State: Florida Product: Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Unlock Clear all filters (2 of 3 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
now the only way to unlock the phone is to reactivate it and pay for another year of their worthless service. What a crock of *** I am looking into how to start a class action lawsuit to make straight talk wireless pay to unlock all the phones that have been...
user85397780

I have 2 IPhone 6s that were active with straight talk for over 30 months. When I requested them unlocked because I wanted to transfer to a new carrier, straight talk refused to unlock them. Claimed they phones show new in their system & need to be activated with straight talk for 12 months.

View more comments
Review
Service
Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Unlock
Cons
  • Lack of service and their constant lying to the customers
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
I want them to unlock my phone I paid $200.00 for and they told me it was unlocked and then they told me it wasnt almost a year later when i needed to use it.
Tags
  • PISSED AT STRAIGHT TALK

Straight Talk Wireless Cell Phone Unlock Review from Punta Gorda, Florida

1.4
I am disabled and live below the poverty line. I originally bought the straight talk phone because I was going to be away for a few days and Social Security requires that I be in touch with my caregiver every day. I can not afford cell service every month. I just qualifed for a free phone. Unfortunately the phone they sent only holds a charge for 8 hours. They said I could have the service transfered to any unlocked phone. I took my straight talk phone to Walmart and they refused to unlock it. At home I called straight talk and they refused to unlock my phone because I did not have continuous service for 12 months. I made 4 more phone calls to straight talk. I was sent back to the unlock department on the second call even though I asked for a supervisor. Asked the unlock department for a supervisor and went to on hold for a very long time. Hung up to try again. This time I was told after being placed on hold. 3 or 4 times that the supervisor refused to talk to me and I would have to talk to their lawyer. They put me on hold and sent me to the unlock department. I hung up again and called back, explained the whole story and was finally put through to a supervisor. She listened, said hold on, laid the phone on her desk and walked away. 20 minutes later, an alarm on her phone started going off then the phone transfered me to customer service. I told my story again, the girl said she could help me and sent meback to the unlock department. The unlock department refused to unlock the phone. I used to program phone systems. The unlock department said they can't. I know better. They won't.
MariaST
#1191297

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

#1205174
@MariaST

I tried on several occasions to work with you but my problem is still unresolved. I had to buy a new phone. Straight talk continues to give me a hard time by not porting my home phone number to my new carrier.

View more comments (1)