Update by user Nov 04

After another hour with tech support, I was finally transferred to a manager who is sending another SIM card

Original review posted by user Nov 03

I have been a straight talk user for years. Last month I go a text saying I needed a new phone b/c the network will no longer support my phone.

That was fine since my phone was 6 years old. I purchased a new phone from straight talk after speaking with someone over on-line support who assured me the phone would have excellent service in my area. I received the phone and sure enough, it will not work. I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with tech support who keep transferring me to someone else and who keep telling my I have excellent coverage.

Really? The phone will not make or receive a call. The phone will not send or receive texts. The phone will not even send calls or texts over WiFi even though it displays a message saying all calls will be made over wifi.

I even took the phone to a straight talk deal who said there is nothing wrong with the SIM card or the phone and that it was a network problem. Spent another 2 hours with customer service. They gave me a 72 hour ticket number. Naturally, after the 72 hours, the phone still didn't work.

Another hour with customer service and now they are sending another SIM card....that's not the issue according to the dealer. They will not allow me to send the phone back. Brand new phone that I haven't been able to use in over a month. Unbelievably poor tech support.

They transfer you from person to person. Each new person makes you go through the exact same steps the previous person did.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Did not get coverage in the area they said, Network connectivity issues, Awful customer service.

Comments