Phoenix, Arizona
3.0

Around mid-July 2015, I go another phone from my new company with service by Verizon and called ST to reduce my plan from $45 to $30 since I was forwarding the calls to my new cell. The representative told me that the only way I can go to a lower plan is to "purchase it through Walmart". I said thank you and told the ST Representative to please remove my auto-refill.

I went online and did purchase the $30 plan through walmart.com. Upon my previous plan being expired and service suspended, I tried keying my new $30 plan number but would not activate my cell phone.

I called ST and the next ST Representative said that "you cannot use the $30 plan with your phone" so I asked that they connect it back to the auto refill which they did.

On August 4, 2015 I spoke to a ST Representative in Spanish and asked that they credit the $30 plan I purchased to my current account and the ST Representative said it could not be done. So I asked if I could get a refund for this $30 plan I bought on ST's advice. He said "no". I got so frustrated that I called him and ST a "piece of ***" and hung up. Granted, it was not my norm but being frustrated to no avail I decided to relieve myself.

Within a couple of minutes, my phone was disconnected. I called again a ST Representative and they told me it had been reported stolen, obviously by the last ST Representative without my authorization.

SUGGESTION: Why don't you make it a requirement that a pin should be given to the ST Representative when making such a report and not allow the system to show the pin so that you do not experience rogue ST representative like this?

Fast forward 16 days and cumulatively 7-8 hours talking to ST Representatives, a new sim card and a 15 day credit of lost usage and finally I have my phone back.

I hope some financial nerd is reading all this lost productivity to correct this situation.

Res ipsa louqitur!!

Sincerely,

Very Dissatisfied Customer

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Customer service experience.

• Customer Service Fraud

Comments

MariaST

I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away.

@MariaST

I have had the same issue.... being told to buy a card that I could not use.

I left ST over this. Happy i did too