My phone was stolen and my daughter was texted from it trying to get us to buy it back. I immediately contacted StaightTalk and informed them of the incident and told them to please turn off that phone and that I would be going to buy a new phone to transfer the number to.

I was told no problem and to call them when I purchased the new phone. After purchasing the new phone, I am being told that my phone number and not my phone is on a blacklist and that I cant take it off the blacklist without taking the phone off the blacklist. If I want my previous phone number, I have to allow the thief to be able to turn on my old phone that he stole. On top of that, I have to wait 72 hours for my phone number to be removed from this blacklist to be activated to my new phone.

I am shocked.

Does this sound as stupid to you as it does to me. Now the thief can take that phone anywhere he wants and have it activated.

Comments

MariaST

Hi TellingLadybug. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

Please accept our deepest apology for the inconvenience we have caused you. Allow us to check with it so we can get this resolved. To do this, please send us a message through this chat link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.