I've had some of the worst scenarios with customer service with Straight Talk, even when being sent to their "hot line" and talking to "managers". I started having trouble with my phone and and couldn't get data and online.

I called customer service and they gave me a completely different APN setting, which didn't work. They had no idea why. I called several days later, and they gave me the same APN setting, which still didn't work. I was getting frustrated and they promised me two weeks "unbilled service" for my troubles.

The next day I was billed the full amount. Called a week later and got the customer service "hot line" with some numskull who couldn't even access my records. Called 10 minutes later and got the elevated customer service and he gave me a different APN settings which were (guess what) different than the other two guys. This one Worked and I finally got data.

Then I asked him about the billing issue and he said that yes, I should get two weeks free service, but he couldn't deal with it because I had automatic billing and did I want to *** the automatic billing so I could get the free two weeks.

Oh, but I would have to call back later to do it. Horrendous, horrendous customer service!

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Internet Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

You are absolutely right, ridiculously awful customer service. They sell you defective equipment and then expect you to go without phone service for weeks while you mail them their defective phone to fix.

Unbelievable that a company would even suggest such a thing. They need to start being fined by consumer protection.

MariaST
to Anonymous #1159746

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

MariaST

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.