1.4

I bought the straight talk hot spot that works off the Verizon network (zte z288L) after extensive review as well as verifying everything with their customer service rep via telephone. After setting it up I found that I could not check my usage except by calling a rep.

Neither the device nor the web site showed usage although they advertise that both did. In other words you either run out of data, subscribe to auto refill and keep paying and paying, or repeatedly call them and stay on hold waiting for them to retrieve the info. Very difficult to budget your data use this way and unacceptable to a budget user like me. Before giving up I emailed, chatted, and talked on the phone with them a total of 5 times.

The first 4 told me they would report the problem but naturally nothing happened. 3 months later still waiting I called customer service and got someone in the Philippines who kept me on the phone for nearly 45 minutes before saying that usage was not available for the Verizon version only the AT&T hot spot. Plus they were so poorly trained and spoke such poor english the entire time was agony. When I complained and asked for a refund naturally they sent me back to the hot spot seller where my 30 days was over.

Most frustrating and they down right lied.

But what else is new in the world of internet and cell phone/data where everyone will say anything and sell you the Brooklyn Bridge. Shame on these companys and all who allow this to go on.

Preferred solution: do as promised .

I didn't like: Misleading terms of service, Customer service staff, Being lied to.

Comments

Henrico, North Carolina, United States #941929

I am having the same problem... and the same results when I try to resolve this issue. I am sorry I put out the money for the initial investment.

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I am Maria and I work with Straight Talk.

Please let me help you get this resolved.

Send me an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Thank you.