Verified Reviewer

1.2

It took Straight Talk 3 weeks to complete my port in requests from Spectrum

Mobile. My phone worked fine for 2 days, and then I had no service at all.

When I called customer service. I was told that my number had been ported out without my permission to Simple mobile. They claim that they retrieved my phone number, but it has been going on 15 days that I cannot receive calls/texts. I have spoken with at least 50 employees/supervisors, as well as corporate team members.

Nobody is willing to help. I filed complaints with both Better Business Bureau and FCC.

My next step will be to hire an attorney. This company is beyond unethical and continuously runs their business illegally.

User's recommendation: File complaints with FCC to expose illegal practices.

Preferred solution: My phone needs to work immediately. I have no service. Once I am able to port my phone number out, I want a full refund. My phone number must remain active, so that I can port out..

Straight Talk Wireless Pros: Low prices.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Four days not receiving and not being able to place calls, Worst customer service ever, Bills are wrong, Using people who cannot understand what i say.

Comments

#2094442

Hi Tasha S Klo. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

It is that we received with great concern your feedback about the poor service you experience. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience we have caused you. If you give us a chance, we are intent on making this right and hope you will allow us to speak with you to discuss the situation. We can escalate this issue to our highest department and schedule you a callback.

To do so, please send your contact information through this link http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO and paste it on a new window for chat support. We're available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You may also text the keyword HELP to 611611. Thank you.

#2095835
@MariaST

The chat that you referred me to is utterly useless. You copy and paste this same reply to every concern, and it truly is pathetic.

How can chat help with an illegal port out of my phone number? Also, as a follow up, I am currently having issues even trying to port out my phone number from Straight Talk, which is also illegal. I have spoken with numerous employees regarding my issues. None of them have been helped or resolved through Straight Talk.

You really need to change management and start over with your customer service. I’m sure you have another class action lawsuit coming your way due to not handling these illegal practices.

#2095836
@MariaST

This reply as per usual Straight Talk fashion is unhelpful and does not address my original comment.

#2096125
@MariaST

The chat option that you speak of is laughable. Also, since this last post, Straight Talk has deactivated my account when I was trying to port my phone number out to another carrier.

This will be another illegal practice. Instead of directing me to the chat, you should be having a representative reach out to me to actually solve some of the damage of the illegal business tactics that you used.

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews