1.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I had been with StraightTalk for several years, but for the last year my service had declined to the point I could not make or receive a phone call unless I went outside my house. People with different services could use their phones, but mine would not make connection.

Starting in August 2017 I tried working with ST to fix the problem. First we changed out the SIM card, no better. Then they had me send in my older phone and they sent me a replacement. I still had no service, so I was obliged to find another provider.

Since then I have chatted, texted, messaged, phoned and written to corporate. All I get is a runaround. I've been lied to, hung up on and ignored. The rep on the phone never has any knowledge of the case, rarely speaks clear English, and does nothing except push me off to another phone number or link where they have a prepared list of phrases to say "sorry for the inconvenience, there's nothing I can do for you." I have made multiple requests for callbacks so I could speak with someone familiar with my case, and I have had days and days of my time wasted waiting for those calls only to be hung up on, rescheduled, and put right back in the same loop.

I finally got a callback, and I was fed a bunch of prepared buzzwords like “technology exchange?” and “networking problem” and “we are unable to processes anything at this time” Why can they do nothing? Because my phone is past the 30 day warranty period. I've been trying to work something out with them for 4 months, but they "cannot process anything at this time" because my phone is past the 30 day Warranty Period. I was offered two suggestions: 1.

Sell the phone to a StraightTalk customer 2. Buy my own phone elsewhere and activate a new account with them that might work. First of all, I wouldn't sell my phone to an unsuspecting StraightTalk customer. Not even an enemy.

Second...how stupid would I have to be to engage in business with them again? I've seen the lack of customer support. It's not like they are the only wireless company in the world. I tried everything to resolve this issue, only to have my time, money and energy consumed by StraightTalk.

All I want is to return their phone and get a refund.

Why should I be stuck with a worthless phone because they could no longer provide the service they promised? FCC and BBB next.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care.

I liked: Phone and service plan.

Comments

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've experienced. Let me help you in resolving that billing issue.

Let us further check your account. To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to straighttalk@fb-tracfone.com.

to MariaST #1410618

Maria, this looks like more of the same runaround I've been getting, and if your customer support keeps any kind of records at all you already have all my contact information. Your purpose is to take the conversation offline so you can blow me off again.

But, ok, I will play your game some more. I will send that email as requested.

to peb #1410663

That went exactly as expected. I sent the email with my contact information only to get a reply:

"Hi.

We are sorry for the trouble. What seems to be the problem?"

I emailed the contents of this page and immediately got the expected response:

"We are sorry for the trouble that you have encountered. I have already reviewed your account. Upon checking, we cannot provide a refund nor unlock this phone."

That's the only response I ever get - steer the conversation away from public eyes, then a flat denial of resolution.

Blow me off for 4 months, then tell me you can't refund my phone because it is past the 30 day warranty! Worst customer service ever.

to peb #1410681

I feel so silly! Looking through the complaints on this site I see that StraightTalk just uses the same robo-answer for everyone.

And everyone gets the same results. Nothing.

to peb #1411265

I got another email from StraightTalk telling me my “case was being escalated” and I would get a call within 24-48 hours. The call came through, but, as usual, it was a horrible connection and even when I could hear the rep I couldn’t understand her very well.

This has been a common complaint I’ve been reading online, and I feel really stupid that I didn’t catch on before this….that bad connection and poor communication is on purpose! That purpose is to irritate, confuse, annoy and frustrate. It is intended to waste your time and drive you away with your problem unresolved.

This call was just more of the same.

My case is quite small compared to some of the horror stories I have been reading, I want reimbursement of $99 for a useless phone.

Many other people are out hundreds and hundreds of dollars and getting the exact same runaround as I am getting now. I have tried to work with StraightTalk in every way, and it is completely obvious that is going nowhere. They will not unlock, they will not refund. They will waste your time until you give up in sheer disgust and screaming frustration.

Ok.

We will go in a new direction. #BBB #FCC

I know I will never get a refund, but I WILL spread the word far and wide about the horrible service you can expect from this company.