Last month I paid online and enrolled for automatic refill, at least that's what was supposed to happen. The next day my phone wasn't working.

I had to use someone else's phone to call the customer service center. The first person I talked to said they didn't receive any information or payment from me from the previous day. I gave him my credit card information and he said I was all set. I also enrolled in automatic refill at this time.

After an hour my phone still wasn't working, even though I restarted it and waited a decent amount of time. I called again and spoke to a different person. They said it was declined but that the previous person may have typed something in wrong. While I was on the phone with this person I checked my discover account.

$500 of available credit was more than enough to cover the $50 charge for the service from straight talk. So I gave this person my card info and waited another hour. My phone still wasn't working. I called a third time, pretty irritated at this point.

This guy must have been too close to a speaker or something that would cause static interference. I could barely discern anything he was saying. He said he was a manager of some kind. He said my card was declined again, so I gave him my debt card info.

After about 3 minutes the static became so bad that I couldn't hear his voice at all. I was hoping he could hear me though, so I asked to speak to someone else. I was transferred to a woman this time. She was a higher level manager than the guy I was just trying to speak to.

I told her what was going on, had her confirm the debt card info I just gave the other guy, and asked to be taken off automatic refill. She said everything was taken care of, that the payment went through and my phone should be working again. She had been very kind and helpful, so I thought.My phone was working again after that so I figured she had cleared up this mess. About 2 weeks later I looked at my credit card statement and saw that there was, in fact, a charge from straight talk on there, even though they had said my card was declined twice.

I called discover and told the phone representative what had happened and that I wanted to dispute the charge. Obviously calling the straight talk customer service center doesn't do any good. She said she filed the disputed, but if I could prove that I did pay for the service another way, like showing a receipt or bank statement, that the process would be a lot faster. After getting off the phone with discover I checked my bank account so I could send them a statement and found out that I had been charged twice on my debt account.

WTF? If anything it should have been the other way around, twice on the credit card and once on the debt. Anyway, I called my bank and told them what was going on and that I wanted to file a dispute for one of the charges. The rep that I spoke to said she had a terrible experience with straight talk, bad enough that she became an advocate of sorts for people in similar situations.

She also discovered that it still said I was enrolled in automatic refill! WTF again?! I had to deactivate that card and have a new one sent to me in the mail because they would just keep charging me every month on the first card anyway. Everything was taken care of after about 2 weeks.

The reason for this complaint is that I just received a charge on my discover account from straight talk.

Does your company have any competent employees? If so, could you have the ones with at least half a brain take care of this issue? I do not want automatic refill.

I do not want your services. Give me my money back or you're going to have an even bigger issue on your hands.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Customer Care.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Unreliable customer care, Very difficult to get a refund, Dishonest company, Incompetent employees.

• Just Dont Go To Them

Comments

MariaST

Hi FastToucan780. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for all the trouble that you encountered with our dealership. It was definitely not the experience we wanted you to have. We'd like to speak with you again to fully investigate what happened and straighten things out. Kindly chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. We look forward to speaking and working with you towards earning back your trust.