1.7
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Straight Talk They don’t “Talk Straight” They engage in false and misleading advertising of their warranties They functionally are NOT “no contract” service unless you bring your own unlocked phone with you.We’ve been customers since 2012 and at first the service and the deal seemed acceptable.

Recently [2017] we updated our phones by buying two reconditioned iPhones from Straight Talk, cash so we owned them outright, not paying over time. In less than a month my wife’s started overheating and turning off. They directed us to Apple. Apple was very nice and even ran diagnostics on our phone but said they had no warrantee relationship with Straight Talk.

It took a 3 way call with Apple and Straight Talk to get them to admit it was on them. They, seemingly reluctantly replaced her phone, Next in about 10 weeks from purchase my phone died. Now both in the advertising, during the online chat and with stickers on the box it says it has a 90 day Warranty” - well as they say the large print giveth and the small print taketh away. 90 days is for the ACCESSORIES, not the phone itself, which is only 30 days.

[The “accessories” is the charge cable by the way.] While moving from supervisor to supervisor to try to get satisfaction my wife gets on the website and engages in a chat with Straight Talk trying to buy the same phone and asks about the warranty, and she was told 90 days. The bottom line was they would rather lose customers of over 5 years than honor their false advertising. So we took our business elsewhere, and while trying to get our phone going [the one we bought from them and thought we owned outright?] after porting our number we discovered the phone was locked. Upon contacting Straight Talk to unlock it, we learned their “no contract” deal isn’t that at all.

You need to be under continual contract for one year on the same phone, before they will unlock it. Also meaning our 5 years of business didn’t count.

It’s all in the fine print of their “non - contract.” So the main thing Straight Talk does NOT do is talk straight.I’ll never return, and I’ll tell everyone who will listen how despicable they are as a business.

Review about: Straight Talk Wireless Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being deceived about warranties and no contract.

Had an Experience with Straight Talk Wireless?

Comments

MariaST

Hi.I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Let me help you in resolving your issue.

Please send us an email with your account information to straighttalk@fb-tracfone.com to further assist you.Thank you.