I have been a straight talk user for years. Last month I got a text saying I needed a new phone b/c the network will no longer support my phone.

That was fine since my phone was 6 years old. I purchased a new phone from straight talk after speaking with someone over on-line support who assured me the phone would have excellent service in my area. I received the phone and sure enough, it will not work. I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with tech support who keep transferring me to someone else and who keep telling my I have excellent coverage.

Really? The phone will not make or receive a call. The phone will not send or receive texts. The phone will not even send calls or texts over WiFi even though it displays a message saying all calls will be made over wifi.

I even took the phone to a straight talk dealer who said there is nothing wrong with the SIM card or the phone and that it was a network problem. Spent another 2 hours with customer service. They gave me a 72 hour ticket number. Naturally, after the 72 hours, the phone still didn't work.

Another hour with customer service and now they are sending another SIM card....that's not the issue according to the dealer. They will not allow me to send the phone back. Brand new phone that I haven't been able to use in over a month. Unbelievably poor tech support.

They transfer you from person to person. Each new person makes you go through the exact same steps the previous person did.

Preferred solution: exchange phone for one that actually works, reimbursement for service plan I couldn't use.

Straight Talk Wireless Cons: Given the runaround, Awful customer service, Phone will not call or text, Network connectivity issues.

Comments

Marianne M

I have returned the phone and am using a different service provider. I have no problem with service through Verizon pre-paid.The sad fact is that Straight talk does not care one little bit about their customers or their service.

All they do is keep giving you the same phone number that connects you to people who give you the same answers over and over and over. I have literally spent HOURS on the phone with their customer service and tech's, who by the way did absolutely NOTHING to resolve the issue. If they cared so much, they would reimburse me for the activation of the crap phone they sold me and for the month of service I couldn't use.

Now I get to spend another month trying to get them to credit my account for the piece of crap phone the sold me. This issue will never be resolved b/c Straight talk doesn't care to resolve it.

MariaST

Hi. This is Maria from Straight Talk Wireless.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This is not the standard of business we want you to have, and be assured that we will do our best to help you fix the phone service. Your time is valuable, and we want to make sure that you get the assistance that you need. For assistance, please chat with us at http://bit.ly/2CuBvXO, call Customer Service at 1-877-430-2355, or text the word Chat to short code 611611.

For your convenience, our representatives are available Mondays to Sundays from 08:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. ^Robert

Straight Talk Wireless Reviews