force the entire plan to be purchase.

Comments

#2099725

Hi Kenneth S Gda. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble you have encountered with our service. It’s important to us that our customers are more than satisfied, and we would like the opportunity to resolve this issue immediately. If you give us a chance, we are intent on making this right and hope you will allow us to speak with you to discuss the situation. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews