Verified Reviewer

Resolved
3.7
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Aug 11, 2021

Whoever helped me this morning was absolutely perfect. All I needed was one call she took care of it immediately and I’m really happy..

Original review posted by user Aug 11, 2021

I have been a customer of Straight Talk since 2017. Things have been great until recently.

The past few months or so every time the monthly billing resets, my data usage doesnt reset back to 0MB even though its already paid for. Sometimes it will show that it reset to 0MB for 10 minutes and then it goes back to showing my new monthly plan as the previous data I used for the past month. Its extremely frustrating and I dont appreciate having to talk to 7 different customer service people every month that this happens because no one seems to know how to reset it back to 0MB. Its gotten to the point where I dread the end of my monthly service because I know I will need to go through everything again and again.

Since covid Ive had to cut back on expenses so I dont have internet or wifi which means everything I do whether its working or watching things or streaming is all through my phone. Last night I paid for my service as usual it showed me my transaction went through, I checked 611611 to see my usage and it had reset back to 0MB for the new billing date but 10 minutes later it showed my data usage from last month again.

I understand it throttles at 200GB and I dont appreciate having to wait 2+ days for it to reset back to 0MB because I have no connection during that time and I pay for the days lost when I should be getting service. I saw some other reviews online and I understand that Im not the only one who deals with this and I just hope that instead of updating their plans to be the next best thing Straight Talk can focus on the things like monthly data not resetting because that matters as well.

User's recommendation: Be careful.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Straight Talk Wireless Pros: Unlimited text.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Dont honor loyalty, Lack of tech support.

Comments