I have had tech support and the WalMart crew checking and they cannot find the cause. I use this phone for business and cannot afford for my clients to reach some stranger when they need to contact me.

I have had my number for over 12 years, by business and webs are tied to it - so changing numbers IS NOT an option.

I have been told it is a carrier issue and getting a new phone or sim card won't help. I will report to PUC, and if that does not help, I will have no alternative but to file a LARGE LAWSUIT for breach in my security.

Product or Service Mentioned: Straight Talk Wireless Phone Service.

Reason of review: My calls are being redirected without permission..

Preferred solution: FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I liked: Unlimited plan has served me well, I could go almost anywhere in the us and use my phone, Cheaper rates and no contracts.

Comments

By now I hope you have resolved your issue, however, because it's so important to have a reliable number and it's likely a carrier issue I'd recommend buying another phone that uses a different carrier. ST actually buys service from T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T and different phones are associated with different carriers.

I'd recommend buying a new phone if only just to transfer service to a new carrier for a day and then transfer it back to the old phone. Sometimes doing things like that can clear up problems like what you are experiencing. Then return the phone you just purchased for a refund or maybe keep the new phone and return the old one if it's still returnable.

It's not a great solution I know, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. When I transferred my service from a ST phone that used Verizon to one that used T-Mobile the transfer only took a few minutes, but your mileage may vary.

MariaST
Straight Talk Wireless Verified Representative

Hi. I’m Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.

To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com.